Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crown Relocations

Crown Relocations

Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:26 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crown Relocations

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
And secondly, ....make sure me bleedin brother gets his stuff in one piece on the 19th of this month or he's gonna be one unhappy bunny...and I'm after a BIG Christmas pressy from him this year
And mine for the 9th Sept. All except the pressy from Phoenix's brother anyhow
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:32 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barry Koolen
Hi to British Expats Members!

As a kiwi living in the UK for the past nine years and as the MD of Crown Relocations in the UK, I've followed the comments posted on this thread with great interest. If we ever wanted some unsolicited feedback from Customers and potential customers, then we have certainly got it here! The issue of the "Home Contents form" has created a lot of interest. To be honest, it is not our preferred method of assessing shipment volume and establishing a price, but the form is used in some circumstances. Generally, we will ask a number of questions at the initial enquiry to establish some basics. In a small number of cases, we will send the form rather than a Moving Consultant. An example of this would be over the industry's peak period (June-August) where demand is particularly high, and our Consultants may be booked up for an extended period. If there is some date flexibility for the Pre-Move Survey, we will generally be able to accommodate. Thanks for the feedback on the use of this form, we will certainly take this on board.

Making the choice about which moving company to use to ship your valuable possessions to the other side of the world can be a daunting task. It's a once in a lifetime decision for many. At Crown, we have our own offices, with our own staff, in 100 locations throughout the world, including 17 throughout New Zealand and Australia- so we don't use other companies.
Also, there are new insurance regulations which came into force from 14 January, administered by the FSA. Crown are one of the few companies who are DIRECTLY AUTHORISED by the FSA to provide insurance services. Our FSA Regulation number is 312398. It's an important issue, so discuss this thoroughly with any potential moving company prior to moving.

Good luck- if you have any further questions please e-mail me on [email protected]

Barry
What do you mean you don't use other companies? The van that delivered our stuff wasn't a crown van but a 3rd party delevery company, Or so they led us to believe.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:45 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by wmoore
And mine for the 9th Sept. All except the pressy from Phoenix's brother anyhow
Yeh....and Waynes

And hands orf me pressy

Old Aug 9th 2005, 5:49 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovely to get some feedback from Crown MD!

We are using Crown from Glasgow to Brisbane and have been very impressed by the level of service so far - our stuff is in storage just now and is now due to be shipped (6 weeks storage is up 4 days ago)...I e-mailed Peggy and asked when our stuff will be getting sent (as no info on tracking system) - she promptly replied and said the belongings would be shipped within the next week or two (its a shared container) - so just waiting for confirmation of that as we want stuff to be sent asap. Will let you all know how I find the next stage!

We had no problems getting an estimator to come - I agree its a busy time of the year and you have to be flexible and give a little notice to get an estimator - i'd be more worried if Crown were available immediately - wouldn't suggest they were very popular!

Lynn

p.s what about the problems getting packing material taken away in Brisbane - surely its not practical to unpack boxes immediately in presence of delivery men?
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:51 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun

We are using Crown from Glasgow to Brisbane and have been very impressed by the level of service so far - our stuff is in storage just now and is now due to be shipped (6 weeks storage is up 4 days ago)...I e-mailed Peggy and asked when our stuff will be getting sent (as no info on tracking system) - she promptly replied and said the belongings would be shipped within the next week or two (its a shared container) - so just waiting for confirmation of that as we want stuff to be sent asap. Will let you all know how I find the next stage!

We had no problems getting an estimator to come - I agree its a busy time of the year and you have to be flexible and give a little notice to get an estimator - i'd be more worried if Crown were available immediately - wouldn't suggest they were very popular!

Lynn

p.s what about the problems getting packing material taken away in Brisbane - surely its not practical to unpack boxes immediately in presence of delivery men?
Aren't they supposed to unpack for you and even put the beds back together then take away the packing materials?
Old Aug 10th 2005, 9:06 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by worzel
Aren't they supposed to unpack for you and even put the beds back together then take away the packing materials?
Yep...but in reality most people are too busy to unpack it all the same day or are in rental for a short while so dont want to re-pack. Also, you may be surprised how many boxes you have

Most people Ive spoken to said they got the company to unload and that was it.

As for the beds, ours had lots of screws missing and one bed, half was put in one container, the other half in another [we had 2]...so they couldnt have made the bed up if they tried

BTW.....they were another company i.e NOT Crown...so dont panic

Old Aug 10th 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by worzel

I hope our removers are similar to those I heard of recently - ie unload all the boxes and items of furniture - 284 in our case and then come back later when requested to take away all the packaging.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Crown Relocations

Lynn

nothing but praise for Crown...removal men were a delight, nothing too much bother for them, and Peggy (administator) is very down to earth and has been able to answer all of my inane queries to date. They were also best priced (I had 3 other estimates; Constantine, Anglo Pacific and Interdean Interconex - Scotland area) and I managed to weasel a few extra weeks free storage from them! which satisfied my Scots need for a bargain!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 6:34 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

p.s what about the problems getting packing material taken away in Brisbane - surely its not practical to unpack boxes immediately in presence of delivery men?[/QUOTE]

We are going to use Crown too but I noticed that on the small print it says claims for obvious damage to contents should be made on the day of unpacking and any others within 7 days. I was always under the impression that the boxes had to be unpacked on the day by the company or you might find it hard to claim for any damage.

Anyone with any more info? It would be good to avoid emptying all the boxes in one go!!

Carolyn
Old Aug 15th 2005, 10:06 am

Barry Koolen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NAC

We are going to use Crown too but I noticed that on the small print it says claims for obvious damage to contents should be made on the day of unpacking and any others within 7 days. I was always under the impression that the boxes had to be unpacked on the day by the company or you might find it hard to claim for any damage.

Anyone with any more info? It would be good to avoid emptying all the boxes in one go!!

Carolyn[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 15th 2005, 3:33 pm

Barry Koolen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Again, Barry here at Crown

A couple of valid points raised in some recent comments on this site, which I would like to take a few moments to explain:

Firstly, my original comment relating to Crown's offices around the world, where I said "we don't use other companies". This was directly related to having our own wholly owned offices around the world. Organisations that do not have their own offices throughout the world will use agents for the clearance and delivery- separate companies, separate quality standards, separate operating systems, etc.
As additional cover over peak periods, from time to time, Crown will use accredited "Service Partners" for the final delivery and unpacking. If this does occur, our service partners are trained to Crown's own standards so quality remains the same. Hope this explains more fully my original comment.

The second issue is regarding collection of packing material. Standard industry practice is to unpack at time of delivery and remove any unwanted waste packing material at that time. So any items dismantled and packed by the moving company should be unpacked and reassembled- this is considered a typical part of the service. It is true that many people may not want all effects unpacked at the time of delivery and may want to unpack their own boxes at their leisure. If that is the case, there is normally no contractual obligation on the moving company to return and collect the waste material. If you feel this will be a specific requirement on your move, you should ask the moving company at the time of quoting, to include a return trip to collect unwanted waste material. Many find this service helpful.

One further point to consider here is the insurance implication. Check your policy as most will have a time limit on submitting a written claim for goods damaged in transit.

Hope this answers a few more of the questions out there!

Barry
Old Aug 15th 2005, 3:36 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Not using Crown as they were more expensive than John Masons and gave us a quote based on JM's volume (JM actually sent a rep round rather than communicating by email).

So we've decided to use JM. PSS phoned us and quoted based on JM volume but even more expensive, and a load of others I contacted didnt even bother to reply - charming!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:58 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
Not using Crown as they were more expensive than John Masons and gave us a quote based on JM's volume (JM actually sent a rep round rather than communicating by email).

So we've decided to use JM. PSS phoned us and quoted based on JM volume but even more expensive, and a load of others I contacted didnt even bother to reply - charming!
Good for you!

Maybe if you had of went back to Crown with the quote JM gave you they might of done you a better deal? They certainly did that with me.

Lynn
Old Aug 15th 2005, 10:13 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Good for you!

Maybe if you had of went back to Crown with the quote JM gave you they might of done you a better deal? They certainly did that with me.

Lynn
We went back to Crown several times with lower quotes (£800 lower) from other companies and they wouldn't budge!!!!! So why they do it for some and not others I don't Know!!!!

Lorraine
Old Aug 15th 2005, 10:18 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lucyb
Can anyone who has used them give us advice?
Yes: use someone else!

(I've not heard too much bad stuff about John Mason's, so would consider using them as a possible option.)

Cheers
Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.