Reload this Page >

Crime Stats for Perth Suburbs?

Crime Stats for Perth Suburbs?

Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:34 am
Just Joined

MidLifeCrisis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Crime Stats for Perth Suburbs?

Hi all,

Have just started looking for suitable suburbs to live in & though I'd start with the crime stats for each suburb(hey, gotta start somewhere ) Went to WA Police website but you can only select(I think) 1 suburb at a time which will take weeks to go through them all Couldn't find a list of say - suburbs with the highest burglary stats.

So was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction, as in website links?

Hope someone can help,

Mid.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crime Stats for Perth Suburbs?

Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis
Hi all,

Have just started looking for suitable suburbs to live in & though I'd start with the crime stats for each suburb(hey, gotta start somewhere ) Went to WA Police website but you can only select(I think) 1 suburb at a time which will take weeks to go through them all Couldn't find a list of say - suburbs with the highest burglary stats.

So was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction, as in website links?

Hope someone can help,

Mid.
What do you do for a job. Do you need to be near a train line, public transport. do you want to be rural, semi rural, close to the beach. You can narrow it down first before you start looking at suburbs in more detail.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 3:57 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Is'nt Perth known as the burglary capital of Australia.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 4:01 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
What do you do for a job. Do you need to be near a train line, public transport. do you want to be rural, semi rural, close to the beach. You can narrow it down first before you start looking at suburbs in more detail.
Don't choose what suburb you want to live in just because of the crime stats, Perth is'nt L.A or Johanesberg, your not going to be murdered if you choose the wrong suburb to live in. Moving to one suburb over another because the stats say your 20% less likely to be burgled does'nt mean you won't be, choose the area you like the best.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:41 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Is'nt Perth known as the burglary capital of Australia.
Strewth mate...now he tells me
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Hope someone can help,

Mid.
If you want to get some vague idea of the crime figures there is a website which has a scoring system on crime for each suburb, the website is
http://www.movetoperth.com/info/subu...b_browser.html

As a previous poster said, i think the best thing to do is decide what things you want near you and how far you want to be from transport and work, drive around suburbs when you get there, find one you like and then decide... i can't imagine there are any really crime ridden places, if there were then the house prices would reflect the crime levels..

Good luck
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Don't choose what suburb you want to live in just because of the crime stats, Perth is'nt L.A or Johanesberg, your not going to be murdered if you choose the wrong suburb to live in. Moving to one suburb over another because the stats say your 20% less likely to be burgled does'nt mean you won't be, choose the area you like the best.
Obviously I'm not going to choose the Suburb to live in just on the crime stats but when it come down to choosing 1 you like over the other.......

As I said, it's a place to start and all things like, Travel, amenities, schools, work have to be considered.

Mid.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chrispy
If you want to get some vague idea of the crime figures there is a website which has a scoring system on crime for each suburb, the website is
http://www.movetoperth.com/info/subu...b_browser.html
Thanks chrispy, that was just what I was looking for

Mid.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:28 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks chrispy, that was just what I was looking for

Mid.
I have been here 9 months and although i read about crime in Perth and hear about it, mostly on here, i have never seen any! Everywhere seems all so quiet, fingers crossed it stays that way.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I have been here 9 months and although i read about crime in Perth and hear about it, mostly on here, i have never seen any! Everywhere seems all so quiet, fingers crossed it stays that way.
I'm not particulary worried about it, it's just when you have been burgled(twice over here) it does plant a little seed of doubt/worry in your head

But please don't let this turn into "soaring crime in Perth!" or "9 out of 10 houses burgled!" thread even if crime rates are slightly better in Perth than they are made out to be over here, that is a bonus

Mid.