Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The wait is driving me mad!

The wait is driving me mad!

Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

mole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to all
Post The wait is driving me mad!

Hi were 2 months into our visa application and the waiting to hear anything at all is driving me mad, i no its early days yet but ive started to check my e-mails obsessivley and spend all of my spare time on the net looking at oz sites.Anybody else out there losing it?
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The wait is driving me mad!

Originally Posted by mole
Hi were 2 months into our visa application and the waiting to hear anything at all is driving me mad, i no its early days yet but ive started to check my e-mails obsessivley and spend all of my spare time on the net looking at oz sites.Anybody else out there losing it?

I know just how you feel. I was exactly the same while we waited for ours.

I know it's really hard, but the only way to get through it is to try to keep yourself busy.

All the best with things, and I hope they don't keep you waiting too long
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:12 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm already going mad and our visa app isn't even in yet!! Should be any day now as vetassess are about ready to let us know our assessment result...
I'm getting nothing done as I'm checking emails and forums etc obsessively, Christ knows what I'll be like in about 4 months time when we will be expecting to be allocated a CO............ :scared: I think after vetassess comes through I may have to ban myself from the computer for certain hours of the day.

Lou
xx
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

loomatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: The wait is driving me mad!

Hi, dont worry it will only get worse. honestly u need to chill out a bit because u will crack up by the time u get your visas - it took us 14 months- then u have the joy of trying to sell your house whilst your visas r burning a hole in your passports,then trying sort out the move ( thats the stage we are at ) but it will be worth it if u keep your expectations realistic.
regards matt.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi, dont worry it will only get worse. honestly u need to chill out a bit because u will crack up by the time u get your visas - it took us 14 months- then u have the joy of trying to sell your house whilst your visas r burning a hole in your passports,then trying sort out the move ( thats the stage we are at ) but it will be worth it if u keep your expectations realistic.
regards matt.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

regards matt.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: The wait is driving me mad!

regards matt.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: The wait is driving me mad!

regards matt.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: The wait is driving me mad!

Sorry i think my computer went mad
matt.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:32 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loomatt
Sorry i think my computer went mad
matt.

techno stuttering
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of

i think most of us feel like this.I wish there was a way you could track your app to see what stage it is at.I think this is the worst bit so far.I have a case number but i dont know how to find out if i have a case officer,got any ideas?thanks nikki
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by upthehammers
i think most of us feel like this.I wish there was a way you could track your app to see what stage it is at.I think this is the worst bit so far.I have a case number but i dont know how to find out if i have a case officer,got any ideas?thanks nikki

You won't get a CO for about 3 - 4 months (MODL application), 5 - 6 (Non MODL) and as soon as you do you will probably get your visa grant before you even know that you had a CO, unless they need more info of course.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Waited over 7 months for a reply and it was the most agonising wait! Now on the next stage of waiting for my meds to be acknowledged and any further info requested. It doesn't get any easier and some days are better than others. The one thing that will keep you going is this forum because it will show you that your not alone and when your completely stressed you can come on here and have a good rant! I think I would have lost my last thread of sanity without the reassuring words of support people have offered along the way
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Mel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really nice

Same here!

We started the process a year ago, and feel like its been an eternity.

We have real bad day, feeling really low and sorry for ourselves. The only thing that cheers us up is either coming on here, looking for houses to rent and buy or shop for summer clothes!

We are waiting for our meds to be requested and it's taking ages, but we know it will be worth the wait. In the mean time we do go stir crazy, checking emails, coming home in the middle of the day to check mail etc.

Does anyone find that Oz is all they seem to talk about. (qu mark not working) I do, but never tire of it!

Melissa
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mel n Daz
Same here!

We started the process a year ago, and feel like its been an eternity.

We have real bad day, feeling really low and sorry for ourselves. The only thing that cheers us up is either coming on here, looking for houses to rent and buy or shop for summer clothes!

We are waiting for our meds to be requested and it's taking ages, but we know it will be worth the wait. In the mean time we do go stir crazy, checking emails, coming home in the middle of the day to check mail etc.

Does anyone find that Oz is all they seem to talk about. (qu mark not working) I do, but never tire of it!

Melissa
Oz is definitely all I talk about but having worn out the patience of all friends and family I have become a secret OZ addict only able to talk about it on here! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.