Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Derby/Nottingham meet

Derby/Nottingham meet

Old Mar 30th 2005, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Derby/Nottingham meet

Originally Posted by haggisUK
April11 PM'd me so I've got them on the list as well now, thanks for letting me know anyway.

Still loads going.

Mairi
Hi

we are new to the forum and would like to come to the get together in Ripley. There are just the 2 of us no kids yet. Please add us to the list.

Thanks
Bubbles
Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:35 pm
C

NEILL & SHARON MILLS is on a distinguished road

Hi,
We are new kids on the block, and are looking to emigrate to southern Australia, could we still come to the Nottingham meet, we are based near Worksop,(sheffield area) and would love to meet anyone emigrating to this area.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 12:39 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Bump.
Only one week to go.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

haggisUK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Bump.
Only one week to go.
Should we be getting worried about next Sunday !!

Mairi
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Neill + Sharon (any kids?), Bubbles and Dreamaway - I've added you to the list. Will check with the pub again, I'll post something in the next couple of nights just to confirm that they're OK with so many people but I'm sure it will be fine.

Should be a good afternoon!

Mairi
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:33 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Neill + Sharon (any kids?), Bubbles and Dreamaway - I've added you to the list. Will check with the pub again, I'll post something in the next couple of nights just to confirm that they're OK with so many people but I'm sure it will be fine.

Mairi
Went past the pub today on way to Matlock..... can't wait for next week!!
See you all soon!!
Sally
Old Apr 4th 2005, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Just bumping to front. didn't get chance to go to pub today so will defo go tomorrow. will let you all know if problem (and if not!).
Old Apr 4th 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Just out of curiosity whats the usual format of these events then? apart from the obvious drinking, talking, eating (whilst keeping an eye on the kiddie winkles out of the corner of your eye).
Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:59 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
Just out of curiosity whats the usual format of these events then? apart from the obvious drinking, talking, eating (whilst keeping an eye on the kiddie winkles out of the corner of your eye).
I'm guessing it's gonna be just like you said. I've never actually been to one before. Has any of us?
Marie
Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:05 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT

We can't make it guys! We were all set to some on Sunday & then the bloody exhaust on the car fell off

With it being a 4x4 it is going to cost quite a bit....... hadn't budgetted so unfortunatly Sunday is a no-go for us...

Have a fantastic time guys!
Old Apr 5th 2005, 6:13 pm
C

NEILL & SHARON MILLS is on a distinguished road

Mairi
Hi haggisUK
Yes got two children one is 17 though so I dont think he will enjoy the play area, other one 8 years so yes she will be coming with us, just need to find directions now. Could you also please let us know times, a good excuse to have a bevy in the afternoon. Look forward to it
Old Apr 5th 2005, 6:17 pm
GC family day carer

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT

We can't make it guys! We were all set to some on Sunday & then the bloody exhaust on the car fell off

With it being a 4x4 it is going to cost quite a bit....... hadn't budgetted so unfortunatly Sunday is a no-go for us...

Sorry you can't make it, maybe next time eh?

Sent you some K.

Marie
Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT

Really sorry you can't make it on Sunday, was looking forward to meeting you. Next time!?

Mairi
Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone. Definately going to the pub tomorrow but don't think numbers will be a problem but like I've said before... please, please turn up at twelve or as close to twelve as possible so that I can ask them for an area just for us.

Venue is:

Name: Butterley Park Ripley
Address: Nottingham Rd, Ripley, Nr Derby
Postcode: DE5 3QP
Telephone: 01773 512334

Directions: Situated on the A610 Belper to Nottingham trunk road - half a mile south east of the junction with the A38. Brewsters is on the right next to Sainsburys.

Dead easy to find. If coming off M1 Junction 26, take A610 and follow signs to Ripley. When you get to a traffic lighted T-junction at Codnor turn right and follow this road into Ripley until you get to the roundabout with Sainsbury's in front of you. Turn right, next roundabout turn left and next roundabout turn left and Brewsters in on your right opposite MacDonalds.

If coming off the A38 between Derby and M1 Junction 28, take the Ripley slip road off the A38. Then take the exit off the roundabout signposted M1 South/Nottingham/Heanor. When you get to the first roundabout, turn right and Brewsters is on the right hand side.

Hope these are OK. If anyone else can't make it please let me know so that I can let the pub know.

Just to let you know, I've never been to a meet either so by the looks of it, we're all newbies to the meet thing!

See you all Sunday.
Mairi
Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:22 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Hi everyone. Definately going to the pub tomorrow but don't think numbers will be a problem but like I've said before... please, please turn up at twelve or as close to twelve as possible so that I can ask them for an area just for us.

Venue is:

Name: Butterley Park Ripley
Address: Nottingham Rd, Ripley, Nr Derby
Postcode: DE5 3QP
Telephone: 01773 512334

Directions: Situated on the A610 Belper to Nottingham trunk road - half a mile south east of the junction with the A38. Brewsters is on the right next to Sainsburys.

Dead easy to find. If coming off M1 Junction 26, take A610 and follow signs to Ripley. When you get to a traffic lighted T-junction at Codnor turn right and follow this road into Ripley until you get to the roundabout with Sainsbury's in front of you. Turn right, next roundabout turn left and next roundabout turn left and Brewsters in on your right opposite MacDonalds.

If coming off the A38 between Derby and M1 Junction 28, take the Ripley slip road off the A38. Then take the exit off the roundabout signposted M1 South/Nottingham/Heanor. When you get to the first roundabout, turn right and Brewsters is on the right hand side.

Hope these are OK. If anyone else can't make it please let me know so that I can let the pub know.

Just to let you know, I've never been to a meet either so by the looks of it, we're all newbies to the meet thing!

See you all Sunday.
Mairi

Can't wait really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Michelle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.