Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Derby/Nottingham meet

Derby/Nottingham meet

Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

jon f is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Derby/Nottingham meet

hi is it alright if my wife and i and two kids join you at ripley we are looking to move to melbourne
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

haggisUK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Derby/Nottingham meet

That's fine...

I doubt it will be a problem but I'll speak to the pub about how many people they can cope with - the total to date is now 30 adults and 25 kids!! I'll post a message tomorrow night and let you all know what they say.

If not, we might have to find an alternative venue - if anyone's got any ideas for a bigger venue but suitable for kids please let me know? I can't think of anywhere bigger than Brewsters around Ripley but with stuff for kids...

Is anyone planning a move to Brisbane/Sunshine Coast later this year or beginning of next year?

Mairi

PS Bloofox - are you coming along...? How many are coming with you?
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by haggisUK
That's fine...

I doubt it will be a problem but I'll speak to the pub about how many people they can cope with - the total to date is now 30 adults and 25 kids!! I'll post a message tomorrow night and let you all know what they say.

If not, we might have to find an alternative venue - if anyone's got any ideas for a bigger venue but suitable for kids please let me know? I can't think of anywhere bigger than Brewsters around Ripley but with stuff for kids...

Is anyone planning a move to Brisbane/Sunshine Coast later this year or beginning of next year?

Mairi

Flippin 'eck at this rate we will fill Ripley let alone the pub!! I am pretty sure that the pub will be big enough and as long as we all meet at 12 outside it will be 'no worries' (see practicing already) we can just take over the place and claim it in the name of BritishExpats.com...mmm...maybe we need a flag.

Hopefully it will be a nice day and I can come on my bike...any other bikers likely to be going? so I can bore people to death about bikes as well as Oz :-)
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:27 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

That's fine...

Mairi

Hi Mairi, we're heading that way hopefully in August. Gonna settle on Sunshine Coast, got relatives in Mooloolah (just outside Mooloolahbah) so somewhere near there.
Marie
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:26 pm
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Hi
We're heading out to Brisbane 12th June and can't wait! Anyone else travelling around that time?
Looking forward to meeting everyone
Jamie and Joe
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:30 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi HaggisUK,
Is there any chance you could post the list of people that's going so everyone can check they're on it just incase someones missed off so they can let you know.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

We're thinking of moving to Cleveland (easy cat boat across to Straddie!). we're going February next year - got to get some money together! Still to research house prices and jobs though! Anyone know prospects for a Health and Safety person or IT person? Where abouts is everyone else going?
:-)
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

That last message was actually from me (Haggis), didn't realise I was logged in as the other half!

Right folks, been to pub and they don't seem to think that 30 adults and 25 kids are a problem, again as long as everyone turns up as close to 12 as poss... so please....?

The list of people I have coming are....

Redlion
68Mevy
J&J
gasmark
stressedout
chrismason
jonahsmum
salsa
fozzie
shelley29
travis
sel
jon f
possibly bloofox
flibbleuk & myself

& lot of kids!!!! (from a couple who don't have any.... yet!) Oh, and a bump.

I think I've got everyone but if I've forgotten anyone, please PM me. Should be a good afternoon
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:25 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jon f
hi is it alright if my wife and i and two kids join you at ripley we are looking to move to melbourne
where are you now and where in Melbourne do you plan to move to?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:32 am
Just Joined

axl rose is on a distinguished road

That last message was actually from me (Haggis), didn't realise I was logged in as the other half!

Right folks, been to pub and they don't seem to think that 30 adults and 25 kids are a problem, again as long as everyone turns up as close to 12 as poss... so please....?

The list of people I have coming are....

Redlion
68Mevy
J&J
gasmark
stressedout
chrismason
jonahsmum
salsa
fozzie
shelley29
travis
sel
jon f
possibly bloofox
flibbleuk & myself

& lot of kids!!!! (from a couple who don't have any.... yet!) Oh, and a bump.

I think I've got everyone but if I've forgotten anyone, please PM me. Should be a good afternoon

68mevy has just informed us of this event.

We would love to attend as we are going out last week in May, first week in June.

Just me and my husband, no children.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Francinecrump is on a distinguished road

I've noticed quite a few messages about meeting up in the Midlands area. We're going to a meet at Birmingham but does anyone fancy a meet in the Nottingham/Derby area?

(Particularly anyone planning on moving to Brisbane!!)

Hi, only just seen your thread, any chance three more can join the party? - Dale, Francine and Luke heading to Brisbane, mid July - hopefully! from Mansfield, Notts. Meet sounds great.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,

Axl rose - have replied to your Private Message but coming on the 10th April is fine and I've given directions on the PM.

Also fine, francinecrump (Dale, Francine and Luke). Where abouts in Brisbane are you planning on going to?

Can't wait to meet everyone!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:54 pm
GC family day carer

Hi HaggisUK,
Just incase you haven't seen it there's someone called April11 interested in coming, she's seen it in the other forum.
Marie
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi HaggisUK,
Just incase you haven't seen it there's someone called April11 interested in coming, she's seen it in the other forum.
Marie
April11 PM'd me so I've got them on the list as well now, thanks for letting me know anyway.

Still loads going.

Mairi
Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Francinecrump is on a distinguished road

We are heading to Brisbane - not sure yet whereabouts, firstly thought Northern suberbs, then Southern, now thinking Sunshine Coast - ooooh so much choice, surprising we managed to make our minds up to emigrate at all!

Where and when are you heading out?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Dale, Francine and Luke Hardy

(ps, I managed to ditch the awful surname last November - still need to get around to changing on here - must do it, or forever be scarred! :scared: )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.