Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beloved Dog's Ashes????

Beloved Dog's Ashes????

Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:40 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice
Question Beloved Dog's Ashes????

I know that this is going to sound a bit odd and to those of you who don't have pets, even odder!! But, our beloved dog, Havoc, died and we have him in a wooden cask box. I cannot bear the thought of leaving him behind and would like to take him with us.

The question is: Can I?? The box is obviously wooden and the contents are obviously like powder. I know the Aussies are strict on wooden items going in and would hate to be stopped by anyone at the airport and found to be in possession of a powdery substance :scared:

Anyone have the answer???

Thankyou

Jayne
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Beloved Dog's Ashes????

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
I know that this is going to sound a bit odd and to those of you who don't have pets, even odder!! But, our beloved dog, Havoc, died and we have him in a wooden cask box. I cannot bear the thought of leaving him behind and would like to take him with us.

The question is: Can I?? The box is obviously wooden and the contents are obviously like powder. I know the Aussies are strict on wooden items going in and would hate to be stopped by anyone at the airport and found to be in possession of a powdery substance :scared:

Thankyou

Jayne
I can understand your feelings. Maybe if you try to contact the Australian customs department they can advise you. Would you not consider scattering your dogs ashes in one of his fave walking spots, somewhere that holds special memories for you.

Katie
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou

Jayne
I brought my beautiful dogs' ashes with me in January, no problem whatsoever, in fact customs people were very touched - just declare them when you come through customs.
I couldn't bring them in the wooden casket she was in - I just wrapped her up well in a second layer of plastic and got another box when I was here.
She travelled in my flight bag.

Cas
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:58 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KatieStar
I can understand your feelings. Maybe if you try to contact the Australian customs department they can advise you. Would you not consider scattering your dogs ashes in one of his fave walking spots, somewhere that holds special memories for you.

Katie

My cat died recently and I had thought I'd take him with us, but in the end have buried his ashes in the garden under his favourite tree. Must admit it has made me feel a lot happier - closure I guess.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KatieStar

Katie

I agree with Katie. I love my dog(s), but it seems a bit extreme bringing the ashes here. Your dog never knew this place. Sprinkle them on one of his or hers favourite areas.

JTL
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:02 pm

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

I know! I know! I am being such a girl about it! Thanks for your thoughts, I think scattering him where he was happiest is our best option! As you say, Closure, I guess

Thankyou

Jayne
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:04 pm

I know! I know! I am being such a girl about it! Thanks for your thoughts, I scattering him is our best option! As you say, Closure, I guess

Thankyou

Jayne
Trust me, it does help!

My cat died on the 4th and we took him straight to the crematorium, got his ashes back on the 6th and buried them that evening (I sprinkled them into the hole, then put the little box on top so I know he's safe when we move) and it made me feel heaps better.

Will send you some karma to help.

xx
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:08 pm

Thank you Bridie J. We have a new pup now, another Bernese. My hubby reckons that my sentimentality will lead to hundreds of wooden casks eventually!!

Jayne
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:51 pm

jayne, sent you a pm
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou

Jayne
Hi Jayne,
Have sent you a pm. Tried to send you some karma too but it wont let me

Tracey
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

We brought our cat's ashes in a lovely pine casket. It went in our shipping container and we had no probs at all. We had only had her for less than a year and it broke our hearts when she got run over.

Jo