Reload this Page >

Dance festivals in Syd or Mel?

Dance festivals in Syd or Mel?

Old Jun 28th 2004, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dance festivals in Syd or Mel?

Hi there
Mr K_M and I are going on honeymoon to Oz at the end of Nov (doubling up as an exploratory trip for the future husb). We were thinking of going to creamfields or global gathering in blighty this summer - but wondered if anyone on here knows if there's anything similar in Oz. And if there is, what's the season? We'll be in Melbourne and Sydney over a 2 week stretch (not long enough!!)

I'm googling it at the mo but not coming up with much. Any tips for this or for big club nights if nothing else would be much appreciated.

Thanks poppets

K_M
Old Jun 29th 2004, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dance festivals in Syd or Mel?

Originally posted by koala_mac
Hi there
Mr K_M and I are going on honeymoon to Oz at the end of Nov (doubling up as an exploratory trip for the future husb). We were thinking of going to creamfields or global gathering in blighty this summer - but wondered if anyone on here knows if there's anything similar in Oz. And if there is, what's the season? We'll be in Melbourne and Sydney over a 2 week stretch (not long enough!!)

I'm googling it at the mo but not coming up with much. Any tips for this or for big club nights if nothing else would be much appreciated.

Thanks poppets

K_M
Hi K_M,

I haven't heard of anything that goes on like that. If there is, I would imagine it'd be more along the lines of Monsters of Rock rather than Essential Selection - the Aussies like their rock!

Did Cream ever reopen?
Old Jun 29th 2004, 2:59 am

gedge has disabled reputation

T or ballroom dancing?
Some of those younger folk go to a bop or hop or something. Have they no shame, shaking their bits and wearing outrageous clothes. Oh and the noise.

Have you tried inthemix or TranZFusion?
Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by koala_mac
Hi there

Thanks poppets

K_M
Hi Mrs K_M

Try here:

http://www.raves.com.au/
http://melbourne.citysearch.com.au/s...errer=googlecs
http://spraci.cia.com.au/melbrave.htm
http://www.you.com.au/danceparty.html
http://www3.visitvictoria.com.au/dis...0318/vvt.vhtml

We used to love going up to London - Malibu Stacey, Camden Palace - and having a good old dance, but since child has come along, that seems to have been crossed off our list of things to do. Haven't really looked into what's on in Melbourne, but as I've just found this stuff myself, it looks like there is a pretty good club scene here.

Regards
Old Jun 29th 2004, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

jerzy is an unknown quantity at this point

K_M

Try getting hold of a copy of international DJ magazine or looking at www.i-dj.co.uk they cover dance events down under (amongst other places). Might also be worth signing on to their forum as a number of Aussie DJ's post, try contacting a guy called Patch, I think he's in Sydney.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone! Will report back in Dec if we do sample the local amenities....

K_M