Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of Taxi from Perth Airport

Cost of Taxi from Perth Airport

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice
Default Cost of Taxi from Perth Airport

Hi

anyone able to give an rough cost of a taxi from the airport to Merriwa ?

I need to work out if its worth renting a car for the first day seeing as we arrive at 22.30 !

Many thanks

Neil
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cost of Taxi from Perth Airport

Originally Posted by clan_campbell
Hi

I need to work out if its worth renting a car for the first day seeing as we arrive at 22.30 !

Many thanks

Neil
Prob around $80.
Get a car!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

I don't know where Merriwa is. I pay around $30 for a taxi for a 30 min journey. Maybe the equivalent of Hereford to Worcs?
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 1:24 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zebra4
I don't know where Merriwa is. I pay around $30 for a taxi for a 30 min journey. Maybe the equivalent of Hereford to Worcs?
Its way up north towards Yanchep, prob about 60KM from the Airport.

Hiring a car would be the best bet as your likely to be looking at at a hefty taxi cost, plus if your getting a car anyway you'll have to pay out for the taxi again to come into town to collect it.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 1:57 am
sheila and joe

joe and sheila will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by clan_campbell
Hi

Neil
yep as previous poster said roughly 80 bucks -- thats what my friends paid and i live over the other side of merriwa
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 4:22 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Neil

A taxi will cost between $80 an $85 to merriwa. there is also the option of a limo, its not that much more and the driver meets you inside the airport and knows exactly where you are going.

You have to weight it up against whether your car hire will be cheaper off airport and don't forget you may have to travel to pick up your hire car the next day if they don't deliver.

It depends how confident you will be at finding your accomodation on your own when you first arrive.

Lynn
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

We hire a transfer for family when they arrive at odd times and it costs $65 from the airport to Iluka. Probably not that much more to Merriwa. The guy has a people carrier and he's based in Ocean Reef. Number is 9300 6666 (Jerry). He'll come into the airport with a card and wait for you.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Zebra4
Hereford to Worcester - that'd cost me more than the equivalent of $30 !!
But it gives me an idea of the distance - thanks

Neil
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve99
Its way up north towards Yanchep, prob about 60KM from the Airport.

Hiring a car would be the best bet as your likely to be looking at at a hefty taxi cost, plus if your getting a car anyway you'll have to pay out for the taxi again to come into town to collect it.
I guess - thanks, just a bit worried about navigation from airport in the dark !

Neil
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Hi Neil

A taxi will cost between $80 an $85 to merriwa. there is also the option of a limo, its not that much more and the driver meets you inside the airport and knows exactly where you are going.

You have to weight it up against whether your car hire will be cheaper off airport and don't forget you may have to travel to pick up your hire car the next day if they don't deliver.

It depends how confident you will be at finding your accomodation on your own when you first arrive.

Lynn
Thanks Lynn - thats exactly what i'm trying to weigh up. I'm basically paying around $30 a day for the car hire, plus $33 to pick it up from the airport - so it sounds as if it probably IS worth hiring a car.

thanks

Neil
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
We hire a transfer for family when they arrive at odd times and it costs $65 from the airport to Iluka. Probably not that much more to Merriwa. The guy has a people carrier and he's based in Ocean Reef. Number is 9300 6666 (Jerry). He'll come into the airport with a card and wait for you.
Thanks for that Mrs J - thats worth knowing about.

Much appreciated.

regards

Neil
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

You might want to concentate on the price of getting out of Merriwa by taxi.
It would be like living in Much Marcle and operating from there.