Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DEVASTATED!!! Help, need to make a decision!

DEVASTATED!!! Help, need to make a decision!

Old Apr 18th 2009, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Default DEVASTATED!!! Help, need to make a decision!

Hello All

I just found out that our 175visa will not be processed until due cause because of economic situation in Australia. My hubby a bricklayer so now been taken off CSL list.

We have 2 options if we want to get to OZ by end of this year - state sponsorship in Western Australia or South Australia.

But we were planning on going to Queensland!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are a family of 5, we have 3 daughters aged 12, 10 and 1.

Can anyone please give us any info regarding Adelaide and Perth on job situations, schools, living etc etc. We need to make a decision by Monday.
We are so devastated that cannot go to GC as planned and woud like any info on suburbs and family life in both areas.

Any help would be much appreciated.

From a very stressed out Mum!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 18th 2009, 11:43 am

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of
Default Re: DEVASTATED!!! Help, need to make a decision!

Hi Sutty (please don't stress, easier said than done I know)

Sorry to read your situation. They are not processing 175 (non CSL) this financial year, so you never know if we are lucky they might get to us after this time. (might not mind you)!about your dilemma.

When did you apply? They may well revert to processing in lodgement order (if and when this happens), so this would be useful to know?

SSV? I applied to WA after visiting last year and we loved it, we liked the laid back lifestyle, beautiful beaches and parks, the city outdoor lifestyle for the kids,in fact everything! (and beleive me I wasn't wearing my rose-tinted specs). its not for everyone, and no doubt someone will come along who lives there and disagrees. unfortunately I have no idea about the job prospects for brickies, or SA, just curious why do you need to decide on Monday??

Search the forum - it's been a wealth of information for a lot of us, and I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful information and really helpful members here too.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

P

Last edited by Perthfect; Apr 18th 2009 at 12:12 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Adelaide is a lovely place for families, my mate over there said building work is on the increase! you would obviously have to research that tho, think if you really want to get there this year you will have to pick one way or the other!

wish you luck

Bluekipper
Old Apr 18th 2009, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Perthfect
They are not processing 175 (non CSL) this financial year, so you never know if we are lucky they might get to us after this time. (might not mind you)!

Hi Sutty (please don't stress, easier said than done I know)

Sorry to read about your dilemma. When did you apply? They may well revert to processing in lodgement order (if and when this happens), so this would be useful to know?

SSV? I applied to WA after visiting last year and we loved it, we liked the laid back lifestyle, beautiful beaches and parks, the city outdoor lifestyle for the kids,in fact everything! (and beleive me I wasn't wearing my rose-tinted specs). its not for everyone, and no doubt someone will come along who lives there and disagrees. unfortunately I have no idea about the job prospects for brickies, or SA, just curious why do you need to decide on Monday??

Search the forum - it's been a wealth of information for a lot of us, and I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful information and really helpful members here too.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

P
We need to decide quick incase they change the state sponsorship lists and take tradies off that aswell as they did with queensland recently.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 11:51 am

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

when did you apply for your visa?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

when did you apply for your visa?
August 08
Old Apr 18th 2009, 11:58 am

mmmm - dilemma - there's a lot in front of you in the queue if they do decide to process in lodgement order.

Why dont you apply for both states?? It doesnt cost you anything, and you dont have to change your visa type from 175 to 176 until you have a decision? If they both say yes then you have a choice (and have done some research into both states), but like you say, they might not say yes, or might change their criteria.

Good luck!
Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

nephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the rough

hello sutty if I were in your position I would apply for sa stay for 2 years and then move to gold coast from there.I lived in adelaide didnt enjoy it but then moved to qld,if you are determined to make the move that is how I would do it easy to move from sa to qld wa is a bit further I think good luck.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nephilim
hello sutty if I were in your position I would apply for sa stay for 2 years and then move to gold coast from there.I lived in adelaide didnt enjoy it but then moved to qld,if you are determined to make the move that is how I would do it easy to move from sa to qld wa is a bit further I think good luck.
What didnt you enjoy about it?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

nephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the rough

hello again sutty I dont want to go into my opinions to much,just as a family myself 35 hubby 40 two boys 14 and 9 it wasnt for us,you need to decide what you want from a place least assured adelaide will not be anything like GC.Not wanting to offend anyone who lives in sa that is probably how far I will go,anyway 2 years isn,t really long to get to where you want to be is it,there are always another way dont gived up if this is your dream.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

mmmm - dilemma - there's a lot in front of you in the queue if they do decide to process in lodgement order.

Why dont you apply for both states?? It doesnt cost you anything, and you dont have to change your visa type from 175 to 176 until you have a decision? If they both say yes then you have a choice (and have done some research into both states), but like you say, they might not say yes, or might change their criteria.

Good luck!
Can i ask where abouts in WA you are heading and do you have a family?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

scamp1976 is on a distinguished road

Both Adelaide and Perth will suffer a lot in the recession. Bricklayer just isn't the right job at the moment, just like IT wasn't the right job in 2001. Maybe in a few years things will be on the move again, but this crisis isn't over yet.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scamp1976
Both Adelaide and Perth will suffer a lot in the recession. Bricklayer just isn't the right job at the moment, just like IT wasn't the right job in 2001. Maybe in a few years things will be on the move again, but this crisis isn't over yet.
Tell me about it, thats why its such a hard decision to make!!
Old Apr 18th 2009, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hello All

I just found out that our 175visa will not be processed until due cause because of economic situation in Australia. My hubby a bricklayer so now been taken off CSL list.

We have 2 options if we want to get to OZ by end of this year - state sponsorship in Western Australia or South Australia.

But we were planning on going to Queensland!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are a family of 5, we have 3 daughters aged 12, 10 and 1.

Can anyone please give us any info regarding Adelaide and Perth on job situations, schools, living etc etc. We need to make a decision by Monday.
We are so devastated that cannot go to GC as planned and woud like any info on suburbs and family life in both areas.

Any help would be much appreciated.

From a very stressed out Mum!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are sponsored by the WA government do they specify where in WA you have to work?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hoveactually
If you are sponsored by the WA government do they specify where in WA you have to work?
No, you can live and work anywhere in WA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.