Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Desperate in Perth

Desperate in Perth

Old Oct 9th 2010, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

daisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nice
Default Desperate in Perth

Looking for sponsorship for 457 visa for a Wall & floor Tiler, currently in Perth on a tourist visa myself husband and 2 teenage kids, have been let down by timewasters but refuse to give up, does anybody know of anyone who might be able to help, or any info that might help me and my desperate family to stay here and not have to return to the UK???
Old Oct 9th 2010, 1:18 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperate in Perth

Originally Posted by daisymoo
Looking for sponsorship for 457 visa for a Wall & floor Tiler, currently in Perth on a tourist visa myself husband and 2 teenage kids, have been let down by timewasters but refuse to give up, does anybody know of anyone who might be able to help, or any info that might help me and my desperate family to stay here and not have to return to the UK???
I hope you can sort something out but think that it is very unlikely that you will.

Good luck and I hope you get what you want.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice

Why not go back and apply on skills!
Old Oct 9th 2010, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

We've just come back to the UK after being unable to secure sponsorship at Wall and Floor Tiling. We covered all of Perth and down south almost to Albany.

Sorry not to paint a great picture for you but we spent 4 months looking into it before making the decision to move back to the UK.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 12:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

If you were desperate to move here why didn't you do it via the proper channels and apply for the correct visa? A tourist visa is for tourists, not to stay. And even if you get sponsored, you won't be here permanently as a 457 is a temporary visa.

Not sure what you mean by time wasters either. If you apply for a job you need to have the correct visa to be able to accept the job.

You are best to go home, do the skills assessment and apply for the correct visa so you can come here permanently. And yes, I realise this sounds like a rant, but we spent a lot of time and money doing things the right way and it pisses me off to no extent when people try to slip in through the back door. Take a read of the immigration section for what I mean.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

daisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nice

Are you of any professional capacity? Do you work for government Immigration WA? probably not! Not that its any of your concern but we have been trying to do this for 4 years and due to certain time wasting people we were unable to complete our application. We were strongly advised by a Government Immigration official to come here on a tourist visa and find a sponsor to then apply for a 457 visa whilst here on holiday, we have also spent a lot of money which unlike yourself will think that it is money well spent if we are successful in our application. Australian immigration change the goal posts quite frequently which they did the day after we arrived in Oz but not ones to be defeated we carried on searching. We are aware that the 457 is not permanent but also on the government officials recommendation we shall then apply for a permanent visa using my own skills, as i say it is none of your concern but i also am pissed off by people who rant about things when they dont know the full situation, you obviously are also a migrant but you sound like somebody who doesn't like other people to have the same opportunities!!
Old Oct 10th 2010, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

One more thing Dorothy, we have been advised that this is also as acceptable to do as was your way, it is certainly not seen as trying to slip in through the back door'!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2010, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Hi,

We've just come back to the UK after being unable to secure sponsorship at Wall and Floor Tiling. We covered all of Perth and down south almost to Albany.

Sorry not to paint a great picture for you but we spent 4 months looking into it before making the decision to move back to the UK.

Sorry to hear that, it must be really disappointing, its so frustrating when you really want something and are willing to do anything to get it, we will keep on trying but i really hope that we dont have to go back
Old Oct 10th 2010, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Daisymoo, if you want professional opinions only then don't post your questions on an open forum on the internet.

Coming over on a tourist visa is most definitely not the recommended, acceptable or the normal thing to do, it is highly risky and at worst you could have been turned away at the immigration desk with a three year ban from the country the day you landed in Australia. A tourist visa is for tourists.

As to Dorothy or anybody else on the thread sonding like they don't want anyone else to have a chance, this is unfounded and unfair. The comments are simply that that you should go through the proper channels, just like we all did. And the proper channels do not include moving over on a tourist visa with two children in tow.

You might be better off going back to the UK and putting together a proper strategy.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 5:49 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Are you of any professional capacity? Do you work for government Immigration WA? probably not! Not that its any of your concern but we have been trying to do this for 4 years and due to certain time wasting people we were unable to complete our application. We were strongly advised by a Government Immigration official to come here on a tourist visa and find a sponsor to then apply for a 457 visa whilst here on holiday, we have also spent a lot of money which unlike yourself will think that it is money well spent if we are successful in our application. Australian immigration change the goal posts quite frequently which they did the day after we arrived in Oz but not ones to be defeated we carried on searching. We are aware that the 457 is not permanent but also on the government officials recommendation we shall then apply for a permanent visa using my own skills, as i say it is none of your concern but i also am pissed off by people who rant about things when they dont know the full situation, you obviously are also a migrant but you sound like somebody who doesn't like other people to have the same opportunities!!
It is not up to Australian government officials to be giving immigration advice. They quite often get it wrong as it is not their job. If you want to know how to apply for a visa you should be speaking to a MARA registered migration agent who will be up to date with the laws surrounding immigration. The people you speak to at DIAC, either over the counter or on the phone are not.

As Bermudashorts says, if you don't want opinions you should perhaps not post your questions on an open internet forum. She was also correct that I am not adverse to others having the same opportunities we had. What I am opposed to is people who do not follow the legal way of doing things. Tourist visas are for tourists, not for families to move permanently to Australia on.

Almost forgot to ask, what did this friendly Australian Immigration official advise you to say on your landing card as your purpose of your trip? Did he or she advise you to tell the truth that you were migrating or lie and say you're here as tourists?

Last edited by Dorothy; Oct 10th 2010 at 5:55 am.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Think you're over reacting a tad there.
If you're in the situation you are now, no point in blaming people who are offering good advice.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

If somebody says that they sound like they are ranting then i dont consider it advice, The person i refer to is a government official whose job it is to recruit people like ourselves for regional areas which is why we are now sitting in WA, we would never seek the services of a migration agent as we ourselves can do everything that they will do for us minus the costs, we have friends that used agents and did not need to, we have done nothing wrong just taken advice from somebody who is employed by the government, this is not somebody who sits behind a desk at the immigration offices in perth city where you take a ticket. If we thought that this was wrong we would never have done it in the first place. Also we are over the age of skills assessments but we do have the skills needed so we will carry on regardless,
Old Oct 10th 2010, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I will just say i wish you luck.

I think you will have to be very lucky to get a 457 on your skills.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 6:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

If somebody says that they sound like they are ranting then i dont consider it advice, The person i refer to is a government official whose job it is to recruit people like ourselves for regional areas which is why we are now sitting in WA, we would never seek the services of a migration agent as we ourselves can do everything that they will do for us minus the costs, we have friends that used agents and did not need to, we have done nothing wrong just taken advice from somebody who is employed by the government, this is not somebody who sits behind a desk at the immigration offices in perth city where you take a ticket. If we thought that this was wrong we would never have done it in the first place. Also we are over the age of skills assessments but we do have the skills needed so we will carry on regardless,
A migration agent (a decent one anyway) would never have advised you to do what you have done. You would have been better off paying one for his opinion. If your circumstances are straightforward then an agent is unnecessary, but yours are not (hence the strategy you have taken). See an agent.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road

I say good on ya, try any avenue possible, because doing it the right way will only put you in a massive queue and a massive wiating time, and there are plenty of immigrants from other countries flouting the rules so why shouldn't someone from Blighty.

Good on you Daisymoo and I hope you get your 457 in time.

Unfortunately i'm not in that area otherwise I maybe would have been able to suggest some companies.

All the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.