Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Couple of Perth questions

Couple of Perth questions

Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple of Perth questions

Ok, we landed a month ago and are pretty much finding our feet and getting on quite well. I found a job in the first week here so it's been a mad rush of finding a rental and getting furniture delivered so we haven't had the time to really have a good look round and take our breath.

Can anyone recommend a doctors in the northern burbs somewhere near Connolly who bulk bills? We live just around the corner from Lakeside shopping centre and are hoping that there is a decent surgery in the vicinity.

Where is good for buying meat? Coles meat is crap and horrendously expensive, are there any proper butchers that anyone can recommend? I don't mind travelling a way for this as it would be worth the trip to stock up for a month and get some decent meat for a reasonable price.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Couple of Perth questions

Just being nosey ... what line of work and are the jobs plentiful ?

Three Legs

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
Ok, we landed a month ago and are pretty much finding our feet and getting on quite well. I found a job in the first week here so it's been a mad rush of finding a rental and getting furniture delivered so we haven't had the time to really have a good look round and take our breath.

Can anyone recommend a doctors in the northern burbs somewhere near Connolly who bulk bills? We live just around the corner from Lakeside shopping centre and are hoping that there is a decent surgery in the vicinity.

Where is good for buying meat? Coles meat is crap and horrendously expensive, are there any proper butchers that anyone can recommend? I don't mind travelling a way for this as it would be worth the trip to stock up for a month and get some decent meat for a reasonable price.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Just being nosey ... what line of work and are the jobs plentiful ?

Three Legs
software engineer.

there are loads of jobs if you are prepared to get out there and knock down a few virtual doors. I am working as a test analyst for Western power in Perth, not exactly what I wanted to do but it's a contract and pays OK.

I have never seen a city expanding as rapidly as Perth, if you are a tradesperson then you are laughing, especially brickies or roofers who are in very short supply.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:17 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

software engineer.

there are loads of jobs if you are prepared to get out there and knock down a few virtual doors. I am working as a test analyst for Western power in Perth, not exactly what I wanted to do but it's a contract and pays OK.

I have never seen a city expanding as rapidly as Perth, if you are a tradesperson then you are laughing, especially brickies or roofers who are in very short supply.

Hi Steve and Clare

We have been in Perth for 7 weeks and loving it, we have found the meat from the 5 Star butchers outside woolworths in Lakeside to be much better than the prepacked not sure on how expensive it is, I see you are originally from Bracknell, we too have come from Bracknell and now are in Carramar. hope all goes well for you.

Julia and Graham
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

My mate works for Western Power as a supervisor ... he basically commissions substations and the like.

software engineer.

Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Butchers in Currambine shopping centre is superb..............
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:51 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Butchers in Currambine shopping centre is superb..............
Yup,
It's called The Star Of The North.
http://www.starofthenorth.com.au

A long way from where I live in South Perth, but I've driven to it a few times to get stuff that I can't get anywhere else.