Creepy Crawlies

Old Oct 19th 2004, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

slimdonnybabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Creepy Crawlies

Not posted on here for a bit.

Got to Melbourne a couple of weeks ago and am now staying at a place in the country about 60km from the city, as I love the country and hate the city.

Trouble is, the place we are staying has lots of these little dark brown centipede/leech type things. When I get my hubby to kill them they go into a spiral shape. Anyone know what these are and how to prevent them, they are really freaking me out!!.

Also noticed the flies are starting to get more, with the nicer weather recently. Anyone know a decent repellent to stop them harassing us.

Thanks
Kim
Old Oct 19th 2004, 1:14 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Creepy Crawlies

Jeez Kim,

We thinking of heading inland (Emerald/Olinas/Sassafrass area) and I must admit the bugs are a bit of a concern. Have you seen any spiders yet? Bordy will come up trumps for you, I'm sure, re the repellent.

D D
Old Oct 19th 2004, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Dowster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Creepy Crawlies

Originally Posted by slimdonnybabe
Not posted on here for a bit.

dark brown centipede/leech type things. When I get my hubby to kill them they go into a spiral shape. Anyone know what these are and how to prevent them, they are really freaking me out!!.

Also noticed the flies are starting to get more, with the nicer weather recently. Anyone know a decent repellent to stop them harassing us.

Thanks
Kim
Millepedes roll up when frightened, and I guess being killed does that...
A good repellant for flies is the long journey from Australia to a less fly ridden country. You can try Aerogard, or staying indoors. You can get zappers for outside and permanent dispenser thingies for inside (not if you have fish). Mortein as a fly spray is good.
However flies will still get all over you and the only solution is to get used to it, the harassment dies down after a while and you will have to develop a lazy wave in front of your face... or move to Melbourne! They are still there but not in the vast amounts you get in the country.

Steve