Darwin update!!

Old Sep 7th 2004, 3:46 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough
Default Darwin update!!

Greetings from Darwin.

Just thought I'd say a quick hello, cos dont get on much at the moment.

Life in Darwin continues in its own little odd way. Still lots to enjoy, and still lots I miss. Anyway, here's whats been happening the last couple of weeks.

The weathers has basically been 30 to 33 degrees and gloriously sunny every day, though its has started to feel a bit stickier the last couple of days as the infamous "build up" thinks about getting its arse into gear. It shouldn't be long till the storms etc kick in which should be interesting!!!

THe football is going ok. We won on Saturday, a 2-1 win against a bunch of teengagers in 32 degree heat. I earned that beer I can tell you! he team are a good bunch. I play for the Italian Azzuri, which is funny cos there are about 4 Italians, 4 Chinese, a couple of Indonesian, a load of Aussies, me, and a couple of Irish. The Irish lads are the ones I hang with most cos we live close, Antony looks like Jesus which is pretty cool, and Paddys every other word is the 'F' word, but he works nights on a hot dog stand outside one of the clubs, so thats cool for free hot dogs after a skin full. We're playing a greek team who are a bit tasty this weekend in the Quarter final so that should see our season ended!

Been out a couple of times with the hubbies etc of some of my girlfriends mates. good blokes on the whole. We've been go karting, where I got told off for driving too agressively (dont know where that competitiveness came from, usually too laid back to care about winning - must be the aussie air). turned down an invitiation to go pig hunting though. I can handle the fishing, but the guy who goes hunting is a bit of a loon. Shot his own dog once by mistake, and now uses his dogs to bring the pig down, before stabbing it! now I've been brought up arround Bradford and have seen my fair share of bother etc, but I got a bit squemish at the thought of stabbing a squealing piggie. Apparently they are a pest, and you can sell them to a company that exports them, as long as they've been stabbed or shot within a couple of inches of the ear. All sounds very gruesome and I cant see it being something I'll be getting into.

Was getting bit bored sitting at home so got a job in a restaurant kitchen. My Ceasar Salads are pretty good, even if I sy so myself. Its pretty hard work but a good grin, and they're a funny bunch who work there.

Not at work today cos my girlfriend, who prides herself on being organised, and rarely wrong (like many of you ladies) has taken both sets of keys to work by mistake. SO here I am locked in. Any escape will involve a leap from our 3rd floor balcony. Work found it highly amusing when I rang them, and I'll probable get a load of grief from them tomorrow. Should be fun seeing how the missus turns this one round and lays the blame at my feet.

Darwin itself is quietening down a little at the moment as the tourist season starts to drop off, but it can still get nice and lively in the city which is only 5 mins walk away for us.

not much else to say for now, apart from I am missing a lot of things from home, mainly people. but in a typically laddish way, I am missing my football too.

Will bore you all with more later.

bye
Old Sep 7th 2004, 4:40 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: Darwin update!!

[QUOTE=loose]Greetings from Darwin.

Just thought I'd say a quick hello, cos dont get on much at the moment.

Just thought i would say hi, and glad to hear you are likng it up yonder...take care
Johanne
Old Sep 7th 2004, 4:41 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loose
turned down an invitiation to go pig hunting though. I can handle the fishing, but the guy who goes hunting is a bit of a loon. Shot his own dog once by mistake, and now uses his dogs to bring the pig down, before stabbing it! now I've been brought up arround Bradford and have seen my fair share of bother etc, but I got a bit squemish at the thought of stabbing a squealing piggie. Apparently they are a pest, and you can sell them to a company that exports them, as long as they've been stabbed or shot within a couple of inches of the ear. All sounds very gruesome and I cant see it being something I'll be getting into.
Eeeww, no!!! But yeah, they are pests. They're not 'native' to Australia, just like cane toads, goats and feral cats (and more).
For example, they're in Kalbarri NP too.
Oh and foxes. There's fox baits all over the place (and you have to be careful you dog doesn't eat it!!)

Originally Posted by loose
Not at work today cos my girlfriend, who prides herself on being organised, and rarely wrong (like many of you ladies) has taken both sets of keys to work by mistake. SO here I am locked in. Any escape will involve a leap from our 3rd floor balcony. Work found it highly amusing when I rang them, and I'll probable get a load of grief from them tomorrow. Should be fun seeing how the missus turns this one round and lays the blame at my feet.
lol! Brilliant!

Well, sounds like you're more or less enjoying yourself!
Arghh, yeah, it's going to get sticky!!! And cyclone type weather with roads flooded etc, oooooh exciting! (unless it's a real cyclone, then it's scary)
Old Sep 7th 2004, 4:54 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hey - sounds like you're almost a local now & my mouth is watering about the thought of a decent ceaser salad..... too bad you're locked in and can't come and make me one LOL
Old Sep 7th 2004, 6:51 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhh, pig hunting. A friend of ours called Mullet and his dog Diesel used to go pig hunting. I know that crazed expression well. All that came to an end when Diesel was gored by a pig and Mullet escaped with some hefty injuries (and no pig).

Glad to hear that things are going well for you Loose. Bound to miss stuff from back here, but then none of it's going anywhere and I'm sure everyone you miss back here is missing you too.

Keep up with the updates!
Old Sep 7th 2004, 8:30 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear things are still going well in Darwin Loose.

Bradford have made a steady start to the season unlike my team (Forest) who are yet to win and sit 3rd from bottom. Well another season as good as over before it has really even started .

Whats the financial state of Bradford now?
Are they still hovering close to Administration?
Used to live in Huddersfield for 3 years so heard alot about the Hudds v Bradford rivalry.

TT
Old Sep 7th 2004, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Good to hear life is still throwing up plenty of new experiences for you Loose. Hope you get out of that apartment soon !
Old Sep 7th 2004, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

gollum is an unknown quantity at this point

hi mate,

I watched the city match in the Ring o bells in shipley last week, and it was nice to see bradford fighting back, with a fantastic strike. I think we're out of danger as far as administration goes, and to be able to finish the year in a reasonable place on the table is no mean feat considering how tough we've had it! I can't see us making the play offs somehow, but i think we should be going strong for next season.

Dont miss the UK too much mate, especially up here in bradford! What I wouldn't give to be in Darwin instead at the moment!!

take it easy on those cheap meals at Globetrotters!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2004, 8:43 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't take you long to make it in the international team then Loose.

I said to the crappers you may have a job - good onya M8
Old Sep 7th 2004, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

pmntchambers is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps you may be able to help by telling us a bit more about Darwin. We were originally moving to Queensland but now my husbands job has been moved to Darwin. We should be out there by the middle of November. Any information would be useful.

Thanks

Michelle