Dental charges

Old Sep 9th 2007, 7:00 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dental charges

Originally Posted by johull
Hi Ali

Why- is it alot cheaper in Singapore??
My friend has booked some major dental treatment in Thailand for about 6 weeks time. What would cost about $17k in Oz is costin around $5 in Thailand. She's having a holiday out of it - just did loads of research on the net.

Last time we went to Thailand we got talking to a man in the queue at check in. he was going to "have his choppers done". His teeth were so bad we could hardly understand him. He was on the same flight as us on the way back. He looked great - straight out of the Bee Gees.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 7:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've just had a quote for my daughter to have her lower jaw broken and set back. If she were to have it done now it would be approximately $5,000. They don't want to do it for at least three years and she doesn't want to have it done at all so it's a wait and see. But if that is $5,000, then a child to have a tooth out under general would probably be around the $2,000 I would think.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I've just had a quote for my daughter to have her lower jaw broken and set back. If she were to have it done now it would be approximately $5,000. They don't want to do it for at least three years and she doesn't want to have it done at all so it's a wait and see. But if that is $5,000, then a child to have a tooth out under general would probably be around the $2,000 I would think.

oooo moneypen!! ouch for your daughter!!! S-j xx
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
oooo moneypen!! ouch for your daughter!!! S-j xx
Thanks She was very stressed to hear the results but we've said it's totally up to her. If she doesn't want it done then it's not going to happen. She would be 18 when it's "supposed" to happen. We're forgetting about it until it happens.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by quercus
Personally. I would take a lot of convincing to do anything but let nature take its course. That's an awful lot of intervention to speed up something that will happen when it's ready.
My brother had the same problem when his second lot of teeth came through they were fine. I am no dentist but I would wait if there is no pain, good luck
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Thumbs down Re: Dental charges

Hi
I have a tooth that is broken at the back and it will need to come out,it cant be saved so i thought they would pull it out but no they want to do an xray on it and that is going to cost about $200 JUST for the xray
Old Sep 11th 2007, 5:06 am
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi
I have a tooth that is broken at the back and it will need to come out,it cant be saved so i thought they would pull it out but no they want to do an xray on it and that is going to cost about $200 JUST for the xray
What dentist do you use, hope its not the one in Halls Head, I was about to register there! but at those prices I may just take myself home and get the lot pulled out and get some gnasrers!!! and the rest of the family come to that!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:10 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
So expensive too. Not been to the dentist since i have been here, can't afford to.
I can't afford not to go. My health insurance (MBF) only pays out a reasonable amount if I have the check-ups. Without the checkup, it reverts to just $200 for dental work which gets you no where.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:18 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by harrip
I can't afford not to go. My health insurance (MBF) only pays out a reasonable amount if I have the check-ups. Without the checkup, it reverts to just $200 for dental work which gets you no where.
The health insurance is not stupid then. They make sure you pay for what you get, therefore it is still expensive nevertheless.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:20 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Why does she have to have her jaw broken? Is it because her lower teeth are infront of her top teeth?
My son is like that and was quoted $5000 for a brace to try and correct this.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Why does she have to have her jaw broken? Is it because her lower teeth are infront of her top teeth?
My son is like that and was quoted $5000 for a brace to try and correct this.
Sort of.
Her bottom jaw is a fair bit bigger than the top and she's going to have to have a brace on the top teeth because they're not growing as they should. She also has two baby teeth still either side at the top and there are no adult teeth at all there so they need her to hang on to the baby teeth for as long as possible and then will put wires in to stop the back teeth moving forward. The top teeth brace is going to be about $5,000 but a brace will not sort out the lower jaw. If it doesn't grow a great deal more in the next three years she won't have it done, if it does grow she "could" end up looking very jaw heavy and apart from not looking pretty, it will also create chewing problems and therefore eating problems. She's skinny enough, doesn't need to have problems getting food inside as well

She was the baby and child that all my friends wanted because she was so good. I always said she would cause me major headaches when she was a teen but these weren't the sort of problems I was thinking about - thankfully - I think
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by soonbethere
What dentist do you use, hope its not the one in Halls Head, I was about to register there! but at those prices I may just take myself home and get the lot pulled out and get some gnasrers!!! and the rest of the family come to that!
The one i went to was in Falcon but they do have one in Halls Head.What one do you use?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Sort of.
Her bottom jaw is a fair bit bigger than the top and she's going to have to have a brace on the top teeth because they're not growing as they should. She also has two baby teeth still either side at the top and there are no adult teeth at all there so they need her to hang on to the baby teeth for as long as possible and then will put wires in to stop the back teeth moving forward. The top teeth brace is going to be about $5,000 but a brace will not sort out the lower jaw. If it doesn't grow a great deal more in the next three years she won't have it done, if it does grow she "could" end up looking very jaw heavy and apart from not looking pretty, it will also create chewing problems and therefore eating problems. She's skinny enough, doesn't need to have problems getting food inside as well

She was the baby and child that all my friends wanted because she was so good. I always said she would cause me major headaches when she was a teen but these weren't the sort of problems I was thinking about - thankfully - I think
With any luck it will all even out over the next few years and she won't need it. I've had plenty of dental problems with my teens, AND the usual rebellious strops with one of them.

Sending karma for your daughter!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sammyg
Braces cost around $4000 -$5000
Thats really cheap, we've just been told braces for our son will range from $6500 - $8000 and his are fairly straight forward apparently!!! I nearly died when they told me, glad our elder son had his done in the UK! One of those expenses we forgot to plan for, one of many!!! Who wants a holiday or get to see rest of Oz anyway!!!!!!!! I do!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hell, this dentist lark sounds a nightmare.

Ive got a phobia to the dentist, yes really. I need sedation for a filling!
Sedation is great for those who like me are petrified.

My dentist in England was sceptical I was phoabic until he started the first check up. Then said yes, you do need the sedation!lol

Anyway, with the cost your mentioning. Im dreading to think what they charge for sedation! Anyone have any ideas?

Luckily my teeth are ok, as had fillings done in England.

Other thing is my son has rare condition, so has problems with anaesthetics. Only young and never had more than a check up. In the UK the dentist said he would need a dental hospital, do they have these in WA?

Gems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.