British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Delay in processing meds.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/delay-processing-meds-477350/)

cathy_rainbow Aug 28th 2007 9:04 am

Delay in processing meds....

Hi All,

Just had email today saying there is a 6 to 8 week delay in processing meds at Sydney.

Ours got there end June (were signed for etc) so they don't want them re-sending.

Question is, is there really that long a delay or are they giving worse case scenario so we will be pleased when it is only 4 weeks?

Anybody got their visas recently even with this delay?

Cathy

maverik1979 Aug 28th 2007 9:17 am

Re: Delay in processing meds....

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow (Post 5243518)
Hi All,

Just had email today saying there is a 6 to 8 week delay in processing meds at Sydney.

Ours got there end June (were signed for etc) so they don't want them re-sending.

Question is, is there really that long a delay or are they giving worse case scenario so we will be pleased when it is only 4 weeks?

Cathy

i believe its a fairly accurate delay, our meds have been at lcu for 4 weeks now, and havent heard anything, we have a c/o assigned aswell, just waiting for lcu to clear everything hopefully

Luma Aug 28th 2007 9:23 am

Hi All,

Cathy

Here's more about the delays
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469473

cathy_rainbow Aug 28th 2007 10:14 am

Originally Posted by maverik1979 (Post 5243562)
i believe its a fairly accurate delay, our meds have been at lcu for 4 weeks now, and havent heard anything, we have a c/o assigned aswell, just waiting for lcu to clear everything hopefully

Our meds have been there since end June....

So that is pretty much 8 weeks already....

but only had email today....

Cathy

maverik1979 Aug 28th 2007 11:17 am

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow (Post 5243749)
Our meds have been there since end June....

So that is pretty much 8 weeks already....

but only had email today....

Cathy

who sent you the email, lcu?, a c/o, or an agent?, just curious as am not using an agent and am under the impression, that no news is good news in a way

cathy_rainbow Aug 28th 2007 11:22 am

Originally Posted by maverik1979 (Post 5243977)
who sent you the email, lcu?, a c/o, or an agent?, just curious as am not using an agent and am under the impression, that no news is good news in a way

Yer tis... tho' I do have a case officer.... not sure who exactly it has come from? Our case officer asked for meds on 14th August which did worry me a bit as meds were recieved so long before... I had scanned and sent PCCs too but they didn't say anything about those so I guess that is good?? Maybe??? and no, no agent - 136 modl...

Hey ho.... more delays....

Cathy

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s
General Skilled Migration programme.

The Local Clearance Unit (LCU) is currently experiencing delays of 6 - 8
weeks in the processing of medical clearances.

If your documents have been sent to the Local Clearance Unit in Sydney
please be patient as your clearances will be noted on our system when
completed. If you want confirmation that your medical documents have
arrived there please contact your postal or courier service for this
information. An officer will contact you/the authorised recipient if they
require additional information or documents.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

If you would like to contact the Local Clearance Unit (LCU) please refer
to our website via the following address:
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...res/lcu-sydney.
htm

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please
refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.
au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

Yours sincerely,

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Gonnago Aug 28th 2007 11:44 am

Hmmm I was planning to frontload but with the way things are at the moment it may not actually end up frontloaded:blink:

Josie1100 Aug 28th 2007 1:53 pm

our meds were received on the 21st June and cleared on the 22nd august. An 8 week delay but I do know they have cleared most of the students visas now so it might start to speed up?

maverik1979 Aug 28th 2007 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Josie1100 (Post 5244520)
our meds were received on the 21st June and cleared on the 22nd august. An 8 week delay but I do know they have cleared most of the students visas now so it might start to speed up?

bloody soap dodgers holding up the workers again, pff :rofl:

Cheetah7 Aug 28th 2007 4:28 pm

Hi All,

Cathy

We have been waiting 8 weeks since LCU received our meds, although they cant find them as yet.

We shall give it another month and then it will be decision time as to whether or not we pay another £500 or call it quits.

I am reluctant to pay again because even when they receive them, they can go missing.

And its getting to the stage where I am past caring anyway.:(

I_Will_Freckle Aug 28th 2007 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 5245164)
And its getting to the stage where I am past caring anyway.:(

Don't give up Sam - hang in there girlie! ;)

Cheetah7 Aug 28th 2007 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle (Post 5245195)
Don't give up Sam - hang in there girlie! ;)

The thing is, we will have been waiting 2 years on Feb 21 next year and we never thought we would wait this long for our meds.

I wouldnt mind but I would like some kind of response to the 2 emails sent. We dont know what to do, we are not getting replies from emails and to be honest, who on earth would spend another £500 in these circumstances?

I appreciate that they are busy but if we could at least find out for sure that our medicals still cannot be located then we can make our minds up as to how/if we want to progress.

:(

I_Will_Freckle Aug 28th 2007 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 5245264)
The thing is, we will have been waiting 2 years on Feb 21 next year and we never thought we would wait this long for our meds.

I wouldnt mind but I would like some kind of response to the 2 emails sent. We dont know what to do, we are not getting replies from emails and to be honest, who on earth would spend another £500 in these circumstances?

I appreciate that they are busy but if we could at least find out for sure that our medicals still cannot be located then we can make our minds up as to how/if we want to progress.

:(

Do you have evidence that they were received? I would take it up with them if you have evidence that they were signed for.

I feel like I am in a kind of nightmare. DH was supposed to start work in Perth last March!! Don't know how long the sponsors will be prepared to wait. :(

Cheetah7 Aug 28th 2007 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle (Post 5245301)
Do you have evidence that they were received? I would take it up with them if you have evidence that they were signed for.

I feel like I am in a kind of nightmare. DH was supposed to start work in Perth last March!! Don't know how long the sponsors will be prepared to wait. :(

Yes I have a name and date of who signed for them. This has been provided to LCU - twice but I am not getting any response at all.

I have given up contacting them because I do not get a reply and as they are busy, they wont have time to respond anyway.

There is noone to take it up with because you cant contact them for the above reasons.

Anyway even if I do redo the medicals to my cost, the same thing can happen so whats the point?:thumbdown:

I_Will_Freckle Aug 28th 2007 5:44 pm

I don't think that you should re-do them but I think you should take it up with someone. LCU must answer to someone - but I have no idea who that is. :( I would investigate and find out who actually governs LCU and pursue it with them.