Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Delay in processing meds....

Delay in processing meds....

Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough
Default Delay in processing meds....

Hi All,

Just had email today saying there is a 6 to 8 week delay in processing meds at Sydney.

Ours got there end June (were signed for etc) so they don't want them re-sending.

Question is, is there really that long a delay or are they giving worse case scenario so we will be pleased when it is only 4 weeks?

Anybody got their visas recently even with this delay?

Cathy
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:17 am
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delay in processing meds....

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow
Hi All,

Just had email today saying there is a 6 to 8 week delay in processing meds at Sydney.

Ours got there end June (were signed for etc) so they don't want them re-sending.

Question is, is there really that long a delay or are they giving worse case scenario so we will be pleased when it is only 4 weeks?

Cathy
i believe its a fairly accurate delay, our meds have been at lcu for 4 weeks now, and havent heard anything, we have a c/o assigned aswell, just waiting for lcu to clear everything hopefully
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Cathy
Here's more about the delays
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469473
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by maverik1979
i believe its a fairly accurate delay, our meds have been at lcu for 4 weeks now, and havent heard anything, we have a c/o assigned aswell, just waiting for lcu to clear everything hopefully
Our meds have been there since end June....

So that is pretty much 8 weeks already....

but only had email today....

Cathy
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:17 am
done and dusted

Our meds have been there since end June....

So that is pretty much 8 weeks already....

but only had email today....

Cathy
who sent you the email, lcu?, a c/o, or an agent?, just curious as am not using an agent and am under the impression, that no news is good news in a way
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maverik1979
who sent you the email, lcu?, a c/o, or an agent?, just curious as am not using an agent and am under the impression, that no news is good news in a way
Yer tis... tho' I do have a case officer.... not sure who exactly it has come from? Our case officer asked for meds on 14th August which did worry me a bit as meds were recieved so long before... I had scanned and sent PCCs too but they didn't say anything about those so I guess that is good?? Maybe??? and no, no agent - 136 modl...

Hey ho.... more delays....

Cathy

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s
General Skilled Migration programme.

The Local Clearance Unit (LCU) is currently experiencing delays of 6 - 8
weeks in the processing of medical clearances.

If your documents have been sent to the Local Clearance Unit in Sydney
please be patient as your clearances will be noted on our system when
completed. If you want confirmation that your medical documents have
arrived there please contact your postal or courier service for this
information. An officer will contact you/the authorised recipient if they
require additional information or documents.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

If you would like to contact the Local Clearance Unit (LCU) please refer
to our website via the following address:
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...res/lcu-sydney.
htm

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please
refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.
au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

Yours sincerely,

Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm I was planning to frontload but with the way things are at the moment it may not actually end up frontloaded
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

our meds were received on the 21st June and cleared on the 22nd august. An 8 week delay but I do know they have cleared most of the students visas now so it might start to speed up?
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:56 pm
done and dusted

Originally Posted by Josie1100
our meds were received on the 21st June and cleared on the 22nd august. An 8 week delay but I do know they have cleared most of the students visas now so it might start to speed up?

bloody soap dodgers holding up the workers again, pff
Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:28 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Cathy
We have been waiting 8 weeks since LCU received our meds, although they cant find them as yet.

We shall give it another month and then it will be decision time as to whether or not we pay another £500 or call it quits.

I am reluctant to pay again because even when they receive them, they can go missing.

And its getting to the stage where I am past caring anyway.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:37 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
And its getting to the stage where I am past caring anyway.
Don't give up Sam - hang in there girlie!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:53 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Don't give up Sam - hang in there girlie!
The thing is, we will have been waiting 2 years on Feb 21 next year and we never thought we would wait this long for our meds.

I wouldnt mind but I would like some kind of response to the 2 emails sent. We dont know what to do, we are not getting replies from emails and to be honest, who on earth would spend another £500 in these circumstances?

I appreciate that they are busy but if we could at least find out for sure that our medicals still cannot be located then we can make our minds up as to how/if we want to progress.

Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:59 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
The thing is, we will have been waiting 2 years on Feb 21 next year and we never thought we would wait this long for our meds.

I wouldnt mind but I would like some kind of response to the 2 emails sent. We dont know what to do, we are not getting replies from emails and to be honest, who on earth would spend another £500 in these circumstances?

I appreciate that they are busy but if we could at least find out for sure that our medicals still cannot be located then we can make our minds up as to how/if we want to progress.

Do you have evidence that they were received? I would take it up with them if you have evidence that they were signed for.

I feel like I am in a kind of nightmare. DH was supposed to start work in Perth last March!! Don't know how long the sponsors will be prepared to wait.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Do you have evidence that they were received? I would take it up with them if you have evidence that they were signed for.

I feel like I am in a kind of nightmare. DH was supposed to start work in Perth last March!! Don't know how long the sponsors will be prepared to wait.
Yes I have a name and date of who signed for them. This has been provided to LCU - twice but I am not getting any response at all.

I have given up contacting them because I do not get a reply and as they are busy, they wont have time to respond anyway.

There is noone to take it up with because you cant contact them for the above reasons.

Anyway even if I do redo the medicals to my cost, the same thing can happen so whats the point?
Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:44 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I don't think that you should re-do them but I think you should take it up with someone. LCU must answer to someone - but I have no idea who that is. I would investigate and find out who actually governs LCU and pursue it with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.