Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

currency prospects

currency prospects

Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

OZERJON is an unknown quantity at this point
Default currency prospects

I have been keeping a close eye on the exchange rate and it looks that the GBP has got stronger or aussie dollar has got weaker. Is this a trend were going to see for a while.

thanks
john
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: currency prospects

Originally Posted by OZERJON
I have been keeping a close eye on the exchange rate and it looks that the GBP has got stronger or aussie dollar has got weaker. Is this a trend were going to see for a while.

thanks
john
I certainly hope so!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: currency prospects

As I am someone who is on the other end of this, I too have been watching the exchange rate like a hawk lately.

According to our broker at Hifx, due to the Aussi interest rates faltering and more than likely dropping in the near future, currency investors will be looking to put their money elsewhere and that will contribute to the Aussie dropping. Lots of other factors....didn't understand them so switched off!

We have got a fixed rate contract (luckily) to exchange our $AU to GBP, so I don't care if it keeps on dropping, and it's great news for you Brits wanting to get out here. Just hold onto your cash for now, it'll get better in your favour.