Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crickey! That much to send the dog!!

Crickey! That much to send the dog!!

Old Aug 13th 2005, 1:01 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Crickey! That much to send the dog!!

i agree with anne and roger, there was no possibility of leaving our two at home, we love them to pieces. we too are using golden arrow and they are brill, ours have their blood tests in tuesday and fly to melbourne on the 13th Sept. i am absolutely dreading it :scared: so it is reassuring to hear that rogers two dogs were fine. our quote is about the same as annes and i'm not too bothered by it as i have known all along roughly how much it would be (just wish i could go in the hold with them!) good luck x loidy
Old Aug 13th 2005, 1:41 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loidy
i agree with anne and roger, there was no possibility of leaving our two at home, we love them to pieces. we too are using golden arrow and they are brill, ours have their blood tests in tuesday and fly to melbourne on the 13th Sept. i am absolutely dreading it :scared: so it is reassuring to hear that rogers two dogs were fine. our quote is about the same as annes and i'm not too bothered by it as i have known all along roughly how much it would be (just wish i could go in the hold with them!) good luck x loidy
I know this may sound silly but were you able to choose the quarantine destination or are they just flown where ever? It's just I notice you're heading for Byron Bay (My fave place in the world) yet your pooches are going to Melbourne.

Cheers
Old Aug 13th 2005, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Teddybex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mutant
Not being funny but if it was my mutt the two of us would go for a walk with a shovel and only I would come home.

You are well out of order and not in the slightest bit amusing
Old Aug 13th 2005, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Teddybex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
So many times I have been asked..

"Why on earth are you spending all that money to take the dogs with you?"

Because:

No matter what mood you are in at the end of a hard day, they are always pleased to see you.

They bark when someone comes to the front door and wag their tails when someone comes to the back door.

If we go out into the woods and our son wanders off and gets lost, Hollie will go and find him and stay with him until he finds us again.

Meg will always put herself between me and a stranger even though she is terrified of them.

When Terry is away, one dog will lay by the back door and one will lay by the front door. Not told to!

Hollie is the most obedient dog ever, obeying a command before you have finished speaking.

Meg is the most stupid, soft, dopey creature filled with huge amounts of love.

Meg will tolerate being moulded into shape for a pillow by our son when he lays on the floor.

Because:

They are laying by my feet as I type.

Meg bounces around like an inane idiot at the mere mention of the word "biscuit".

I can leave both the side gate and the front gate open and they will not wander off.

They growl when a stranger comes in the house when I am on my own, but just take a back seat when Terry is home with me.

They have been Alex's company as his brothers and sister have left home.

Meg will always lay her head on your lap when you are feeling sad, just to let you know she is there.

Because:

Who else will understand that Hollie is not being grumpy but her arthritis is playing up and she is in pain?

Who else will forgive Meg when she eats the new bra you have just bought?

Who else will get up in the night and give them a cuddle because they are frightened of the thunderstorm?

Because:

Who else could possibly love them as much as we do?

That's really sweet, you nearly had me in tears I totally agree, I couldn't leave mine at home, he's part of the family
Old Aug 13th 2005, 4:25 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Would pay what ever it takes to bring poppy - i'm not rich or anything but if it had came to it i'd of waited longer and saved up her flight costs.

Poppy is a collie x and is costing approx £2500 all in by the time we pay for her quarantine in Sydney - we are using pet travel services in Dunfermline, Scotland.

We got poppy from animal shelter at 3 months old - she's 5 now and i'd never abandon her - we made a commitment for life to her.

In my opinion bringing your dog will give your children a sense of normality - it will also teach them to be responsible pet owners - ie a dogs for life. A pet should be part of the family.

The decisions your at the end of the day - its only money remember!

Lynn

p.s poppy is flying Edinburgh to Sydney on 31st October - BA flight.....why have some of you who live in QLD sent your dogs to Melbourne - Sydney is the nearest?! Just curious.

Last edited by lynnlovessun; Aug 13th 2005 at 4:45 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 4:34 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
In my opinion bringing your dog will give them a sense of normality - it will also teach them to be responsible pet owners - ie a dogs for life. A pet should be part of the family.
Are you trying to teach Poppy to be a responsible pet owner and are you her pets?
Old Aug 13th 2005, 4:46 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Are you trying to teach Poppy to be a responsible pet owner and are you her pets?
LOL Anne - have been working all weekend and tired! post edited!!!

Lynn x
Old Aug 13th 2005, 5:06 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Our gorgeous German Shepherd dog 'Cassie' goes with animal airlines (also based at Heathrow) next Sunday. It's cost us £2079 then £280 vet fees and we've still got to get quarantine fees on top of that.
It will be all worth it when we see her again at the other side.
Marie