Reload this Page >

Cost of Shipping pets over.

Cost of Shipping pets over.

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Scoobydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of Shipping pets over.

Hi there! I am a Newbie!

Thinking of shipping just the one cat to Brisbane and firstly wondered if anyone has a rough cost of this.
We will be flying from Heathrow, has anyone shipped out one cat and how long does the cat stay in quarantine at the other end.

I have had a quick look on a website and the nearest place for quarantine is Sydney.
If anybody knows any different then do let me know.
The site is fantastic, and most helpful......

Many Thanks!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

sprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nice
Smile Re: Cost of Shipping pets over.

Hi again. We too are thinking of taking our cat with us. The cheapest quote we have had just for the flight to sydney is £680.Then you have to pay for the quarentine direct in sydney.Then pay fo a flight to brisbane. Etc. The overallcost is about £1200. Quarentine for cats is 30 days.
Shelley
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Littleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really nice
Default Re: Cost of Shipping pets over.

Originally Posted by sprug
Hi again. We too are thinking of taking our cat with us. The cheapest quote we have had just for the flight to sydney is £680.Then you have to pay for the quarentine direct in sydney.Then pay fo a flight to brisbane. Etc. The overallcost is about £1200. Quarentine for cats is 30 days.
Shelley

Hi, we are planning to take our cat to Perth. To date the cheapest quote we have is £1340 plus quarentine etc!! Can you advise who provided your £680 quote?

Derry
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

sprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nice
Smile Re: Cost of Shipping pets over.

The quote for £680 was for flight only from heathrow to sydney. The company was Airpets.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Scoobydo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sprug
Shelley
Hi there,

Thanks Shelly for reply and all the others too!
So I take it then that Sydney is the nearest to us then?
Shame because it has really bought the price up, as I have read quarantene is not much , I guess its the cost of the flight..Ummm!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

We used airpets and our cat arrived today I think we paid about £1100 but we got her collected from my parents address as we were already here so there was an extra charge for that.

She's currently waiting to be picked up from the airport to spend 30 days in Sydney quarantine and then we're getting another company to fly her up from Sydney to the Gold Coast. Quotes have been around $300-$465.

Sydney would be the closest quarantine centre for Brisbane.