View Poll Results: Is it called a CV or a Resume where you live?
CV
41.18%
Resume
58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

CV or Resume

Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CV or Resume

I've noticed most of the people where I live call it a CV but I've also noticed a lot of people on here call it a Resume. Is this a difference between the states or is it just Brits getting confused between Aus and America? Or maybe it's an industry thing?

Last edited by MartinLuther; Apr 30th 2007 at 9:42 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice
Default Re: CV or Resume

Title it whatever the job advert asks for. Can't go wrong then.

Always ring and ask for the job specification before the interview. You can then arrange your research and answers based on what they are hoping to find and employ into the job.
Old May 1st 2007, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: CV or Resume

I work in Human Resources. I only ever called them CVs in the UK and thought they only called them Resumes in Australia, however, they are actually called 50/50 resumes or CVs over here, everyone knows what both mean and no one will bat an eyelid if you call it one over the other. Different recruitment agencies will send me them and half will call them cvs and half resumes. Take your pick I say.