Reload this Page >

Counting down to my start date... with QAS

Counting down to my start date... with QAS

Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:52 am
Just Joined

dave and marie is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Counting down to my start date... with QAS

hi all...
not long now.. we have just got our visa through and will be leaving for the gold coast at the end of sept.. my wife will be starting work about this time a robina hosp on CCU/ITU and the kids well we are still looking into which school to send them either Mudgeeraba or Robina.. they are 3..6...7. ANY THOUGHTS..
Its looking that i will be on the oct training course.. could you give me some pointers on what to read up on prior to starting....
Old Aug 18th 2007, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

SunnyMD will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Counting down to my start date... with QAS

Originally Posted by dave and marie
hi all...
not long now.. we have just got our visa through and will be leaving for the gold coast at the end of sept.. my wife will be starting work about this time a robina hosp on CCU/ITU and the kids well we are still looking into which school to send them either Mudgeeraba or Robina.. they are 3..6...7. ANY THOUGHTS..
Its looking that i will be on the oct training course.. could you give me some pointers on what to read up on prior to starting....
Hi Dave and Marie

CONGRATULATIONS - we're REALLY pleased for you.

Sorry for not replying to your pm earlier in the week - I know they say "don't shoot the messenger" but your news had me absolutely gutted, and that, followed by the news of a family bereavement just about finished me off for the week !

Since your pm I have had some contact direct from DIMA in Oz who agreed with your advice in that they have not received any application in our names, but suggested that QH can apply on our behalf - they just usually choose not to ! - They have also suggested front-loading our meds (as suggested by several posts on here)

Hopefully we won't be too far behind you and will keep picking your brains as we go along.

Speak soon
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:34 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Counting down to my start date... with QAS

I wouldn't worry too much about reading up. Your induction is mostly an introduction to the service.

If you get a chance read up on your drugs but when you get here (The Coast) you'll have plenty of time to get on top of it. The management here are very supportive to us.