Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Describe OZ fashion

Describe OZ fashion

Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:02 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Describe OZ fashion

When I arrived in the West Midlands, I thought I'd stepped back in time to the 80s. Shopping at M&S was the only way to avoid looking like a reject from a Bros concert.

I ended up buying clothes from Australia online, and having them sent over.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all
Default Re: Describe OZ fashion

Canberran's dress pretty normal apart from the odd PJ wearing person in Woolies on a weeknight. I think Aussies actually dress pretty sensible considering the conditions (3/4 leg shorts/thongs/even the akubra) especially compared to the scantilly clad females in freezing conditions on a night out in my old city back in UK....again maybe just Canberra

What I cannot refrain from mocking is the odd young guy I keep seeing in the plaza wearing denim shorts...or worse cut down jeans with the white straggly bits
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
When I arrived in the West Midlands, I thought I'd stepped back in time to the 80s. Shopping at M&S was the only way to avoid looking like a reject from a Bros concert.

I ended up buying clothes from Australia online, and having them sent over.
The West Midlands.. we also noticed that it was different to other parts of the country....fascinating the way it turns up from time to time..
Old Aug 9th 2010, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Sammix will become famous soon enough

Oz Fashion

We don't exactly follow trend over here. From a girls perspective light colours are in, which was fashion in the uk last summer 2009. I think they need to get with it and bring us some colourful, good quality, fashion at the right price.

I'm fed up either lookig like a beach bum!

Roll on Zara getting here...i can see Country Road and other quaking in their boots.

Brum Lass
Old Aug 9th 2010, 4:29 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Think you got the thread title wrong. Surely it should read, "Let's all take the piss out of Oz fashion despite the fact that we have the fashion sense of a cucumber"

So something in green then?
Old Aug 9th 2010, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Sammix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
So something in green then?
You mean a cucumber with trainers on lol
Old Aug 9th 2010, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

At best I wouold describe australian fashion as "naive":

and byt the way... people like me with Thankles can't wear anything that doesn't cover them...

a burqa might be better?
Old Aug 9th 2010, 5:51 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
At best I wouold describe australian fashion as "naive":

and byt the way... people like me with Thankles can't wear anything that doesn't cover them...

a burqa might be better?
I'm hoping that kaftans make a major comeback.

Again.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 5:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I'm hoping that kaftans make a major comeback.

Again.
Maxi dresses are still in fashion for a reason
Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

[
Roll on Zara getting here...i can see Country Road and other quaking in their boots.

Brum Lass[/QUOTE]

The main problem is that the clothes from Zara don't fit anyone but 6ft stick insects !

I am 5 ft 6" and a size 8 and have to try on large - which I refuse to buy !
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Think you got the thread title wrong. Surely it should read, "Let's all take the piss out of Oz fashion despite the fact that we have the fashion sense of a cucumber"

I can only aspire to the fashion sense of a cucumber.

But that's one of the nice things about here, aussies really don't give
a stuff about what they and others are wearing.

I remember finishing work at 3 in the morning when I first got here, I had to walk past a local night club on my way to the car. Looking like a clip as usual in in hoody, baggy shorts and trainers, complete with black socks, I was expecting at least some piss taking from the young and trendies, but no, not a word was said
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:26 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Maxi dresses are still in fashion for a reason
After experiencing a NSW Winter, I shall be showcasing the DoubleSnuggly next year. Never mind having a gaping hole up yer backend (oh er), wear a maroon one the 'right' way and a blue one back to front.

Not only will one stay doubly warm and snuggly, but it has the added advantage of covering all your bases for the next State of Origin.

And any similarities to a Michelin Man can be explained away by your outfit.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:38 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
In a word ... "Unpretentious".
thats a nice way of saying they dress like shit

come on these guys don't care to much about the name as long as it's comfy and fits and to be honest i enjoy that part of australia.
everything in blighty had to have a name on it even down to my 6 year olds boots being rockport.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
In Melbourne it seems there is a time and place for it. And not. Suits me down to the ground.

Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:46 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy

come on these guys don't care to much about the name as long as it's comfy and fits and to be honest i enjoy that part of australia.
everything in blighty had to have a name on it even down to my 6 year olds boots being rockport.
Depends how you judge shit, I guess

Comfy and casual good by me too

I draw the line at crappy t-shirts that have that long/short sleeve thing going and a naff screen-printed logo at some odd angle. There ARE limits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.