Dentist Bills

Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:11 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Dentist Bills

I've just been reading an old thread at http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=dentist and some UK prices were quoted:
£38 for a checkup ($ 89)
£800 for two crowns ($1,880)

and another
£18 for a check up (= $42)
£45 for a filling (= $106)

Maybe it varies as much as it does here ?

From what I read, for Adults, it doesn't seem overly different, but very few children get full dental care for free in Australia.

Many schools do Free basic dental check ups and treatment, with annual dental visits.

Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by glennandkate
Thanks for all your replies.

K, He needs 8 fillings and he was half way through route canal treatment about 5 years ago, they got as far as drilling out the root and putting a temporary whatever on the tooth (sorry don't know dentist talk), so he need the permanent whatever put on. I don't think this will help you get a price - maybe just ask for the white fillings
Thanks for you help
Katie
Hi

just got off the phone, a white filling can cost (depending on how deep) from $120 - $230 - per tooth, the receptionist is actually English, so I told her why I was asking and she said its cheaper to have it done in England.

HTH

K
Old Jan 20th 2006, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

Unless it is an emergency, any treatment that costs over $1000 I simply won't get done in Australia instead Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 7:20 am
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you all for your comments. I think I will get him to book an appointment here and get us all in before we depart, just in case