Reload this Page >

Credit Card Offers - Amex offering 110k velocity points

Credit Card Offers - Amex offering 110k velocity points

Old Jul 30th 2015, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

DeclanSyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Credit Card Offers - Amex offering 110k velocity points

Hi all,

I spend a bit of time on frequent flier forums scoping the cheapest ways to return home.

I found the below offer from Amex that has 110k velocity points. Return flights to the UK are about 150k ex. SYD

Pro tip: you can convert the velocity points to KrisMiles and fly in a suite to HK for the equivalent of about 90k velocity points.

The card fee is $349 but it also comes with a free domestic return flight and 2 virgin lounge passes each year. Seems like a good deal to get the points / benefits then run

Here's the link from the frequent flyer forums, if anyone is interested. See the link for all the details.

https://www316.americanexpress.com/i...QeGg4bAg%3D%3D
Old Jul 30th 2015, 2:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Credit Card Offers - Amex offering 110k velocity points

Originally Posted by DeclanSyd
Hi all,

I spend a bit of time on frequent flier forums scoping the cheapest ways to return home.

I found the below offer from Amex that has 110k velocity points. Return flights to the UK are about 150k ex. SYD

Pro tip: you can convert the velocity points to KrisMiles and fly in a suite to HK for the equivalent of about 90k velocity points.

The card fee is $349 but it also comes with a free domestic return flight and 2 virgin lounge passes each year. Seems like a good deal to get the points / benefits then run

Here's the link from the frequent flyer forums, if anyone is interested. See the link for all the details.

https://www316.americanexpress.com/i...QeGg4bAg%3D%3D
Amex have a similar deal going on Qantas FF points at present ( she said, clutching her first Amex card tightly!)
Old Jul 31st 2015, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

I think I am right in saying that 110k is if you are referred by someone, that someone getting 20k themselves. And the offer is valid only to those who have not had Amex cards in the last year. Is that your link DeclanSyd? If so, I would say that not disclosing the benefit you would get is a little naughty.

As it happens, our airmiles guru bcworld posted this a while ago (100k is for a non-referred application). It seems goldchoccycoin has one, as do I; I'm sure both of us would be happy to refer people as well (and reap the benefit!).
Old Aug 1st 2015, 4:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by louie
I think I am right in saying that 110k is if you are referred by someone, that someone getting 20k themselves. And the offer is valid only to those who have not had Amex cards in the last year. Is that your link DeclanSyd? If so, I would say that not disclosing the benefit you would get is a little naughty.

As it happens, our airmiles guru bcworld posted this a while ago (100k is for a non-referred application). It seems goldchoccycoin has one, as do I; I'm sure both of us would be happy to refer people as well (and reap the benefit!).
Thanks for pointing this out, I found the link on a frequent flyer forum and shared it here because it had an extra 10k points. I didn't realise the referrer got extra points too!

Here is my link below. If anyone would prefer the referral points come to me instead of some random person, please feel free to use it. If there's any way I can transfer half the points to anyone that uses it, I'm happy to do this (though I'll need instructions!)

https://www316.americanexpress.com/i...QSABcfFQ%3D%3D
Old Aug 12th 2015, 12:43 am
Just Joined

Just wanted to provide an update. My points came through today

Nice to know I have a return trip to the UK up my sleeve.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am trying to refer hubby and have discovered that the halfwits at Amex in Australia only permit referrals using Facebook and Linkedin rather than the obvious and simple choice of email, as in the UK. I use neither but have very reluctantly set up a Facebook account but I have no idea what I am supposed to do and Amex customer service is not being very helpful.

Could someone guide me through exactly what I have to click on and what the recipient has to do? Thanks.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 2:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by louie
Well I am trying to refer hubby and have discovered that the halfwits at Amex in Australia only permit referrals using Facebook and Linkedin rather than the obvious and simple choice of email, as in the UK. I use neither but have very reluctantly set up a Facebook account but I have no idea what I am supposed to do and Amex customer service is not being very helpful.

Could someone guide me through exactly what I have to click on and what the recipient has to do? Thanks.
You should be able to select Facebook, it will provide a summary of what the post will look like and you can right click, then select 'copy link' or similar.

A reminder for those interested that this offer closes at the end of the month.