Dentist Bills

Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:45 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light
Default Dentist Bills

Hi All,
This may seem a really daft question, but I can find out easliy over the net how much it costs for a pint of milk or a loaf of bread in Oz but not dentistry work. How does the price compare to the UK? My hubby is just about to spend £300 on his mouth but I was going to suggest he put it off 6 months til we get to Oz if its cheaper out there ( and save us spending £300 when we could do with it right now for medicals...).
And no I'm not being heartless. He isn't in pain (much ).
Your input would be appreciated.
Ta
Katie
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:15 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dentist Bills

Originally Posted by glennandkate
Hi All,
This may seem a really daft question, but I can find out easliy over the net how much it costs for a pint of milk or a loaf of bread in Oz but not dentistry work. How does the price compare to the UK? My hubby is just about to spend £300 on his mouth but I was going to suggest he put it off 6 months til we get to Oz if its cheaper out there ( and save us spending £300 when we could do with it right now for medicals...).
Ta
Katie
can`t remember who told me but spend the cash in the uk, its more expensive in oz,

case in point i am having 350`s worth of work done over the next 2 weeks and i also saw friend who is going 3 feb to brisbane who was in the chair for an hour today,

so go for it

steve
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Hi All,
Ta
Katie
Hi

Tell us what he is having done, and I will call my dentist to find out how much that would cost here. Would that help??

K
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

seems to be common practice here, you think you need a filling and they tell you the tooth needs a route canal, three visits, total cost around $900.
they will do a temporary repair for about $150. my hubby had one about two years ago and not needed to return, and he is not the only person i know who has!
there is dentistry insurance available but check carefully what it covers.
dentists must be very rich me thinks!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:18 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kimi
Hi

Tell us what he is having done, and I will call my dentist to find out how much that would cost here. Would that help??

K
Thanks for all your replies.

K, He needs 8 fillings and he was half way through route canal treatment about 5 years ago, they got as far as drilling out the root and putting a temporary whatever on the tooth (sorry don't know dentist talk), so he need the permanent whatever put on. I don't think this will help you get a price - maybe just ask for the white fillings
Thanks for you help
Katie
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:34 pm
ABCDiamond

I went last week:

1st Visit
$35 Comprehensive Oral Exam
$28 Xray
$28 Xray (2nd tooth)
$64 Cleaning (very comprehensive, took 20 minutes)
$16 Flouride Application

2nd Visit
$172 for a 45 minute filling, Adh Rest - 5 Surfs - Post too (if that makes any sense )
It was a complex filling, including a new veneer surface being put on the outside of the tooth.

I'll see if I can dig out some older bills. My daughter had an extraction once, and that cost $100.

Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

K, He needs 8 fillings and he was half way through route canal treatment about 5 years ago, they got as far as drilling out the root and putting a temporary whatever on the tooth (sorry don't know dentist talk), so he need the permanent whatever put on. I don't think this will help you get a price - maybe just ask for the white fillings
Thanks for you help
Katie

Hi

will call them later, its only 6.45am here at the mo, will put it on this post so others can get an example it thats ok with you

K
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:44 pm
ABCDiamond

Another post I did a year ago
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a quote from a Central Brisbane dental practice for my daughter:
Visit One
Sedation $62
Tooth Removal $94
Diagnostic Model $44
Paediatric Crown $154
Pulpotomy-nerve Cap $82

Visit Two
Space maintainer fixed $278

Visit Three
Sedation $62
Paediatric Crown $154
Pulpotomy-nerve Cap $82

Total $1,012 basically for two Crowns and a space maintainer.

The cost for that consultation/quote was $128

We had a second opinion done at a local Paediatric dentist and the cost was $35 without the Xray. !!

Individual X-rays done at the dentists cost us $35 each.
But the full face ones, are done at the local X-Ray place and are bulk billed, so no cost to us. Not sure if everywhere gets that though.

6 month check ups cost $30. Cleaning costs $70 !! (doing it myself now )

One filling and one tooth removal cost $110. (2 weeks ago on 8 year old child)
One tooth removal in Sydney $100 (4 years ago on 4 year old child)
Something tells me prices vary

I had two root canals done in about 1990 for about $2,000 in Sydney.

Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:54 pm
yeah but no but

Hi

will call them later, its only 6.45am here at the mo, will put it on this post so others can get an example it thats ok with you

K
What are you doing online so early in the morning???.
That will be great if you can post here.
Ta
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:01 pm
yeah but no but

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Another post I did a year ago
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a quote from a Central Brisbane dental practice for my daughter:
Visit One
Sedation $62
Tooth Removal $94
Diagnostic Model $44
Paediatric Crown $154
Pulpotomy-nerve Cap $82

Visit Two
Space maintainer fixed $278

Visit Three
Sedation $62
Paediatric Crown $154
Pulpotomy-nerve Cap $82

Total $1,012 basically for two Crowns and a space maintainer.

The cost for that consultation/quote was $128

We had a second opinion done at a local Paediatric dentist and the cost was $35 without the Xray. !!

Individual X-rays done at the dentists cost us $35 each.
But the full face ones, are done at the local X-Ray place and are bulk billed, so no cost to us. Not sure if everywhere gets that though.

6 month check ups cost $30. Cleaning costs $70 !! (doing it myself now )

One filling and one tooth removal cost $110. (2 weeks ago on 8 year old child)
One tooth removal in Sydney $100 (4 years ago on 4 year old child)
Something tells me prices vary

I had two root canals done in about 1990 for about $2,000 in Sydney.
That is an extortionate amount to charge for children. I suppose the freebies that the kids get over here is one thing we should be greatful for (theres not much else, hence why we are moving to the other side of the world!)
Its the little things like this you don't realise before you make the leap. I think most of us wannabe migrants presume everything is so much cheaper.
Atleast these forums dispell myths...
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

What are you doing online so early in the morning???.
That will be great if you can post here.
Ta
Hi

I have 2 children (3 and 5yrs) who think its wake up time 4.30-5.00am!!!!!

When is it that they start to sleep in?

K
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:06 pm
yeah but no but

Hi

I have 2 children (3 and 5yrs) who think its wake up time 4.30-5.00am!!!!!

When is it that they start to sleep in?

K
Mine have only started the past 2 years and they are 12 and 14, so you have a way to go... Mind you its easier here as it doesn't get light til 8am
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mine have only started the past 2 years and they are 12 and 14, so you have a way to go... Mind you its easier here as it doesn't get light til 8am
Hi

forgot about it being dark when you went to work and dark when you came home in the UK.

K
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:17 pm
yeah but no but

Hi

forgot about it being dark when you went to work and dark when you came home in the UK.

K
yeh, its really good fun living in the dark
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:47 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

You can probably budget $100-150 per filling (not white) here in Oz so 8 will set him back $800 - $1200 (maybe more for white).

I would suggest getting them done in the UK.

Thanks for you help
Katie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.