Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Couriering medicals

Couriering medicals

Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:07 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couriering medicals

Originally Posted by kaka1964
Cheri,

[email protected]

Email above and state ur name, details of postage inc tracking number of courier, and wot class of visa
and they will get back to
Will do, thanks for that!

I'm such a chicken though, I'm a bit worried they may think I'm bothering them and refuse my visa
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

kaka1964 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cheri-pie
Will do, thanks for that!

I'm such a chicken though, I'm a bit worried they may think I'm bothering them and refuse my visa
you are only acknowledging receipt of docs and there is no problem with asking that question...an automated response will verify this...

Bob
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:34 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

you are only acknowledging receipt of docs and there is no problem with asking that question...an automated response will verify this...

Bob
Just sent the email

Thanks
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
How did you contact LCU and what details did you have to provide? Just wondering if I should check if our med have arrived yet but haven't a clue how to do it!
Thanks

Cheri
HI cheri

I am having my meds done on tuesday unrequested but agent has advised CO will be requesting them next week anyway as we have sent all our additional info and we know she is satisfied she just needs to put it in writing now. Have you heard from your case officer yet? If so have you had your telephone interview yet if yes please pass on some tips. ta

If not I have the address and phone number of Perth Business Center if you want it then you can quote your case file number on your acknowledgement letter and see where abouts your application is at.

I know its not a problem contacting them even if you do have an agent in fact we royally messed up a bit of our new info and agent recommended hubby ring CO to sort it out as it would sound better coming from him.

Also how did it go telling your whole family?

sorry for all the questions but your the only other person I know on my visa subclass going to queensland as well.

have a good weekend
NIcola
Old Apr 21st 2006, 5:02 pm
Here and loving it!

Originally Posted by nicola411
HI cheri

I am having my meds done on tuesday unrequested but agent has advised CO will be requesting them next week anyway as we have sent all our additional info and we know she is satisfied she just needs to put it in writing now. Have you heard from your case officer yet? If so have you had your telephone interview yet if yes please pass on some tips. ta

If not I have the address and phone number of Perth Business Center if you want it then you can quote your case file number on your acknowledgement letter and see where abouts your application is at.

I know its not a problem contacting them even if you do have an agent in fact we royally messed up a bit of our new info and agent recommended hubby ring CO to sort it out as it would sound better coming from him.

Also how did it go telling your whole family?

sorry for all the questions but your the only other person I know on my visa subclass going to queensland as well.

have a good weekend
NIcola
Hi Nicola

We did the meds unrequested and still haven't heard anything from a CO. I am hoping that as it has been so long now it might just go to Visa grant if they have all the information they require.

I was wondering if they had received the meds so I could unofficially start counting off the weeks til Visa granted. So no telephone interview or anything as yet. Mind you, if they phone OH at work for an interview he wont be able to talk to them as no one knows our plans yet until the sale has gone through! (that should be within the next month, fingers crossed)

We should be exchanging contracts on the house also this month, fingers crossed (fingers getting very deformed now!) So STRESS is NOT the word for it!

Only managed to tell my sister and one of my brothers our plans and they are really pleased for us, could only manage to tell my mum and other brothers we 'might be thinking of maybe thinking of perhaps going to Australia maybe sometime' What a total chicken I am!!

Anyway, sorry everyone for hi-jacking the thread.

BTW got an automated response from LCU saying to contact my CO if I want any info

Cheers x
Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=cheri-pie]Hi Nicola

We did the meds unrequested and still haven't heard anything from a CO. I am hoping that as it has been so long now it might just go to Visa grant if they have all the information they require.

I was wondering if they had received the meds so I could unofficially start counting off the weeks til Visa granted. So no telephone interview or anything as yet. Mind you, if they phone OH at work for an interview he wont be able to talk to them as no one knows our plans yet until the sale has gone through! (that should be within the next month, fingers crossed)

We should be exchanging contracts on the house also this month, fingers crossed (fingers getting very deformed now!) So STRESS is NOT the word for it!

Cheri....its a normal response..
They will contact u i would imagine early hours of Monday mornin...
Honestly....thers nothing to fret over..

Bob
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kaka1964]
Hi Nicola

Cheri....its a normal response..
They will contact u i would imagine early hours of Monday mornin...
Honestly....thers nothing to fret over..

Bob
Hi Bob

Hope you don't mind me asking but did you have your meds done in Dundee? If so how much did they cost and how long did you have to wait before getting an appointment. We are in Tayside too and pondering whether to go to Dundee or travel to Aberdeen depending on which is best and cheapest.

Thanks

Scotschick
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luma
We've got our x-rays tomorrow and the kids have their medicals.

The immigration agent wants them couriered to Australia but the clinic usually only sends them via Royal Mail International Signed For.

I phoned up the clinic to asked if they can be couried. They said yes - they would phone me when they are ready next week and then I can arrange for a courier to pick them up.

Has anybody experienced any of the following:
They said just to be careful which courier company I use as they said some want the person who's credit card is being used to be there for the pickup and theysaid the documents are sealed and they are not to be opened by the courier company (is this going to be an issue)

We're thinking of using Interparcel

Any advice welcome

The doctors should know what to do, and if not then its printed on the form for them. The xrays and other docs are sealed in the 'evelope' part of the application form. Its that which is not to be tampered with. I can't see a courier company opening the sealed envelope that gets placed within the a posting envelope.

I wouldn't worry about it, just go for the meds and let the doctor do what is right, they are on the list of DIMIA approved medical practitioners so they will already have been briefed on what to do as part of them winning the contract from DIMIA.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Scotschick]

Hi Bob

Hope you don't mind me asking but did you have your meds done in Dundee? If so how much did they cost and how long did you have to wait before getting an appointment. We are in Tayside too and pondering whether to go to Dundee or travel to Aberdeen depending on which is best and cheapest.

Thanks

Scotschick
we had meds done at Ryehill medical centre in Dundee. For 3 adults (over 16)
and 2 children we were £830.
Very simple procedure at Dundee....no probs...
Blood tests...xrays at Fernbrae....and the rest of general meds at Ryehill.
Lcu in Sydney hve our results now and we are very happy with it all.

Bob
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=kaka1964]
Originally Posted by Scotschick

Bob
any other queries just pm us!!!

Bob
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kaka1964]
Originally Posted by Scotschick

Bob
Thanks Bob that's really helpful.

Scotschick