Adelaide

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:53 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 65
lousco will become famous soon enoughlousco will become famous soon enough
Default Adelaide

Hi,
could anyone tell me of some nice suburbs to live in Adelaide please?
Thanks Laura
lousco is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:59 pm
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
Kate45's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 370
Kate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Adelaide

Originally Posted by lousco View Post
Hi,
could anyone tell me of some nice suburbs to live in Adelaide please?
Thanks Laura
Glenelg, Brighton, Somerton park, Seacliff Park, Seacliff, Hove, parts of Hallett Cove, Seacombe heights, Darlington, Goodwood,

Stay away from anything with Hackhem in the name , Elizabeth, Para hills
Paralowie Enfield just to name a few

There are many nice suburbs though both North and South

Cheers

Kate
Kate45 is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:07 pm
  #3  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Wendy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: at the bottom of a wine glass
Posts: 28,176
Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide

This is such a hard question to answer because everyone has different idea's on what's nice and what isn't. You really need to look around and get a feel for the place yourself and then decide.

For instance, the previous poster say's stay away from certain area's, well I live in one of them and it's a great area.....for me and my family.

I wouldn't live in some of the places they have mentioned, again that's because they aren't right for me and my family.

Sorry, but it's something very personal and ultimately down to personal preference and what you are looking for.
Wendy is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:09 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 65
lousco will become famous soon enoughlousco will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Adelaide

Thankyou very much for your replies,is there any websites that you know of to help me get a better look at the places?
Thanks again Laura
lousco is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:22 pm
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
Seabird's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 497
Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Adelaide

www.adelaidebrits.tk has a section on suburbs.

I have lived at Marion - handy on arrival as it has the biggest mall in the Southern hermisphere, and only 10 mins to beach at Brighton which is a really nice spot for families. Now at Aberfoyle Park and moving to Woodcroft in November - very happy with Aberfoyle Park, lovely and green and close to where I work, but further out of the city. Woodcroft is upmarket and quiet with its own winery and another 10 mins away from the city.

There is a suburb for every one here - good luck.

Seabird
Seabird is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:41 pm
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Kate45's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 370
Kate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Adelaide

Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
This is such a hard question to answer because everyone has different idea's on what's nice and what isn't. You really need to look around and get a feel for the place yourself and then decide.

For instance, the previous poster say's stay away from certain area's, well I live in one of them and it's a great area.....for me and my family.

I wouldn't live in some of the places they have mentioned, again that's because they aren't right for me and my family.

Sorry, but it's something very personal and ultimately down to personal preference and what you are looking for.
Sorry Wendy I didn't mean to offend you or your suburb was merely trying to be helpful......
Kate45 is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:04 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 26
gaynor-andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide

Originally Posted by lousco View Post
Hi,
could anyone tell me of some nice suburbs to live in Adelaide please?
Thanks Laura
Hi , we are also in the same situation not sure where to start, its such a big place. Hoping to go early next year to validate visa's. Will visit for 5 weeks to see where we would like to live and also do some research with my husbands work.
gaynor-andy is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:18 pm
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Kate45's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 370
Kate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Adelaide

Originally Posted by gaynor-andy View Post
Hi , we are also in the same situation not sure where to start, its such a big place. Hoping to go early next year to validate visa's. Will visit for 5 weeks to see where we would like to live and also do some research with my husbands work.
Hi ..what does your husband do ?
Kate45 is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:24 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 65
lousco will become famous soon enoughlousco will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Adelaide

Hi Kate,

My husband is a printer and weve been told that he will have probably found a job within a week of arriving apparantly there is a job shortage for printers,weve already had offers of interviews when we arrive.We are looking at moving end of summer next year after my little n has his operation in spring wish it could be sooner,but of course he comes first
Think were gonna go blind aswell was gonna sell our caravan to fund a trip over there,but the moneys gonna be more needed when we get there
Were looking at adelaide as our chosen place to be so any info will be greatly appreciated
Laura
lousco is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:47 pm
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
chris and farideh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: In an ice box
Posts: 2,969
chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide

Originally Posted by lousco View Post
Hi Kate,

My husband is a printer and weve been told that he will have probably found a job within a week of arriving apparantly there is a job shortage for printers,weve already had offers of interviews when we arrive.We are looking at moving end of summer next year after my little n has his operation in spring wish it could be sooner,but of course he comes first
Think were gonna go blind aswell was gonna sell our caravan to fund a trip over there,but the moneys gonna be more needed when we get there
Were looking at adelaide as our chosen place to be so any info will be greatly appreciated
Laura
Hi Laura,

We live in Somerton Park, we are only 2 mins walk to the beach, we are also close to public transport, it really depends what you are looking for?
I have 3 children, one goes to high school, & 2 are in primary, we live very central, everything is very closeby.

F
chris and farideh is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:41 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 65
lousco will become famous soon enoughlousco will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Adelaide

Thanks for the reply we also have children aged 3 and 8 so schools have to come into it aswell.Are the schools good there?What we are looking for is similar to what we have now just in a better enviroment and standard of living for our kids to grow up in,the uk is going down hill fast and we are desperate to get out.
Laura
lousco is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:14 pm
  #12  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 26
gaynor-andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide

Originally Posted by Kate45 View Post
Hi ..what does your husband do ?
Hi my husband has his own company dealing in complete kitchen and bathroom projects from beginning to end.
gaynor-andy is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:24 pm
  #13  
BE Enthusiast
 
cheshiremark's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 403
cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice
Default Re: Adelaide

Originally Posted by lousco View Post
Thankyou very much for your replies,is there any websites that you know of to help me get a better look at the places?
Thanks again Laura
Hi Laura,
I found the following webpage an interesting read about the suburbs.

http://www.abelrealty.com.au/_excel/...mes2005_06.htm

It doesn't tell you much about the areas as in how many parks they have etc but it gives the average house prices (up to Dec 06), number of houses sold and how much house prices are rising/falling in all of Adelaide's suburbs.

Mark
cheshiremark is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:00 pm
  #14  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Wendy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: at the bottom of a wine glass
Posts: 28,176
Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide

Originally Posted by Kate45 View Post
Sorry Wendy I didn't mean to offend you or your suburb was merely trying to be helpful......

I know, no problem
Wendy is offline  
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:30 pm
  #15  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 353
Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide

Hello everyone!

We're Adelaide bound as well. Hoping to be there in June 2008. We went out on a reckie in April and really liked the City. There are so many nice suburbs that really you have to spend some time looking around and working out what suits your family, your employment etc. We really like Brighton and surrounding areas as it's by the sea and then again we really like the suburbs at the edge of the city which offer larger plots. Guess we'll have to see where we get jobs etc.

Nicola
Up To Late is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.