Dalkeith?

Old Nov 20th 2015, 12:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dalkeith?

Originally Posted by AmyLuke
Just had a look, thank you Dorothy! I can see a few within our price range so thats good Are you from/live in Perth?
Yes, I live in the Perth area. I'm about 40 minutes by train from the city, where I work. We could live closer and pay $300/wk more in rent, but I kind of like saving that money. I use the time on the train to read or sometimes sleep (I live about 5 minutes past the last station, so don't worry about missing my stop)
Old Nov 20th 2015, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

AmyLuke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verystormy
So, you are going to use the money you are bringing with you to pay your rent? Because a bricklayers salary, even with you working isn't going to get close to a rent budget of $700-900 weekly rent.
Hi very stormy, yes that's what we will be doing. Then, if we're happy and daughter is then we will sell our UK home and put our money towards buying a property there. Apparently the guy he will be working for said it's $1 per brick and he currently lays between 600-700 a day here so we shouldn't be too bad. Correct me if I'm wrong
Old Nov 20th 2015, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes, I live in the Perth area. I'm about 40 minutes by train from the city, where I work. We could live closer and pay $300/wk more in rent, but I kind of like saving that money. I use the time on the train to read or sometimes sleep (I live about 5 minutes past the last station, so don't worry about missing my stop)
It does make sense to save the money and have some ️you time! Glad you can't miss your stop Dorothy obviously, if we could live somewhere cheaper we would, looking for advice really as we are working off school rankings for possible areas to live, hence Dalkeith popping up
Old Nov 20th 2015, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Geezer123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dalkieth is one of the most expensive suburbs in the Southern Hemisphere, realistically to have a nice home there you need between 3-4 Million dollars, or 1 million pounds at least?

A bricklayer in Australia won't make much. even with your deposit, with 1 working member in the family you should try suburbs like Butler, Clarkson, Joondalup etc. They are probably more in your price range.

Last edited by Geezer123; Nov 20th 2015 at 7:19 am.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 7:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geezer123
I would be looking further North, and my advice, Families with only 1 member working in this country are bound for poverty in this country.
Rubbish

We are a 1 income family and are far from living in poverty
Old Nov 20th 2015, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Dalkieth is one of the most expensive suburbs in the Southern Hemisphere, realistically to have a nice home there you need between 3-4 Million dollars, or 1 million pounds at least?

A bricklayer in Australia won't make much. even with your deposit, with 1 working member in the family you should try suburbs like Butler, Clarkson, Joondalup etc. They are probably more in your price range.
Any opinions on Quinns Rocks? Apparently the guy he will be working for owns a few houses there?
Old Nov 20th 2015, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Rubbish

Thank you amazulu!
Also, can I point out again yet whilst we only have his job to come over to, I will be looking for work once we arrive and im a qualified accountant so hopefully work shouldn't be too hard to come by?! I know a couple of friends that came over with £1000 and seem to be doing fine out every weekend partying definitely aren't living in poverty and he is the only one working.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

lol Bricklaying and Dalkeith. I'm sorry but this thread is nuts.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Rubbish

If you are a professional living in Houston, I might believe you lol. x
Old Nov 20th 2015, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

lol Bricklaying and Dalkeith. I'm sorry but this thread is nuts.
I did come on looking for advice- it would be more helpful to simply say- sorry amy you wouldn't be able to afford to live here(which i did ask people to tell me if this was the case) instead of saying we will be living in poverty all over AuStralia if I don't work which, frankly, is laughable. If needs be we will sell our rental properties here also, I highly doubt every single migrant from the UK brings £500,000 and "lives in poverty"
Thank you for taking time to comment but if you don't want to be helpful I won't waste your time further, I simply want advice but I'll ask the people I know who have moved there instead. Thank you
Old Nov 20th 2015, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

I did come on looking for advice- it would be more helpful to simply say- sorry amy you wouldn't be able to afford to live here(which i did ask people to tell me if this was the case) instead of saying we will be living in poverty all over AuStralia if I don't work which, frankly, is laughable. If needs be we will sell our rental properties here also, I highly doubt every single migrant from the UK brings £500,000 and "lives in poverty"
Thank you for taking time to comment but if you don't want to be helpful I won't waste your time further, I simply want advice but I'll ask the people I know who have moved there instead. Thank you
You're bringing 200k equity into Australia, not 500.

Not every migrant brings in 500k sterling, but 500k sterling isn't a lot of money in Perth, in the overall scheme

You're an accountant, I hope you have a degree, and a CPA/CA style qualification along with that degree, to get work here, If you don't have these qualfs, don't hold your breath in getting a job.

500k couldn't even buy you a letterbox in Dalkeith.

I live in the US, but grew up in Scarborough. I can't think of any specific bricklaying place there???

I live in the most expensive town in the United States, and even I couldn't even afford Dalkeith.

But it's ok bricklayers and people who think they are accountants move into Dalkeith all the time lol

Last edited by Geezer123; Nov 20th 2015 at 8:00 am.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Not every migrant brings in 500k sterling, but 500k sterling isn't a lot of money in Perth, in the overall scheme

You're an accountant, I hope you have a degree, and a CPA/CA style qualification along with that degree, to get work here, If you don't have these qualfs, don't hold your breath in getting a job.

I live in the US, but grew up in Scarborough. I can't think of any specific bricklaying place there???

I live in the most expensive town in the United States, and even I couldn't even afford Dalkeith.

Your posts are very confusing.
Apologies for any confusion, I thought I was being quite clear. Depending on when you left Scarborough, chances are new companies will have developed in your absence. If we like it in Perth we will sell all our properties here and then, yes, we will have £500k sterling. I doubt every Perth resident has this- or is everyone poor??? If so, we may rethink our decision!!
Yes, I am fully qualified, or I wouldn't be able to work in my field.
Thanks again
Old Nov 20th 2015, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

But it's ok bricklayers and people who think they are accountants move into Dalkeith all the time lol
I don't think im an accountant, dear, I am one!
Old Nov 20th 2015, 8:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat100 is an unknown quantity at this point

You are going to be looking at $2 million minimum to buy a house in Dalkeith if you do like living in the area. Even with your £500,000 deposit, you are still going to have a huge mortgage to actually live there? What other areas are of interest to you? What other schools factor highly on your search?
Old Nov 20th 2015, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

I don't think im an accountant, dear, I am one!
By qualified do you have some sort of accounting post graduate qualification? in this country your not an accountant. check out seek.com.au for requirements. Like the US, Education trumps experience in Australia.

Theres no room in Scarborough for any sort of industrial activity, I can promise you that.

500k sterling is good, not great though, nothing to shout about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.