British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Cost of Taxi from Perth Airport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/cost-taxi-perth-airport-356870/)

clan_campbell Feb 22nd 2006 2:37 pm

Cost of Taxi from Perth Airport

Hi

anyone able to give an rough cost of a taxi from the airport to Merriwa ?

I need to work out if its worth renting a car for the first day seeing as we arrive at 22.30 !

Many thanks

Neil

cyclemark Feb 22nd 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Cost of Taxi from Perth Airport

Originally Posted by clan_campbell
Hi

I need to work out if its worth renting a car for the first day seeing as we arrive at 22.30 !

Many thanks

Neil

Prob around $80.
Get a car!

Zebra4 Feb 22nd 2006 2:53 pm

I don't know where Merriwa is. I pay around $30 for a taxi for a 30 min journey. Maybe the equivalent of Hereford to Worcs?

steve99 Feb 23rd 2006 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Zebra4
I don't know where Merriwa is. I pay around $30 for a taxi for a 30 min journey. Maybe the equivalent of Hereford to Worcs?

Its way up north towards Yanchep, prob about 60KM from the Airport.

Hiring a car would be the best bet as your likely to be looking at at a hefty taxi cost, plus if your getting a car anyway you'll have to pay out for the taxi again to come into town to collect it.

joe and sheila Feb 23rd 2006 1:57 am

Originally Posted by clan_campbell
Hi

Neil

yep as previous poster said roughly 80 bucks -- thats what my friends paid and i live over the other side of merriwa

movetoperth Feb 23rd 2006 4:22 am

Hi Neil

A taxi will cost between $80 an $85 to merriwa. there is also the option of a limo, its not that much more and the driver meets you inside the airport and knows exactly where you are going.

You have to weight it up against whether your car hire will be cheaper off airport and don't forget you may have to travel to pick up your hire car the next day if they don't deliver.

It depends how confident you will be at finding your accomodation on your own when you first arrive.

Lynn

Wave the Sails Feb 23rd 2006 4:26 am

We hire a transfer for family when they arrive at odd times and it costs $65 from the airport to Iluka. Probably not that much more to Merriwa. The guy has a people carrier and he's based in Ocean Reef. Number is 9300 6666 (Jerry). He'll come into the airport with a card and wait for you.

clan_campbell Feb 23rd 2006 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Zebra4

Hereford to Worcester - that'd cost me more than the equivalent of $30 !!
But it gives me an idea of the distance - thanks

Neil

clan_campbell Feb 23rd 2006 7:51 am

Originally Posted by steve99
Its way up north towards Yanchep, prob about 60KM from the Airport.

Hiring a car would be the best bet as your likely to be looking at at a hefty taxi cost, plus if your getting a car anyway you'll have to pay out for the taxi again to come into town to collect it.

I guess - thanks, just a bit worried about navigation from airport in the dark !

Neil

clan_campbell Feb 23rd 2006 7:55 am

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Hi Neil

A taxi will cost between $80 an $85 to merriwa. there is also the option of a limo, its not that much more and the driver meets you inside the airport and knows exactly where you are going.

You have to weight it up against whether your car hire will be cheaper off airport and don't forget you may have to travel to pick up your hire car the next day if they don't deliver.

It depends how confident you will be at finding your accomodation on your own when you first arrive.

Lynn

Thanks Lynn - thats exactly what i'm trying to weigh up. I'm basically paying around $30 a day for the car hire, plus $33 to pick it up from the airport - so it sounds as if it probably IS worth hiring a car.

thanks

Neil

clan_campbell Feb 23rd 2006 7:57 am

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
We hire a transfer for family when they arrive at odd times and it costs $65 from the airport to Iluka. Probably not that much more to Merriwa. The guy has a people carrier and he's based in Ocean Reef. Number is 9300 6666 (Jerry). He'll come into the airport with a card and wait for you.

Thanks for that Mrs J - thats worth knowing about.

Much appreciated.

regards

Neil

Zebra4 Feb 23rd 2006 4:03 pm

You might want to concentate on the price of getting out of Merriwa by taxi.
It would be like living in Much Marcle and operating from there.