Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Derby Lass heading for Brisbane.....

Derby Lass heading for Brisbane.....

Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

devilishdean will become famous soon enoughdevilishdean will become famous soon enough
Default Derby Lass heading for Brisbane.....

Hi there, devilishdeans better half here

We are due to leave Derby first week in May, heading out to Brisbane area. Are there any other lasses in the Derby area on the same adventure??? Be nice to have someone to chat to........

btw, I'm not old
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:18 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Derby Lass heading for Brisbane.....

Where you from in Derby.
Originally Posted by devilishdean

We are due to leave Derby first week in May, heading out to Brisbane area. Are there any other lasses in the Derby area on the same adventure??? Be nice to have someone to chat to........

btw, I'm not old
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

btw, I'm not old
Forgot to say.Bubbles(aka Tracy) lives in Brisbane.She comes from Derby - can't remember where - maybe you could pm her.She and her hubby are lovely.They've been there 6 months now.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

devilishdean will become famous soon enoughdevilishdean will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nick11
Forgot to say.Bubbles(aka Tracy) lives in Brisbane.She comes from Derby - can't remember where - maybe you could pm her.She and her hubby are lovely.They've been there 6 months now.

Thanks I'll contact her
Old Mar 31st 2007, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by themerlin
Where you from in Derby.

Spondon, do you know Derby then?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

samlee31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Southern lass new to this, moving to brissy (for the third time! third time lucky!!) single mum, my parents live Bribie Island so be staying with them for while, would love to meet up and make some new friends.
Sam
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by samlee31
Hi,

Southern lass new to this, moving to brissy (for the third time! third time lucky!!) single mum, my parents live Bribie Island so be staying with them for while, would love to meet up and make some new friends.
Sam
Hi Sam,
What happened the first 2 times???? 3rd time lucky
How long ave your parents lived in Aus?
When do you plan to fly back out? Where are you living at the mo? (aren't I nosy!

Jayne
Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:22 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from littleover

Spondon, do you know Derby then?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:40 am
Just Joined

samlee31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sam,
What happened the first 2 times???? 3rd time lucky
How long ave your parents lived in Aus?
When do you plan to fly back out? Where are you living at the mo? (aren't I nosy!

Jayne
Hi Jayne,

Thanks for message, first two time were a bit of shmables i did the whole thing all wrong, this time though hopefully it will be different!, parents have been in Aus for nearly 4 yrs, they on retirement visa so they are not permenant unfortunately!!
I hope to fly out at the end of May, depending on how organised i am!! Am in West Sussex at the mo, what about you?

Where are you in UK or are you in Aus already? Do you know of any groups in the north BRisbane area, i will be stying on Bribie Island.

Sam
Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sam,

I live in Derby but house sold and due to complete mid April. We aim to fly first week in May! Don't know of any groups in North Brisbane yet but will let you know If I come accross any.

Jayne
Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by themerlin
I'm from littleover
My husband is from Mickleover. where in Brisbane do you live?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Hi, me and my family are from Duffield, but we are in Sydney, not Brissy, which is a shame cause its nice to walk down memory lane about back home sometimes!!!!!!!!!

Molly x
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:39 am

On the Northside.

My husband is from Mickleover. where in Brisbane do you live?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mollymoo
Hi, me and my family are from Duffield, but we are in Sydney, not Brissy, which is a shame cause its nice to walk down memory lane about back home sometimes!!!!!!!!!

Molly x

Hi Molly, How long have you been in Aus and have you always been in Sydney? Any Tips for me? We can still take that walk but it will be a virtual one I'm from Spondon. Jayne x
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:18 am
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=430819&page=5

You might want to check the above out, there is a new meet up on 29th April.

We are from Heanor and have been out here a month.

Mel & Steve