Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of Spouse Visa - Stage 2

Cost of Spouse Visa - Stage 2

Old Jun 21st 2005, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

SydneyStace will become famous soon enoughSydneyStace will become famous soon enough
Question Cost of Spouse Visa - Stage 2

Does anyone know how much the 2nd stage of the Spouse Visa (309) will cost me i.e. for the processing?
Also will I have to go through the medicals & police checks again?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I have tried doing a search, but my computer keeps freezing & boots me out!

Maybe it's a way of telling me to get back to work!

Thanks,
Stacey
Old Jun 21st 2005, 3:19 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cost of Spouse Visa - Stage 2

Originally Posted by SydneyStace
Does anyone know how much the 2nd stage of the Spouse Visa (309) will cost me i.e. for the processing?
Also will I have to go through the medicals & police checks again?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I have tried doing a search, but my computer keeps freezing & boots me out!

Maybe it's a way of telling me to get back to work!

Thanks,
Stacey
The visa costs nothing. I had to do an Australian police check but no meds. Most here have not had to do meds. Those who have spent a year or more overseas since the 309 grant may need to do other PCCs.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

SydneyStace will become famous soon enoughSydneyStace will become famous soon enough

Thanks BP!
So the only other info I need to supply is my evidence of continuing relationship?

Originally Posted by bondipom
The visa costs nothing. I had to do an Australian police check but no meds. Most here have not had to do meds. Those who have spent a year or more overseas since the 309 grant may need to do other PCCs.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 3:56 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks BP!
So the only other info I need to supply is my evidence of continuing relationship?
I also had to provide a form 80 (available online), 2 stat decs (form 888)from PRs or citizens, evidence of relationship, a statement each as well as the AFP check. You should get a letter from your local DIMIA office 3 months before your decision is due. It is nearly 2 years since I applied so the nature of the letters may have changed. Others may be more helpful in that regard.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks BP!
I'm due for my Stage 2 later this year so I'm in the same boat. I've asked a couple of things about it here and have been told that it's the easy bit (thank God - sooo couldn't handle all that again)
I'm planning to sent statements from the joint account and a whole pile of correspondance from banks/bills etc and ask our mates with the two most official sounding jobs to write a stat dec. I was so stressed last time I've decided not to worry this time. Somehow DIMIA made me feel like a criminal during the application even though we were married and 100% genuine!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

I know what you mean, I couldn't handle Stage 1 all over again!!! Mine is due Feb 2006, but thought I would give myself a chance to collect some info if I had forgotten something.
I felt like I was being interrogated last time too! You have to justify the fact that you're an alright person!!
Good luck with your application, doubt you'll need it though

Originally Posted by Un-Co
I'm due for my Stage 2 later this year so I'm in the same boat. I've asked a couple of things about it here and have been told that it's the easy bit (thank God - sooo couldn't handle all that again)
I'm planning to sent statements from the joint account and a whole pile of correspondance from banks/bills etc and ask our mates with the two most official sounding jobs to write a stat dec. I was so stressed last time I've decided not to worry this time. Somehow DIMIA made me feel like a criminal during the application even though we were married and 100% genuine!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your application, doubt you'll need it though
Thanks! And I'll keep you posted if they throw any nasty suprises at me!
I was considering taping an argument about who does the washing up or something as proof af a genuine relationship. What do you think?
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

ha ha ha they'd have a good laugh at that wouldn't they!
They would probably issue you PR just for a good effort!!!

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Thanks! And I'll keep you posted if they throw any nasty suprises at me!
I was considering taping an argument about who does the washing up or something as proof af a genuine relationship. What do you think?