Days Off in Oz.

Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:25 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

And Japan's income per capita exceeds that of the UK and Australia as well.

Bondipom, do you know what the "5S" system is?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:56 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ulujain
And Japan's income per capita exceeds that of the UK and Australia as well.

Bondipom, do you know what the "5S" system is?
Not until you prompted me to put it into google

Seiri Seiton Seiso Seiketsu Shitsuke

I have however witnessed its implementation in a UK company but was unaware there was a "managerialese" definition to it.

The results were impressive and productivity increased.

Last edited by bondipom; Jul 17th 2004 at 10:24 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 10:37 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

The time off issue is one of the things that I thought long and hard about when deciding what career to persue. My hubby works 12 hour shifts but only works 2 or 3 days in a row and gets 2 or 3 days off per week. He gets every other weekend off and every 8 weeks the pattern alternates between 2 or 3 weeks off.

I chose to become a teacher because I love being with children but also to maximise my chances of finding work and to enable me to spend as much time as possible with my hubby and boys. I absolutely love the job and for our future in Oz, time with the children, days out etc, the 14 or so weeks off a year (or more as I'll probably have to do supply work) will be great.

ACE
Old Jul 17th 2004, 10:55 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

This is the long spell, no more holidays in Melbourne until Melbourne cup on the first Tuesday in November. Seems a long way off.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bordy
This is the long spell, no more holidays in Melbourne until Melbourne cup on the first Tuesday in November. Seems a long way off.

Do you not get Melbourne Show day anymore then? In September??
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:50 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Hels
Do you not get Melbourne Show day anymore then? In September??

Afraid not Hels.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Afraid not Hels.

Bloody heck!! Thats it....Oz has gone to the dogs!!

Do they still have the Royal Show at all????
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:54 pm
The Godfather

Originally posted by Hels
Bloody heck!! Thats it....Oz has gone to the dogs!!

Do they still have the Royal Show at all????

Yeah Royal show still going with its mega showbags but no holiday.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

Yeah Royal show still going with its mega showbags but no holiday.

Thats a real shame....I used to love the Show Day holiday as it quite often landed around my Birthday....

Oh well....