Crazy???

Old Jan 16th 2003, 8:09 pm
miorcec

Cool Crazy or not???

Hi all

I have an issue with which I could need some help

We secured our Residency Permits for NZ a year ago, which is really great as I have been dreaming about going back "Down Under" ever since I left after Wellington after 2 years living there around 1990...

However... we still haven't left for good as I wanted to secure a full time job before hand [I am currently working for a good international company, with good job prospects and good salary!]

I now have a couple of good leads, but nothing concrete yet. While the date at which my Residency Permit is due to expire is now getting quite close [Nov 03].

So my issue is quite simple really: shall I drop everything, jump the gun and leave "for the better world", taking everyone with me in the process and in the unknown? Or am I doing the right thing still trying to secure something??? My/our main worry is to leave everything behind and discover once there that we can't find a decent job / our lifestyle has drastically reduced...

Thoughts / advices / ideas / etc... would be really welcome!

Really

Cheers,

Gael.

Last edited by miorcec; Jan 16th 2003 at 9:24 pm.

Old Jan 17th 2003, 3:41 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask yourself: 'Am I truly happy in my present situation?' If the answer is a firm 'yes', why move? (Unless you're the type of person who could also easily be happy elsewhere provided you find a decent job and mates and lifestyle). If the answer is 'not really', then drop everything and go before the opportunity dies. You only live once and you'll never be this young and full of life again.

Cheers - Don