Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Detailed Map of Tasmania

Detailed Map of Tasmania

Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:42 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Detailed Map of Tasmania

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Your interested in Tassie then?

Arn't we all. I think this is a useful thread. I hope we can all learn something.

(probably Benny hill and blackadder jokes)

Cheers,
JTL
I love geography in general but TAS is a particular favourite spot yes.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Mind it could be flat and barren like the Brazilian bushland
I believe they maintain a thin line of bush in the brazilian bushland.

I suppose its eco friendly, put I prefer the tassie bush, much more dense. Unfortunately it makes the interesting areas difficult to find.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:56 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I believe they maintain a thin line of bush in the brazilian bushland.

I suppose its eco friendly, put I prefer the tassie bush, much more dense. Unfortunately it makes the interesting areas difficult to find.

Cheers,
JTL
You do have to be careful when out in the wilds of TAS though. Several times a year, there is severe flooding and the more interesting areas can become a complete no-go area. Of course there are those that ignore the signs and wade straight in anyway.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:56 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Your interested in Tassie then?

Arn't we all. I think this is a useful thread. I hope we can all learn something.

(probably Benny hill and blackadder jokes)

Cheers,
JTL
There are also other lovely places.

The peak district for example.

Or Eiffle tower in Paris, where all the fun is at the top.

Or if you catch the number 69 bus in London, it'll take you on a grand tour.

Maybe you'd fancy the grand canyon?

Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:58 pm
Merlot

There are some seriously sick puppies in our company

. . . did anyone mention bouncing puppies there

Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:02 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by wmoore
You do have to be careful when out in the wilds of TAS though. Several times a year, there is severe flooding and the more interesting areas can become a complete no-go area. Of course there are those that ignore the signs and wade straight in anyway.
PMSL

You forgot to mention that during this time the natives look and act like this :scared:

And when you say "Have a nice day dear"....they scream

"I might effin well do you tw*t...but what's it got to do with you"

Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:05 pm
Merlot

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/arti...6843_2,00.html

A clip from paragraph one

“That’s the thing about the Tassie bush,” Craig said. “It can swallow you whole. Sometimes I take out groups of students, and I tell them to walk into the bush. After 20 yards, I shout “Stop” — and almost all of them struggle to find their way back. It’s so dense in there you can get disorientated. And when you get disorientated ...”

M

Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Of course there are those that ignore the signs and wade straight in anyway.
I believe in following the signs. If they say no-go , I no-go.

To many accidents have happened by going to these areas without properly checking the signs. The outcome is always unfortunate.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:07 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

“That’s the thing about the Tassie bush,” Craig said. “It can swallow you whole. Sometimes I take out groups of students, and I tell them to walk into the bush. After 20 yards, I shout “Stop” — and almost all of them struggle to find their way back. It’s so dense in there you can get disorientated. And when you get disorientated ...”

M
PMSL.....poor lad....his mummy needs to tell him

Or maybe he's another sick puppy

Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

M
There are experts out there that can give it a trim though, so its not quite so intimidating for the inexperienced.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:08 pm
What's happening dudes?

M
Thanks for that. I haven't laughed so much in ages
Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:09 pm
Merlot

I believe in following the signs. If they say no-go , I no-go.

To many accidents have happened by going to these areas without properly checking the signs. The outcome is always unfortunate.

Cheers,
JTL
And must take care then the "Decorators are in" . . .

Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:12 pm
Merlot

There are experts out there that can give it a trim though, so its not quite so intimidating for the inexperienced.

Cheers,
JTL
The latest weapon in bush triming . . . Remington Trim & Shape™ Trimmer
Attached Thumbnails Detailed Map of Tasmania-remington_trimmer_large.jpg  

Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, I can go to sleep happy knowing I've kicked off an insightful thread on the tasmanian bush lands and its exciting peaks and valleys (and dark alleys )

I hope all you fellow posters can keep the information flowing.

Any directions to the small peak at southern tassie still appreciated, but I doubt I'll ever find it I'm useless in the dark, even headlights and a miners helmet don't help.

Good night,
JTL
Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:16 pm
Merlot

Well,..... a miners helmet don't help.

JTL
There you go again with the smut.

Sweet dreams, M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.