Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Desperate times brings desperate measures, looking for all QLRS reply,

Desperate times brings desperate measures, looking for all QLRS reply,

Old Jun 29th 2007, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Desperate times brings desperate measures, looking for all QLRS reply,

As most of you know by now, we’ve been here 4 months & have not been able to get any jobs, OH is now looking into jobs which is in mining as they are willing to pay for he’s specialize training which is “Six Sigma”, but he said we might have to move into mining town, I’m really don’t like the idea of moving into mining town, is there anybody out there who lives in the city & the partner flies out mining town or something.

Farideh
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

down under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nice
Default Re: Desperate times brings desperate measures, looking for all QLRS reply,

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
As most of you know by now, we’ve been here 4 months & have not been able to get any jobs, OH is now looking into jobs which is in mining as they are willing to pay for he’s specialize training which is “Six Sigma”, but he said we might have to move into mining town, I’m really don’t like the idea of moving into mining town, is there anybody out there who lives in the city & the partner flies out mining town or something.

Farideh
my oh fifo on 6wks out 2 wks home,now and again can be longer,depends,i wont live in those mining towns,my opinion,
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Desperate times brings desperate measures, looking for all QLRS reply,

Farideh
What do line of work are you both in?
jacqui
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:33 am
Just Joined

alecdel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by s/nurse
What do line of work are you both in?
jacqui
I don't know if this helps, but a lot of customer service businesses such as contact centres use six sigma principles and training for their management teams so maybe it would be worth considering this in say Brisbane or Sydney? Just a thought but hope you work something out!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Farideh
Mining towns aren't all that bad these days; they are quite civilised and nothing like when they used to resemble Wild West cowboy towns in the early days.

My first introduction to Australia was 5 days in Perth followed by 2 years in Paraburdoo, a one horse town in those days but it's really a case of what you make of it. I grew to like it up there as the craic was good and wages weren't too bad.

We have a son at present in Kalgoorlie, we don't see much of him but he loves it up there. Another son works at Murin Murin doing 2 weeks on, 1 week off FIFO. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

FIFO was unheard of when I was up the mines; no such luxury. It was 52 weeks straight then we were allowed annual leave. Mining Towns are somewhat small but the communities are closely knit; and social life is generally very good, as is sport. Nowadays the isolation isn't there and most mining towns are complete with all mod cons.......... and thanks to the unions there's no such thing as 2 in a donga anymore.

Our kid lives in Cairns and he does FIFO to Nhulanboy, he does 8 days on and 6 days off, and loves it. We were lucky to work for an Aussie company up in Bougainville for 10 years prior to returning to Perth. That was magic, settling back into so called civilisation took some doing as we had got used to the mining town way of life. Why don't you give it a go; you too may grow to like it and i guarantee you'll be made welcome and will easily make loads of good friends (probably all Poms) up the bush.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all your replies, I have shown the OH all your replies, let see if he still wants to go for i or not.