Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

De-Facto Visa question ?

De-Facto Visa question ?

Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Lynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really nice
Default De-Facto Visa question ?

Hi guys,

Phil and i have just sent our TRA paperwork to our agents and we now have to sit and wait !

I was thinking of starting to put together bits for our visa application, but i don't know whether Phil and I have enough evidence of being together etc.

We are applying as De-Facto and Phil's trade is on the MODL list. We have been together now for just over two years and he moved into my house in Jan 2004. We did not think of changing the bills until earlier this year and we both have our own separate bank accounts, which the statements come to our address.

The mortgage is still in my name, but he is on the electoral registered and pays poll tax for this address, but all this did not start until Jan this year!.

We have however been on alot of holidays together, have lots of photo's, we have invitations for both of us, statements from friends, Birthday and valentine cards from each and lots of other bits. We also have people who say that they will do Sat Dec's for us ( will this help?)

We plan on getting engaged in a couple of months!

What else can we put together and is the visa based on the length of time you have lived together or been together .

Hope all this makes sense!

Thanks guys!

LYNN x
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future
Default Re: De-Facto Visa question ?

Originally Posted by Lynn W
Hi guys,

Phil and i have just sent our TRA paperwork to our agents and we now have to sit and wait !

I was thinking of starting to put together bits for our visa application, but i don't know whether Phil and I have enough evidence of being together etc.

We are applying as De-Facto and Phil's trade is on the MODL list. We have been together now for just over two years and he moved into my house in Jan 2004. We did not think of changing the bills until earlier this year and we both have our own separate bank accounts, which the statements come to our address.

The mortgage is still in my name, but he is on the electoral registered and pays poll tax for this address, but all this did not start until Jan this year!.

We have however been on alot of holidays together, have lots of photo's, we have invitations for both of us, statements from friends, Birthday and valentine cards from each and lots of other bits. We also have people who say that they will do Sat Dec's for us ( will this help?)

What else can we put together and is the visa based on the length of time you have lived together or been together .

Thanks guys!

LYNN x
Hi Lynn,
Are you applying for de-facto or on a skills basis visa. Is one or other of you an Australian citizen?
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:15 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys,

Thanks guys!

LYNN x
Hi Lynn,
Sounds like you have quite a lot of stuff already. If you send me your e-mail, I'll send you list that our agent sent us. Hope this will be of some help to you.
Sarah
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Lynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really nice

Originally Posted by cypry
Hi Lynn,
Are you applying for de-facto or on a skills basis visa. Is one or other of you an Australian citizen?

Neither of us are Australian Citizen's, and it is based on my partners skills.

Thank you
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road

Neither of us are Australian Citizen's, and it is based on my partners skills.

Thank you

You don't need to go through a De facto Spouse visa do you? If you're getting a visa on your partners skills surely you can go over as his partner via his skills visa. That's my understanding of it, sorry if i'm wrong.

As for info for a De Facto Spouse Visa, as long as you've lived together for atleast a year and have documents going to the same address (don't have to be in joint names) you should be fine.

All travel tickets, invitations, memberships in joint names etc will go in your favour.

Catherine xXx