at last

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point
Default at last

what a day yesterday was. After waiting since April 2001 when I applied to the TRA, everything happens at once.

Phone call from agents to say skilled independant visa has arrived, I immediately sent him our passports to get stamped, booked the shipping company for removal day on the 9th August , booked the dog in for his flight with Golden Arrow Shippers on 28th August, booked our flights for the 13th September, one way to Perth!!! Now we need somewhere to live!

WOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

At long last, bring it on!! If i could by you all a beer to celebrate I would!

Well except for King Kong or whatever his name is!
Oh and PB!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:17 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there gwrees

Congratulations on getting your visas, hopefully ours will be along soonish. Did you contact any of the colleges?

Best wishes

Pete n Lisa
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:18 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: at last

Originally posted by gwrees
what a day yesterday was. After waiting since April 2001 when I applied to the TRA, everything happens at once.

Phone call from agents to say skilled independant visa has arrived, I immediately sent him our passports to get stamped, booked the shipping company for removal day on the 9th August , booked the dog in for his flight with Golden Arrow Shippers on 28th August, booked our flights for the 13th September, one way to Perth!!! Now we need somewhere to live!

Oh and PB!

April 2001 - Congratulations and Celebrations! Big Time
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pete n lisa
Hi there gwrees

Congratulations on getting your visas, hopefully ours will be along soonish. Did you contact any of the colleges?

Best wishes

Pete n Lisa

not yet mate, I had a look at your links though thanks, but Ive been too off my head to think about work since I had the go ahead!! Hopefully I'll calm down after tonight

I'll make a few phone calls on Monday/Sunday night, ring them personally, that way I'll get a straight answer, I'll let you know as soon as I find out,

Cheers, Ger
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:27 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Big congrats

-was sure this was going to be a "at last -got my spouse visa after 2 weeks of waiting" posts
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by seang
Big congrats

-was sure this was going to be a "at last -got my spouse visa after 2 weeks of waiting" posts

lol, 2 weeks, i wish!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:43 pm
Tasmanian Devils

Chris Bailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh and PB!

hi there, big congratulations

best of luck to you all, I bet that smiile is a permanent fixture now

Good luck, Chris Bailey and family
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats:PARTY: Thats some timeline. Bet you can't believe its finally here.

Good Luck with the planning and the move.

Helen
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

chrisp6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh and PB!
You applied 2001 how long has each stage taken ie..TRA ,Meds etc..... ?
It seems along wait 3 years ?
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by chrisp6
You applied 2001 how long has each stage taken ie..TRA ,Meds etc..... ?
It seems along wait 3 years ?

I sent off to TRA april 2001, got reply back from about 3 months later, everything ok, qualified as a plumber. I did this on my own, without an agent.

Thing is when i came to apply for the visa soon after, through 1st contact migration , They realised that the deeming date on the tra confirmation later was august 2003. Why, Ive no idea, I've been a plumber since 1995. Basically it meant that I couldnt apply for the visa untill that date because I needed the points for work experience. Hence the long wait.

As for the actual application, sent off to dimmia aug 1st, meds request april, meds done end of june because the misses had just had a baby, confirmation came 4 weeks after sending them to Oz. Phew! About 48 weeks i think withouth the TRA thing
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations and best of luck.

Lindsey
xx
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 10:02 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

I sent off to TRA april 2001, got reply back from about 3 months later, everything ok, qualified as a plumber. I did this on my own, without an agent.

Thing is when i came to apply for the visa soon after, through 1st contact migration , They realised that the deeming date on the tra confirmation later was august 2003. Why, Ive no idea, I've been a plumber since 1995. Basically it meant that I couldnt apply for the visa untill that date because I needed the points for work experience. Hence the long wait.

As for the actual application, sent off to dimmia aug 1st, meds request april, meds done end of june because the misses had just had a baby, confirmation came 4 weeks after sending them to Oz. Phew! About 48 weeks i think withouth the TRA thing
Wow!,how frustrating,Did u expect it to take this long?
You need to share your tips on how u coped waiting this long
Good luck to you all,
Donna.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by madsad
Wow!,how frustrating,Did u expect it to take this long?
You need to share your tips on how u coped waiting this long
Good luck to you all,
Donna.

Have a baby in the meantime! Sort of takes your mind off things. especially when the wife had to spend 10 weeks in hospital because of it, but thats another story..... and I'm off to bed, rather drunk I might add!!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 11:41 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Have a baby in the meantime! Sort of takes your mind off things. especially when the wife had to spend 10 weeks in hospital because of it, but thats another story..... and I'm off to bed, rather drunk I might add!!
No thanks,ive had four!
Good luck 2 u all
Donna.