Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

***EXCHANGE RATE***

***EXCHANGE RATE***

Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation ***EXCHANGE RATE***

Just to let everyone know the GBP to AUD exchange rate has just collapsed to 2.5174 which is the rate i just got from ozforex.com.au, thats a change of 13c on last night, i dont think it will stay there when markets open on wall street so i just bought £500 (all i had available) but anyone looking at buying in advance of a house sale might want to take a look - ozforex need a 5% deposit on advanced sales

hope this helps

Robert
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***EXCHANGE RATE***

If only I could get a rate from Ozforex... every time I try it says "OzForex rates are live and continually being updated. You have requested a rate for a currency which is currently in the process of updating". I think I'll take it as a sign (or use HiFX!).
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:41 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Yea - got an email from 'em earlier which said ...
Exchange rates are currently moving very rapidly due to credit market problems in the US, which have spilled over into share-markets and currency markets.

In less than 2 weeks the GBP/AUD rate has gone from a low of around 2.31 to its current level 2.4650 (interbank).

Similar gains have occurred against the NZ$ with the latest rate of 2.8770, 13% higher than its low point of 2.55.

It's difficult to forecast direction from here because of the extreme volatility we are witnessing in the markets. Sentiment suggests more weakness for the Aussie and Kiwi but it is highly dependent on share-markets continuing to fall. The GBP/AUD should initially struggle to break through the 2.5000 level where sellers are lined up.
All of which was handy as we were bringing over five grand and made an extra $865 on the deal...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:33 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Ys, we're very pleased as well. Just exchanged a large chunk with HiFX for AUSD2.5. Hope it's still the same when we sell the house.

Gina
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Yea - got an email from 'em earlier which said ...
Exchange rates are currently moving very rapidly due to credit market problems in the US, which have spilled over into share-markets and currency markets.

In less than 2 weeks the GBP/AUD rate has gone from a low of around 2.31 to its current level 2.4650 (interbank).

Similar gains have occurred against the NZ$ with the latest rate of 2.8770, 13% higher than its low point of 2.55.

It's difficult to forecast direction from here because of the extreme volatility we are witnessing in the markets. Sentiment suggests more weakness for the Aussie and Kiwi but it is highly dependent on share-markets continuing to fall. The GBP/AUD should initially struggle to break through the 2.5000 level where sellers are lined up.
All of which was handy as we were bringing over five grand and made an extra $865 on the deal...
$2.5184 from Ozforex a few seconds ago...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

oh...I wish I had a Crystal Ball! We wont be selling our house 'till around April 2008. We have kind of worked it out that it aint worth selling our house early to get a perceived better rate...just as long as house prices continue to rise...
A+H
x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

OMG I just saw this...and I haven't opened a bank account yet!

Can I save the new rate in any way? I might have seen something along those lines somewhere.

I MUST get myself organised
I MUST get myself organised...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

How does that site work? It all looks very complicated. Do you need an Ozzie account to put the money into?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Ignor my question, I have seen the answer on another post. But one other question, what bank accounts can you open from the UK?

Thanks
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

wow!!

It was only a month or so ago that it was at 2.25 - that's some movement...

If only our house was sold i would be tempted for sure...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:40 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

it is now 2.52

and considering i got 2.36 just a week ago

more on it's way
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:53 pm
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Ignor my question, I have seen the answer on another post. But one other question, what bank accounts can you open from the UK?

Thanks
We opened a bank account with commonwealth bank they have an office in London
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

I just seen this on the news. Unfortunatley i dont have the money to exchange right now but you lot have had me in stitches
Does anyone know what the implications of todays stock market probems is going to have on us tryign to sell houses Im really dim when it comes to this kinda stuff
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:27 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
I just seen this on the news. Unfortunatley i dont have the money to exchange right now but you lot have had me in stitches
Does anyone know what the implications of todays stock market probems is going to have on us tryign to sell houses Im really dim when it comes to this kinda stuff
Same here! waiting for my money, knowing my luck it will be a crap exchange rate by the time I change my money!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom

Thanks
Could you tell me the other post you saw the anser on. Trying to work out how this all works.

Nic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.