Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Detailed Map of Tasmania

Detailed Map of Tasmania

Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:13 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Detailed Map of Tasmania

Originally Posted by NJJ
What is everyon's opinion on the logging in tasmania?

Are you in favour of clearing the bushland completely or should it be left alone to grow??

Ideally I think that the bushland should be not left to grow, but cut down so that it keeps the landscape looking tidy.

regards
NJJ
Agreed.

They need to make sure there's a clear runway. They don't want any planes to miss target do they.

Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:17 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Agreed.

They need to make sure there's a clear runway. They don't want any planes to miss target do they.
Most of my landings are fairly ordinary, and I've ended up landing hard and spilling fuel all over the strip.

Badge

Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:06 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Badge
Most of my landings are fairly ordinary, and I've ended up landing hard and spilling fuel all over the strip.

Badge
PMSL....you obviously landed great one time though Badge. No spillage there then!

Maybe until you are experienced, you should stick to straight landing. Get your landing gear out in plenty of time and make sure everything is well oiled beforehand.

Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:12 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge

Badge
Blimey, that would be a nasty clean up for the rest of your team at the CFA
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:18 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs
Blimey, that would be a nasty clean up for the rest of your team at the CFA
Still learning how to handle that hose maybe.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:40 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
What is everyon's opinion on the logging in tasmania?

NJJ

I understand logging is very popular in Tasmania and many do so with their cousins and other family members. John Howard bent over backwards to keep them happy in the run up to the election, partly resulting in Labor getting shafted.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:47 am
aussie73

200 years ago the British took one look at the map of Tasmania and decided it was the perfect place for a PENAL colony.

Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:01 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by aussie73
200 years ago the British took one look at the map of Tasmania and decided it was the perfect place for a PENAL colony.
Yes and look what hapened. The British soon penetrated Tasmania.

Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:40 am
aussie73

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Yes and look what hapened. The British soon penetrated Tasmania.
Amazing considering the very small size of their muskats.

Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:27 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by aussie73
Lots of HARD labour

Old Apr 18th 2005, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough

Its been a while since I last visited Tassie, but I'm hoping to fly down with Virgin next week. Talking of wild Tassie fish, I was hoping to do a spot of fly fishing somewhere near Godffrey's Peak but the Missus is dead set against that idea.

A word of warning to all you pot holers out there, its a dangerous sport! You could get stuck, and god forbid if the waters come up you could even drown!!

If you need a map the RACQ do a good one, but we still end up arguing while I drive.

Papa Z
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:09 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zentack
Its been a while since I last visited Tassie, but I'm hoping to fly down with Virgin next week.
Now this made me laugh, even though poor old Z missed the plot completely .
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:15 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Lets hope Z gets the famous Virgin service.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough

Plot? Wot Plot? Beleive me I'd love to visit Tassie more often but with a 4 month baby Z it ain't so easy to enjoy the wilds of Tas... mania. And yes the best views of the valley are from Godffrey's Mount but they say it can drive a man crazy if you spend to much time out there in the bushlands of Tas!!

On the subject of pot holling I would strongly recomend you take breathing apperatuse with you in case of flood...... preferably laughing gas

I have also heard that the service is good with Virgin, but that you need to pay extra for the bickies and tea. Still you can't beat good service with a smile, but do they do frequent flier points like the girls from Qantas?

Papa Z

Is anyone out there on my wave length?
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

He's got the plot just fine

I've never got frequent flyer points going to Tassie though, even with Virgin.

Cheers,
JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.