Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Delaying validation - is it do-able

Delaying validation - is it do-able

Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice
Default Delaying validation - is it do-able

Is this possible ? Has anyone done it ?

Expecting our first entry date to be in April but I'm contracted in the UK 'til Summer. aarrgghh

Any help would be appreciated ? Thank You.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delaying validation - is it do-able

Originally Posted by martynm

Expecting our first entry date to be in April but I'm contracted in the UK 'til Summer. aarrgghh

You have to validate before the first entry date, or you lose your visa. Sorry
Old Dec 28th 2006, 5:47 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
You have to validate before the first entry date, or you lose your visa. Sorry
Under normal circumstances I think it will be a no - the inital entry date cannot be changed. However if mitigating circumstances dont allow you in ie, a family death, and something out of your control you could ask DMIA for appeal which is a nightmare of a process. Even if you are contracted in the uk you could spend 800 quid fly friday afternoon and be back late sunday and just literally touch the ground!
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark213
Under normal circumstances I think it will be a no - the inital entry date cannot be changed. However if mitigating circumstances dont allow you in ie, a family death, and something out of your control you could ask DMIA for appeal which is a nightmare of a process. Even if you are contracted in the uk you could spend 800 quid fly friday afternoon and be back late sunday and just literally touch the ground!

Aye, I don't think having to work comes under mitigating circumstances

Martyn, See this that JAJ wrote

- 'First entry date' cannot be changed after your visa is granted. If there is a problem meeting this date after visa has been granted, you must seek urgent professional advice to liaise with DIMIA so they do not cancel your visas. Only in exceptional circumstances will you be able to keep your visa if you do not respect the 'first entry date'.

source
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Should have been more explicit in by first thread.....sorry.

I haven't got my visa yet, do yout hink they'd be receptive to delaying our first entry date for a lilttle while, if we agreed to do our police checks again ?

We frontloaded..................doh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Should have been more explicit in by first thread.....sorry.

I haven't got my visa yet, do yout hink they'd be receptive to delaying our first entry date for a lilttle while, if we agreed to do our police checks again ?

We frontloaded..................doh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you done your meds yet?
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, bit confused. If you haven't yet got your visas aren't you being a tad premature?
Old Dec 29th 2006, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

yep, done our meds, but not until June 06, police checks done in April
Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:22 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

yep, done our meds, but not until June 06, police checks done in April
Why did you do medicals and police checks so early?

If you re-do police checks they might extend the deadline until June 07. You'd have to contact your case officer before visa is granted.

Look, if you say you are "contracted until summer" why on earth do you want to have a first entry date that leaves you with hardly any time to get to Australia? Lots of things can happen to delay your trip at the last minute and people have lost their permanent visas by trying to delay validation until the last minute.

Why not validate and then move at your leisure a few months later?
Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Why not just go over to validate and then come back again? Make the big move when you're ready?
Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

hmmnn...........yes that's what I'm trying to do ???????

I didn't expect to be working past March time but have been asked to extend my contract.

I don't know when we'll be making the move permanently, just want to delay the first entry date until after I've finished the contract.

Thanks for everyone's help
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

RubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really niceRubyPearl is just really nice

I know you've probably had the answer you need but for the purposes of absolute clarity.............NO...You can't extend validation.

I originally got skilled migrant visa in Feb 1999. My father died in Feb 1999.

I knew that I'd be in the UK for a good few years to support my mother and so asked for a validation extension. ABSOLUTE NO-GO. I offered to provide any evidence necessary to 'prove' that I had a good case for extension of validation but they were not interested.

After almost 8 years of supportng my mother I've recently had a spouse visa issued and our house goes on the market next week.......

If you get yout visa granted, take a short holiday (long weekend!) to validate. Otherwise you don't know how long it'll take to go through the loop againi.