Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crown Relocations

Crown Relocations

Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

xgkick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Crown Relocations

Hi everyone, I've been reading these forums for a while now and they've been very helpful, esp with the shipping information which is the stage i'm at right now.

I decided to phone Crown as they've been recommended by many people on the forum. I expected them to send somebody round to do the estimate, but instead they've sent me a house contents form to fill in! I thought this was ok at first, but after trying to guess how many boxes things will take up and the volume of things it's turned into a near impossible task.

Is sending a form out normal for Crown or am I being fobbed off cos I'm not moving a huge house full of stuff? Anyone else done this for Crown and how did you go about it?

thanks,
Pete
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:45 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crown Relocations

Originally Posted by xgkick
Hi everyone, I've been reading these forums for a while now and they've been very helpful, esp with the shipping information which is the stage i'm at right now.

I decided to phone Crown as they've been recommended by many people on the forum. I expected them to send somebody round to do the estimate, but instead they've sent me a house contents form to fill in! I thought this was ok at first, but after trying to guess how many boxes things will take up and the volume of things it's turned into a near impossible task.

Is sending a form out normal for Crown or am I being fobbed off cos I'm not moving a huge house full of stuff? Anyone else done this for Crown and how did you go about it?

thanks,
Pete
I will be interested in the replies to this too as Crown were the only company of 5 contacted that wanted me to estimate myself rather than send an estimator round. ( Maybe they are busy) Anyway based on the estimate I provided they were a lot more expensive than most of the other companies that I contacted.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:46 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

thanks,
Pete
Sounds odd. We had a guy come round and do all the estimating. There's no way the average Joe can be expected to do that! They've been pretty good with us on the whole. They packed up our stuff 3 weeks ago and we expect to see it again in about 2 months ( ).

If I were you, I'd give them a ring and make sure there wasn't some misunderstanding or something.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

We're using Crown and they sent someone around to us....so did all the others too.

Out of all the firms we had around they have given the best service so far

Sue

Last edited by Sue2; Jul 24th 2005 at 9:21 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

thanks,
Pete

Hi Pete

no same happened to us this last week got same form to fill in.

Chris
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:48 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

From what Ive heard, I wouldnt touch Crown with a bargepole. I seem to recall that they are almost as bad as ***** ********? If they cant be arsed to come out and give you a quote, why should you bother giving them the business? Its apalling really. The quote they gave us was also £950 more than anyone else! I think they may be rip off merchants!

Can anyone who has used them give us advice?
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:51 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

We had about 8 different companies round for quotes and none of them sent a form for us to fill in!!! I don't know how they expect you to know how to estimate it anyway.
Crown were the most expensive of all the companies we had round and they wouldn't price match ........ so we didn't use them.
We had PSS here on 14/15 July and now our stuff is on its way to Oz. We were very pleased with them and have no complaints at all with them. Would highly recommend them.

Lorraine
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
We had about 8 different companies round for quotes and none of them sent a form for us to fill in!!! I don't know how they expect you to know how to estimate it anyway.
Crown were the most expensive of all the companies we had round and they wouldn't price match ........ so we didn't use them.
We had PSS here on 14/15 July and now our stuff is on its way to Oz. We were very pleased with them and have no complaints at all with them. Would highly recommend them.

Lorraine

do you have the web address for PSS

Chris
Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:00 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
do you have the web address for PSS

Chris

Sure do -

http://www.pss.uk.com/

Hope this helps and be interested to hear your comments on them.

Lorraine
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:54 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

we used crown, and a guy came round to the house and did the estimating for us. Couldnt complain about them ,they were excellent.. the guys that did all the packing were great, really quick and everything arrived undamaged..thankfully.
on the day that the container arrived, the girl from the crown office (peggy i think she was called) phoned me to ask if everything was ok and wished us luck for our new life etc etc, and when the container arrived here, we had all the stuff delivered to the house within 2 days. So we were really happy with them.
however you will find that everyone will have good and bad experiences with every company, i dont think you'll ever find one company whom everyone has been satisfied with, unfortunatley, good customer service can be a rare find these days, which is a shame.
good luck anyway , hope you find a company you are happy with

Last edited by Fiona&malc; Jul 25th 2005 at 12:57 am.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

Hi, we used Crown and have no complaints at all. They did come around to give us a quote (as did the other removal companies). Did not even have to go to customs - it was exactly what they promised, door to door delivery.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 1:07 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

We used Crown but I wouldn't again. The UK bit was OK but the Oz side was just too laid back for my liking. They managed to smash $thousands worth of items, although they paid up insurance-wise within a couple of days it was very hard work getting quotes for replacements, repairs etc.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 1:16 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Crown Relocations

thanks,
Pete
Hi,

We used Crown and in the main happy with them. They sent a guy Billy Saunders round to do the estimate, so no guessitmate for us to do.

Our part shipment left UK April 26, and arrived chez-Perth July 20. It waited in UK until they found another part shipment to make it a full one, then customs wanted to spot check it in Fremantle, so it did take sometime at both ends. Only about 4-5 weeks seabourn though. No breakages, and packed and unwrapped at either end, pleased with service.

Get in touch and get an estimator down, don't be fobbed off.

All the best Paul
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:38 am
Just Joined

xgkick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for youur replys everyone. I think i'll give them a call.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Thanks for youur replys everyone. I think i'll give them a call.
So how much are you shipping,

We did an inventory yesterday and still cannot make up our minds whether to just send boxes which will cost us about £300 or to ship some other items of furniture. It seems so expensive if you do not have that much to send. We are looking at possibly just a few other objects like cupboards and our cast iron bed frame etc (furniture that will not fit in boxes)

Tara

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.