Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

curry down under

curry down under

Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:45 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: curry down under

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Definately. I just wish it were closer I am hungry now and getting curry cravings. I will have to have my next one soon.
If you want a really good curry the Spice Avenue in Birkdale does fantastic ones. People know to travel from afar to test them!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stitch
If you want a really good curry the Spice Avenue in Birkdale does fantastic ones. People know to travel from afar to test them!

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks for the reccommendation Ginny. I suppose compaired to the lengths some people go to a trip across the city really isn't that far. Esp as I have heard from a few people now how good it is. I will have to get going there.

Katie
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:02 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was in Lawnton, I can do some re search if you fund it

Originally Posted by kt.2006
Oh please tell me the place where they do good onion bargees as I miss that more than curries. Do they do the raita sauce as well? Could fancy one now and it's only just after breakfast.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I didn't try the bargees at the one in Strathpine, though the naan bread was very nice.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:42 am
Account Closed

Barron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Well the best for us is the Havalli in Victoria point,the naans,curries,onion bhajis are brilliant we regulary go with a couple from Birmingham who are curry fanatics.Even beats the Spice Avenue

regards sally
Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice

Originally Posted by themerlin
I think it was in Lawnton, I can do some re search if you fund it
Lol, and I suppose you will need to try out every curry place before you remember which one it is.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Barron Fam
Hi

Well the best for us is the Havalli in Victoria point,the naans,curries,onion bhajis are brilliant we regulary go with a couple from Birmingham who are curry fanatics.Even beats the Spice Avenue

regards sally
Great, that's right near me and I didn't even know it was there. I know where I'm going at the weekend.

Do you happen to know of any places that have good Chinese food? I had chow mein at the takeaway at Victoria Point and it tasted like sloppy boiled cabbage, a bit like sauerkraut.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:02 am
Just Joined

beachgal is an unknown quantity at this point

I Live in Redland bay and love the Spice Avenue in Birkdale - Its not quite what we are used to from home but tasty non the less - Sally - I did try the Havelli restaurant in victoria point but it failed for me on the brown chicken meat - I only like white chicken breast - so many of the Indian restaurants that we have tried seem to fail for me on that account - but guess its just personal preference if you like brown leg or thigh meat - we have tried - the 'little indian palace', and another one in cleveland - forgot the name, plus the one in Welington point. I hear a new one called Indique has opened at the lakeside victoria point but I gather it has the same owners as the little indian palace and the wellington point one so not in a rush to try it unless they are using proper chicken breast meat - anyone been yet? I love a good korma and find that all the restaurants mentioned seem to have bland gravy type sauces that taste nothing like a Korma - i'll keep travelling to Birkdale for a decent curry - I live in hope that a good curry house opens closer to redland bay though!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 3:57 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

I popped in to the Wolverhampton Spice Avenue when I was back in town over Xmas. Had a nice chat with them about Birkdale. Didn't help get any freebies though ;-)

Originally Posted by Stitch

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:44 am
Account Closed

Barron is an unknown quantity at this point

Best Chinese is at Pelicans nest or that is what we like.

trying indique this weekend so watch this space

Regards Sally