Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Customs clearence

Customs clearence

Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:17 am
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road
Default Customs clearence

My part container arrives in brisbane on the 24 Feb i move into my house on the 20 Feb how long is it before i will get my venture Iam sick of squatting
Thanks Alby.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Customs clearence

Originally Posted by pike
My part container arrives in brisbane on the 24 Feb i move into my house on the 20 Feb how long is it before i will get my venture Iam sick of squatting
Thanks Alby.
My agents here in Perth said expect 6-10 days between container landing and clearing customs/AQIS. Longer if you have outdoors type stuff.

Mark
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:39 am
stuck in twilight

Originally Posted by mbike
My agents here in Perth said expect 6-10 days between container landing and clearing customs/AQIS. Longer if you have outdoors type stuff.

Mark
I can live with 6-10 days mark thanks, if its 6-10 weeks there going to now what a winging pom is
Old Feb 8th 2007, 5:31 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pike
Thanks Alby.
Hi Alby - my part container arrived on 16 January 2007 in Brisbane and we are still waiting for it to clear - we complete on the purchase of our house on Monday 12 so will have a house but nothing for it - will keep you up dated though - to give you an idea of time scales. We used Brittania from the UK who then used Overseas Shippers and Packing who are based in Eagle Farm. I have been pestering them every 3 or 4 days and today I have had to send my husband down there again to sign another form - as apparently I had signed it but it was all in my husband's name -good job I rang otherwise dont know when they would have finally got in touch with me. Nightmare or what?
Esther
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

We liaised closer with agents this end and they pushed through as quickly as possible - we were in Adelaide though, not Brisbane - but I'd stressed we'd been without for 10 weeks by time container landed in port so time was of the essence - we'd been cleared within 3 days, and they didn't check any outside stuff, all the ornaments instead! And as packers had labelled a lot of boxes ornaments even though books etc it was pointless - and we'd labelled kids bikes, golf clubs, football goal etc but obviously weren't fussed!

Good luck with a quick clearance - it's like Christmas when it all comes, and then you realise how much rubbish you brought with you!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Our container arrived in Adelaide on a Friday and we had our stuff here in our house less than one week later. I had the shippers fax me all the paperwork the day the ship docked, I signed it all and faxed back same day and they released it within a couple more days. Again, Adelaide, so not as busy perhaps as Brisbane.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Ours took about 4 weeks to get through Customs in Sydney. They cleaned one of our six bikes even though they had all gone through the same cleaning process before leaving home! Not really a money making scam!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:43 am
stuck in twilight

Originally Posted by Est
Hi Alby - my part container arrived on 16 January 2007 in Brisbane and we are still waiting for it to clear - we complete on the purchase of our house on Monday 12 so will have a house but nothing for it - will keep you up dated though - to give you an idea of time scales. We used Brittania from the UK who then used Overseas Shippers and Packing who are based in Eagle Farm. I have been pestering them every 3 or 4 days and today I have had to send my husband down there again to sign another form - as apparently I had signed it but it was all in my husband's name -good job I rang otherwise dont know when they would have finally got in touch with me. Nightmare or what?
Esther
Thanks perhaps we should have had it shipped to south Australia and send it up by train