Credit scoring

Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:53 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Credit scoring

Could anyone tell me if my credit history here in the UK would have any use in Australia ?

Because i have an excellent credit history in the UK, when applying for loans, mortgages, credit cards etc in australia i am hoping that this would help my applications be a little easier.

Please advise !

Thank you

Rob Morton-Jones
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Sorry Rob, it won't mean a thing to them. You will have to start from scratch.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:56 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Credit scoring

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Could anyone tell me if my credit history here in the UK would have any use in Australia ?

Because i have an excellent credit history in the UK, when applying for loans, mortgages, credit cards etc in australia i am hoping that this would help my applications be a little easier.

Please advise !

Thank you

Rob Morton-Jones

As far as I'm aware, not a hope in hell, you will need to create one here. I couldn't even get a mobile phone until I had some utility bills to provide some ID - which remids me get a UK Photo ID drivers licence before you come - this should help a bit - wish I did
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:04 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by jayr
As far as I'm aware, not a hope in hell, you will need to create one here. I couldn't even get a mobile phone until I had some utility bills to provide some ID - which remids me get a UK Photo ID drivers licence before you come - this should help a bit - wish I did
Ummmmm !!!!

Very frustrating to say the least.

I would be very temted to go and blow £10,000 on my credit card and not pay it back when I move to Australia !!!! I am sure they would not come chasing after me.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Andy Pandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ummmmm !!!!

I would be very temted to go and blow £10,000 on my credit card and not pay it back when I move to Australia !!!! I am sure they would not come chasing after me.
Dont bet on it Rob, they will !!

Andrew
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:08 am
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

Ummmmm !!!!

Was that indeed your reason for asking.
Well done I wanted to know that to .
Off to Comets to load up on some goods - buy now pay next Feb - oops I'm not here
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:09 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Ummmmm !!!!

I was foolish enough to tell them. They now kindly remind me to pay at 3am in the morning.

Them:"ooh are you really in Australia?"
Me: "yes"
Them "Is it really sunny?"
Me: "No, I'm asleep"
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:15 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Originally posted by Andy Pandy
Dont bet on it Rob, they will !!

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Would the debt catch up with me then ?

Rob
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:16 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Originally posted by jayr
I was foolish enough to tell them. They now kindly remind me to pay at 3am in the morning.

Them:"ooh are you really in Australia?"
Me: "yes"
Them "Is it really sunny?"
Me: "No, I'm asleep"
Hi Jayr,

Did you leave a few debts behind.

Rob
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Before i start, this most certainly is not me and my hubby, BUT, i recently met someone here who (after a few drinks) admitted leaving all their debts behind and didnt pay anything off. They havent heard a thing since.

I don't think my conscience would allow me to do that, but it answers your question i guess.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:23 am
Karma Comedian

Hi Jayr,

Did you leave a few debts behind.

Rob

Yes but I kept them all informed. Trouble is my Oz salary and taxation means I slip a little. I think they'd struggle to do much about it if I got nasty but I have my UK credit scoring to think about - don't burn your bridges
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

jerzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Beware, if you leave behind a bad credit rating in the UK it may well catch up with you if you ever return. In order to obtain credit on your return you will probably be asked to provide your most recent UK address. If you have bad credit there it will certainly go against you. If you fail to provide a traceable address very few lenders would be prepared to give you credit.

On the other hand if you don't intend to come back go for it