Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crickey! That much to send the dog!!

Crickey! That much to send the dog!!

Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:41 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Crickey! That much to send the dog!!

Hi,

Now don't get me wrong, we all adore our mut, Stitch. We have had him since he was 8 weeks old. Got him from an abandoned dogs home. We knew he was ours after he peed all over me. When we took him home he vomited (over me again) all the way.

We had agreed that if we get a dog now then he comes with us to Oz. That was two years ago and we're sticking with it.

Now for the point! We emailed Airpets who are based at Heathrow and they very promptly provided us with a quote. Stitch is a Collie X Lab and a few wee other bits as well. I think I need a second job after I saw the price!

£1770 + and extra £450 if we want him flown from Edinburgh to Heathrow. Would still have to get him to Edinburgh but that's no probs. That doesn't include Vet Fees, QuQuarantineees and Blood Tests.

So all in all it's probably going to cost between £2K - £2500 to send him. Us we can get flights for £1500 (2 Adults and 2 Kids).

What about the rest of you, how much were you?

Cheers
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:52 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Crickey! That much to send the dog!!

We love our TWO dogs so much that we are taking them BOTH at a cost of £3,200 plus about £1,000 quarantine fees!!! :scared:
Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Do some more searching. Our small dog was quoted around a thousand pounds with various companies. However we have decded to leave the dog here with the wifes dad as he has 2 others and ours is settled there already. We feel it may be too stressfull for her and worry about the heat.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:48 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Do some more searching. Our small dog was quoted around a thousand pounds with various companies. However we have decded to leave the dog here with the wifes dad as he has 2 others and ours is settled there already. We feel it may be too stressfull for her and worry about the heat.
Hi,

I've had a couple of recommendations that I'm going to search out so not too worried. My mum would take Stitch in a minute but unfortunately she has two dogs already and squeezing a third would be asking too much. Plus what would we do without him! I'm a bit concerned about the flight but that's something I'll need to discuss with the exporters.

Cheers
Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

I've had a couple of recommendations that I'm going to search out so not too worried. My mum would take Stitch in a minute but unfortunately she has two dogs already and squeezing a third would be asking too much. Plus what would we do without him! I'm a bit concerned about the flight but that's something I'll need to discuss with the exporters.

Cheers
Golden Arrow come very well recommended on here and it is who we have decided to use. As we are only taking our youngest son, and leaving our adult children behind, we think it very important that the dogs come with us, we love them to pieces, but I also think it will help our son settle to have them around. They have been his friends when his siblings have left home.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:55 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Golden Arrow come very well recommended on here and it is who we have decided to use. As we are only taking our youngest son, and leaving our adult children behind, we think it very important that the dogs come with us, we love them to pieces, but I also think it will help our son settle to have them around. They have been his friends when his siblings have left home.
Saw the cost you quoted earlier. Ouch! We're kinda of the mind that it may help keep a bit of familiarity for our kids aged 7 and 4 if we have the dog with us.

Cheers
Old Aug 13th 2005, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Stitch
Saw the cost you quoted earlier. Ouch! We're kinda of the mind that it may help keep a bit of familiarity for our kids aged 7 and 4 if we have the dog with us.

Cheers
I started this thread a couple of weeks ago. Hope the link works I'm not very good at this
ok it didn't. Hold on a minute
Old Aug 13th 2005, 10:24 am

I started this thread a couple of weeks ago. Hope the link works I'm not very good at this
ok it didn't. Hold on a minute

So many times I have been asked..

"Why on earth are you spending all that money to take the dogs with you?"

Because:

No matter what mood you are in at the end of a hard day, they are always pleased to see you.

They bark when someone comes to the front door and wag their tails when someone comes to the back door.

If we go out into the woods and our son wanders off and gets lost, Hollie will go and find him and stay with him until he finds us again.

Meg will always put herself between me and a stranger even though she is terrified of them.

When Terry is away, one dog will lay by the back door and one will lay by the front door. Not told to!

Hollie is the most obedient dog ever, obeying a command before you have finished speaking.

Meg is the most stupid, soft, dopey creature filled with huge amounts of love.

Meg will tolerate being moulded into shape for a pillow by our son when he lays on the floor.

Because:

They are laying by my feet as I type.

Meg bounces around like an inane idiot at the mere mention of the word "biscuit".

I can leave both the side gate and the front gate open and they will not wander off.

They growl when a stranger comes in the house when I am on my own, but just take a back seat when Terry is home with me.

They have been Alex's company as his brothers and sister have left home.

Meg will always lay her head on your lap when you are feeling sad, just to let you know she is there.

Because:

Who else will understand that Hollie is not being grumpy but her arthritis is playing up and she is in pain?

Who else will forgive Meg when she eats the new bra you have just bought?

Who else will get up in the night and give them a cuddle because they are frightened of the thunderstorm?

Because:

Who else could possibly love them as much as we do?
Old Aug 13th 2005, 10:48 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

we too used golden arrows........ great people..... great service.....

dont know where ure heading but harry our dog had to do his quarantine in melbourne as there is no centre in queensland..... which meant there was the cost of another flight this end...... also there is also a vet bill too to look 4ward to for heart worming and tick treatment - plus any other treatment is ure dog requires it durin their stay....

boom

xx
Old Aug 13th 2005, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

RogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura about

Golden Arrow took our 2 golden retrievers from our door and safely arranged their trip to Melbourne, cost £5600. Quarantine kennels were superb as were Golden Arrow, faultless in fact. Dogs were fine and stress free, settled in to Oz life perfectly as have we, been here 4 months now and loving every second. Dogs have no problems with heat or sun, temperatures in April went up to 30 on several days.
No way could we have left them behind.
Good luck and hope you take them.
Roger
Old Aug 13th 2005, 10:54 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by RogerUK
Golden Arrow took our 2 golden retrievers from our door and safely arranged their trip to Melbourne, cost £5600. Quarantine kennels were superb as were Golden Arrow, faultless in fact. Dogs were fine and stress free, settled in to Oz life perfectly as have we, been here 4 months now and loving every second. Dogs have no problems with heat or sun, temperatures in April went up to 30 on several days.
No way could we have left them behind.
Good luck and hope you take them.
Roger
Cheers for that.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 11:32 am
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Not being funny but if it was my mutt the two of us would go for a walk with a shovel and only I would come home.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by mutant
Not being funny but if it was my mutt the two of us would go for a walk with a shovel and only I would come home.
You're right. You're not funny.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 12:04 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

You're right. You're not funny.
I know. I was being serious. DEADLY serious.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mutant
I know. I was being serious. DEADLY serious.
If that's a picture of you on your avatar...the good news is the dog will be coming back alone with the shovel....and a big grin...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.