Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CPV Off-Topic posts - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

CPV Off-Topic posts - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

Old Dec 23rd 2010, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
It's a Girl.
Wanda and Les Avalook are pleased to announce a new addition to our family.

After the normal 15 ½ month gestation period we have a new arrival that we have decided to call COody Avalook.

COody just popped into our world in what was a painless arrival and I am pleased to say Wanda is doing very well even though we were both becoming restless towards the end.

She is a welcome addition to our two sons Willy in Oz and Diddy in the UK.

Wanda is surrounded by bottles but we are making sure COody does not touch them.

COody Avalook is living up to her name right from her first day.

Looks like a few sleepless nights for a while.

Must dash as COody is after something else and she seems to want everything ‘now’.
Congratulations! What a lovely Christmas present! One more through the loop. All systems go now!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

Originally Posted by framboy
Congratulations Les and Wanda on your new arrival, hope all goes smoothly and you do not get too many sleepless nights with her
Thanks Framboy, we were getting worried when we started to slip so far behind you so we sent them a reminder over the weekend and it seemed to work.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jtct
Congratulations on the new arrival - quite a short gestation period I thought! Hope there aren't too many sleepless nights and you'll soon be toddling along to Oz!
Thanks jtct, at this exchange rate we may be thumbing our way out to Oz.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

DavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to all

It's a Girl.

After the normal 15 ½ month gestation period we have a new arrival that we have decided to call COody Avalook.

COody just popped into our world in what was a painless arrival and I am pleased to say Wanda is doing very well even though we were both becoming restless towards the end.

Wanda is surrounded by bottles but we are making sure COody does not touch them.

Must dash as COody is after something else and she seems to want everything ‘now’.
Congratulations, another wonderful Christmas Present - now if Santa could see his way clear to sorting out the exchange rate..............please!
Happy Christmas
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Congratulations! What a lovely Christmas present! One more through the loop. All systems go now!
Thanks Dave & Linda, we are just trying to make space for those behind.

"All systems go now", I think not. No this is the UK pre Christmas shut down.

Meds on 15th Jan, Police check when postie starts posting again and Aos when Centrelink start answering their phones.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a Girl.

What a fabulous Christmas present for you both - congratulations.

Have a great Christmas & New Year

best wishes Katie
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

MikenSueNW3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Dave & Linda, we are just trying to make space for those behind.

"All systems go now", I think not. No this is the UK pre Christmas shut down.

Meds on 15th Jan, Police check when postie starts posting again and Aos when Centrelink start answering their phones.
Yes, as others have said, congratulations and good luck.

(Of course, here Down Under, the "Christmas break" lasts until Australia Day!!)

Mike
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikenSueNW3

Mike
Blimey I thought our break was long enough.

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/.../australia-day
Old Dec 27th 2010, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice

It's a Girl.

Congratulation Les and Wanda. That was the cleverest announcement we have read for a long time. It really cheered us up. Hope to be following you soon.
Regards Floss
Old Dec 27th 2010, 4:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Mike
Cor, I must move to your bit of Aus, wish we could stop till Australia Day!

Hope none of you over here at present are affected too much by the rain and flooding
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

MikenSueNW3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Cor, I must move to your bit of Aus, wish we could stop till Australia Day!
I speak with a bit of licence! People do seem to be a bit "out to lunch" for most of January, though.

Mike
Old Dec 28th 2010, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

It's a Girl.

Just popped in to say Congratulations Les now you will be experiencing a "Watch the rate" for your Final VAC unless you have already squirrelled the money away. It cost us £8000 over the original budget. So sad they split the site. Miss the old site ............

GOOD LUCK!
Old Dec 28th 2010, 1:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I speak with a bit of licence! People do seem to be a bit "out to lunch" for most of January, though.

Mike
I know what you mean - some places do seem to be shut for ever while the rest of us just keep going!
Old Dec 28th 2010, 6:31 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Just popped in to say Congratulations Les now you will be experiencing a "Watch the rate" for your Final VAC unless you have already squirrelled the money away. It cost us £8000 over the original budget. So sad they split the site. Miss the old site ............

GOOD LUCK!
So do I...it's ironic that it was split so that newcomers would be able to get visa info easily and yet that part of the site has hardly been accessed at all since the split....!

Congratulations Les..after such a long wait I bet it all seems a little unreal. I asked my case officer for an extension and she was very accomodating though I didn't need it in the end

My news is that after all the wrestling with Centrelink procedures, S-in-Law managed to find a JP who duly verified the paperwork and he faxed it off the Centrelink on December 18th. I expected to hear nothing then for weeks but on December 21st I got the request for the 2nd VAC payment!!!! (Steve-perhaps you could update the tracker for me?)

For me the rest has been quite straightforward as I had opened a bank account in Sydney last year and have been transferring money over the least few months-its still painful though. I transferred the funds to my agent via a bank transfer as this seemed easier to organise remotely than a bankers draft....

I feel that at last I can start making definite plans, rather than hypothetical ones-though with the exchange rate as it is, those plans will have to include getting a job!!!

happy new year to all on this site

Fiz
Old Dec 29th 2010, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Barbaran and Fiz for your kind thoughts.

I forget sometimes what information I have posted on which site (and I don't mean the queries thread), we will have the meds done at Brentwood Spirewood Hospital on the 15th Jan, post the Police checks off that week so the dates roughly match so that we have the maximum time to verify the visa if we pass.

The exchange rate is now so bad the few cents it drops each week will not make much difference, the damage has been done. We still do not know if we will use up the $s that are in Oz towards the 2nd Vac or leave that there for when we move and just bite the bullet and pay from the UK.

If you miss your friends Barbaran you need to join BandC again, Fiz if you PM me I can give you a link to your old friends.

Regards Les

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.