Costed Timeline

Old Feb 10th 2005, 9:21 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Costed Timeline

I am not sure whether attaching this zipped Excel spreadsheet is going to work but let's see. (I assume you will need to have Excel on your PC to read it)

If it works, it shows our timeline so far with costs incurred on it. I have also had a stab at estimating future costs. I have tried to separate those costs directly attributable to emigration from those incidentals (attending Meets etc) and also those costs you would not necessarily think about like what we will have to pay to an estate agent to sell the house.

This was just the sort of information I was after when we first started out so if it works hopefully it will be of use to others (if it doesn't scare them off!)

And if it doesn't work any clues on how I can upload it would be much appreciated.

Here goes...

Hey! It works for me anyway
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Aussie Timeline.zip (4.4 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by worzel; Feb 10th 2005 at 9:27 pm. Reason: It works!
Old Feb 10th 2005, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Costed Timeline

Originally Posted by worzel
I am not sure whether attaching this zipped Excel spreadsheet is going to work but let's see. (I assume you will need to have Excel on your PC to read it)

If it works, it shows our timeline so far with costs incurred on it. I have also had a stab at estimating future costs. I have tried to separate those costs directly attributable to emigration from those incidentals (attending Meets etc) and also those costs you would not necessarily think about like what we will have to pay to an estate agent to sell the house.

This was just the sort of information I was after when we first started out so if it works hopefully it will be of use to others (if it doesn't scare them off!)

And if it doesn't work any clues on how I can upload it would be much appreciated.

Here goes...

Worzel

From one accountant to another ....... stop giving us a bad name ! :scared:

Seriously though, never would have estimated the total cost to be as much as that, quite scary really ! Am now starting to wonder what the hell we are doing ! Good info on here, thanks

Linz
Old Feb 10th 2005, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Here goes...

Do us a favour, when you are here and settled, do another spreadsheet like that comparing what you forcast to what you ACTUALLY spent on setting up.

That should make for interesting reading.

Good Job Worzel...

Hels
Old Feb 11th 2005, 7:54 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Do us a favour, when you are here and settled, do another spreadsheet like that comparing what you forcast to what you ACTUALLY spent on setting up.

That should make for interesting reading.

Good Job Worzel...

Hels
No problem, I may even get chance to update it in a few months time when more has happened.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:04 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Worzel!

Glad I was sitting down though when I saw the final figures!!!!! :scared:
Old Feb 11th 2005, 11:47 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Here goes...

Oh my GOD! Suddenly I am not strong enough to lift my chin off the floor!

And I naively thought we would be taking a decent sum of money with us - time to halve it! (My other half is an accountant too - either you are far better than him or he didn't want to scare me!!!)

Thanks (I do mean it........ really....... I think!)

A shocked binbird
Old Feb 11th 2005, 12:04 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Glad I was sitting down though when I saw the final figures!!!!! :scared:
Me too!
Old Feb 11th 2005, 1:44 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Good thread that Worzel, certainly shows that you have to be commited to go through all this. Amazed at the difference in what you paid Go Matilda to what we paid 1st Contact!
Old Feb 11th 2005, 1:50 pm
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Nice work Worzel. We're slightly further down the route - have visas, have sold house, booked flights (but dispensed with validation trip - to save dosh), have shipping quotes..... and from my experience your figures look pretty accurate. I'll check some more against my 'bugetary' calcs when I get home. Just off to pay the cheque from our house sale into the bank ... this represents 85% of our assets now!
Old Feb 11th 2005, 2:33 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Good thread that Worzel, certainly shows that you have to be commited to go through all this. Amazed at the difference in what you paid Go Matilda to what we paid 1st Contact!
I could only take this so far. Ultimately, I would hope that the reduced (if any) mortgage would help pay some of this back. But then with an expectation of lower income it probably evens itself out. But then, we aren't doing this for the money. How do you put a price on a smile?
Old Feb 11th 2005, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

jaxowen will become famous soon enoughjaxowen will become famous soon enough

Here goes...

:scared: YIKES!!! :scared:
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Alan101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here goes...

It worked for me
Not sure I agree with some of the costings though we have just been quoted £1800 for shipping and we have quite a bit off stuff to move.. Ahhhh well I hope you are at least a little out..

:scared:
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:56 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Worzel, even if not totaly appropriate to every individual it is nonetheless very usefull indeed, many thanks for your effort on this usefull tool which i have saved and will use, ta!

Nev.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 3:24 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Worzel.

Great spreadsheet. Have already adapted it to our circumstances.

Gina