Reload this Page >

Mandurah Bound !!!!!

Mandurah Bound !!!!!

Old Sep 18th 2004, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

The Welsh Wizard & co is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mandurah Bound !!!!!

hI gUYS !
HOPING TO RETURN TO PERTH WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR OR SO AND AIMING TO SETTLE IN MANDURAH. CAN ANYONE GIVE ADVICE INTO SCHOOLS FOR AN 11 YR OLD THERE.
ALSO WHAT AREAS DO I AVOID BUYING IN ?
ANYTHING I OUGHT TO KNOW ABOUT IT.....GOOD OR BAD
YOURS LORI X
Old Sep 18th 2004, 11:13 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandurah Bound !!!!!

Originally Posted by The Welsh Wizard & co
hI gUYS !
HOPING TO RETURN TO PERTH WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR OR SO AND AIMING TO SETTLE IN MANDURAH. CAN ANYONE GIVE ADVICE INTO SCHOOLS FOR AN 11 YR OLD THERE.
YOURS LORI X
Dont know much about it -sorry.
But welcome to the forum x no going back now!!
Donna.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:54 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Welsh Wizard & co
hI gUYS !
YOURS LORI X

There are a few good schools there that I have been told about from parents that have kids going to them. Dont think there are "bad" areas of Mandurah. Its going through a huge boom of housing etc
Old Sep 19th 2004, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi there

Welcome to the forum, I can't help too much at the moment as we haven't got there yet. Heading for Mandurah ourselves in 7 weeks 5 days and 81/2 hours, not that I'm counting. There is lots of good advice on here about Mandurah just do a search. I'll gladly let you know anything you need once we get there and have found out for ouselves. Good luck

One school worth looking at is Frederick Irwin but if your child is a boy the uniform leaves a little to be desired (I haven't shown my son that bit yet. LOL)

Lindsey
Old Sep 19th 2004, 9:04 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi lori,
Welcome to the forum. There are some really good threads with lots of Mandurah info, try doing a search.

Here are a few links to get you started

School info
http://www.peeldirect.com.au/commdir...t=13&subcat=46

About Mandurah
http://www.mandurah.wa.gov.au/
http://www.mandurah.yourguide.com.au/home.asp
http://www.mandurahwa.com.au/
http://www.falconestateagency.com.au/
http://www.domain.com.au/real_estate...al_estate.aspx

Enjoy

ACE
Old Sep 19th 2004, 9:08 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi there

Welcome to the forum, I can't help too much at the moment as we haven't got there yet. Heading for Mandurah ourselves in 7 weeks 5 days and 81/2 hours, not that I'm counting. There is lots of good advice on here about Mandurah just do a search. I'll gladly let you know anything you need once we get there and have found out for ouselves. Good luck

One school worth looking at is Frederick Irwin but if your child is a boy the uniform leaves a little to be desired (I haven't shown my son that bit yet. LOL)

Lindsey
Hi Lindsay,
This is a very popular school with a good reputataion, if you have not done so you need to get your son's name on the waiting list ASAP

ACE
Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Siren]MANY THANKS FOR ADVICE, NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
LORI
Old Sep 19th 2004, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=lindseyden]Hi there

Hi Lindsey.
Thanx for help, hope your move goes well.
Had a look at F. I . school...looks impressive. all the best on your adventure
lov lori
Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACE
Hi Lindsay,
This is a very popular school with a good reputataion, if you have not done so you need to get your son's name on the waiting list ASAP

ACE
Would agree with that. When we visited a few weeks ago they said that even if we put our 6 year old on the waiting list now she probably wouldn't get in until secondary school as they don't even have enough places for siblings !!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Try having a look at www.eddept.wa.edu.au which is the education department website and can offer you a variety of info about schools and link you to websites.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACE
Hi Lindsay,

ACE
In fact before you leave the UK! It only costs $33 to put in an application, and as there is such a long waiting list, it's worth getting onto the queue as soon as you can. People here get their children's names on the list at birth. There are families sending their kids to the school from Perth (an hour's drive). Do a search on this forum, there are others who have asked about this school. Getting children into the school at kindy/pre-primary ages doesn't seem to be a problem, but at high school age that's when the waiting time is long. I have two children at the school and am waiting for a place for my middle child.

As for the uniform, well government schools here have a very relaxed attitude to uniform, ie almost non-existent and quite scruffy. Those of the "old school" who like to see children smartly dressed and proud to wear their uniforms, will love the way the F.Irwin children look. Unfortunately for the boys, that does mean long socks, and I was expecting my son to complain, but all the other boys wear them and they just get used to it. He is still all fingers and thumbs trying to do up his tie and do his laces though. High school boys wear trousers in winter and the girls wear check dresses in summer (even my dress-hating teenage daughter doesn't mind her uniform).

If you have left it too late to apply to the school for a place, ie you are heading Mandurah way very shortly, and don't want to consider the other private schools which are Catholic, there is a new private school being built in northern Mandurah, called Mandurah Baptist College. The school is being built right now, and will open its doors in 2005, ready for the new school year. There is a new private school recently opened in Falcon I believe, but I think it's only primary level.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Jules Stringer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ACE
Hi Lindsay,

ACE
Hi Lindsay,

We went to Mandurah at Easter. It's a gorgeous place, you'll love it there I'm sure. Friends of mine emigrated out there almost a year ago and would never look back. The housing is incredible! You won't believe how cheap it is compared to UK and what you can get for your money! I have also heard that Frederick Irwin (?) school is very good, consequently very popular and could be quite hard to get a place there. Still, it's always worth a try. There is a new school opening at next area down from Secret Harbour (can't remember the name of it now - sorry) but should be easy enough to find out. A bit out of Mandurah mind you. There's a school at Halls Head, and of course the Catholic College, which looks extremely nice, again quite hard to get a place there. Good luck anyway. We are returning to Perth hopefully next year, and I'm also doing the 'school' search for our 13 yr old son. We have decided to live in Perth to start with, although we were very tempted by Mandurah! If anyone can give me any info on Churchlands, I'd be pleased to hear from you.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 12:32 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Stringer
Hi Lindsay,

We went to Mandurah at Easter. It's a gorgeous place, you'll love it there I'm sure. Friends of mine emigrated out there almost a year ago and would never look back. The housing is incredible! You won't believe how cheap it is compared to UK and what you can get for your money! I have also heard that Frederick Irwin (?) school is very good, consequently very popular and could be quite hard to get a place there. Still, it's always worth a try. There is a new school opening at next area down from Secret Harbour (can't remember the name of it now - sorry) but should be easy enough to find out. A bit out of Mandurah mind you. There's a school at Halls Head, and of course the Catholic College, which looks extremely nice, again quite hard to get a place there. Good luck anyway. We are returning to Perth hopefully next year, and I'm also doing the 'school' search for our 13 yr old son. We have decided to live in Perth to start with, although we were very tempted by Mandurah! If anyone can give me any info on Churchlands, I'd be pleased to hear from you.
Churchlands is a lovely area.... if you have the money for the housing go for it
Old Oct 19th 2004, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

Jules Stringer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siren
Churchlands is a lovely area.... if you have the money for the housing go for it
Do you know anything about the High School there and if so, could you let me know.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point

If your coming to Mandurah to live, I would avoid areas such as greenfields and coodanup, there are always bad areas to live where ever you are in the world.

Take a look at Mandurah High school not as flashy as the private schools, but we have had no problems with them, and they have a great senior college they transfer to at 15, where they can take the TEE for uni. anyway worth a look www.msc.wa.edu.au