Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cost of shipping door to door

cost of shipping door to door

Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default cost of shipping door to door

Hi all
Can someone give me a helping word with costs and also is the service door to door?

I have read alot on here but would like a few things sorted in my head

Midlands to Melbourne please

jase
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: cost of shipping door to door

Hiya jase

have a look on here

www.anglopacific.co.uk

Kev
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Hi all
Can someone give me a helping word with costs and also is the service door to door?

I have read alot on here but would like a few things sorted in my head

Midlands to Melbourne please

jase
Hi there

Depends on size. But can answer you directly.

20ft container from Stratford upon Avon (so Midlands) to Sydney - people in our road paid £3500 for everything but not the customs charges as they are unknown.

We paid £6,050 for a 40ft container from Stratford upon Avon to Melbourne. It left two days ago (from our house) and we'll see it end Feb as it's booked on a ship leaving this week and we know the name and everything.

Includes full packing (dismantling if necessary) and all the way through to the other end where they unpack and then remove all the packing.

For us, this will be a lot. We used just over 99% of our container (we worked it out) and had some 400+ boxes and packets, which is a lot. And that is in a minimalist house with no wardrobes and very good packing. PSS were the firm. Can I recommend them - so far, yes, but we're not even half way yet!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Cheers slipshot,

So they cam ein house and helped pack stuff and loaded it in lorry and do the same other end?
Any idea on charges say per week if need it stored either end too?

jason

Last edited by JCSUPERMOTO; Jan 11th 2009 at 5:20 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Disco01 will become famous soon enoughDisco01 will become famous soon enough

Hi

We paid GBP 3200.00 Bham - Melbourne with below guys...

www.atoshipping.com

Not sure about storage I'm sure it can be easily done though.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

When I had stuff shipped last year it worked out approximately 40 - 50 pound per 3 cubic foot box.

The charges worked along the lines of the first box being expensive but then every subsequent one was cheaper.

Also - I remember working it out to be cheaper to send a cubic metre of stuff by lots of 3 cubic foot boxes rather than fewer larger ones.

The service was door to door. Aussie customs charged an extra $100 for my stuff.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Cheers slipshot,

So they cam ein house and helped pack stuff and loaded it in lorry and do the same other end?
Any idea on charges say per week if need it stored either end too?

jason
Yes chap = they do everything, so you do not need to lift a finger although I did dismantle all our beds so I had control over the nuts and bolts. They packaged everything for two days (and worked non stop) and then the container came on the third and they packed it all in there. At the other end they deliver to the rooms you say and then unpack everything and take away all the packaging, which is loads and loads...

Storage is $500 min plus about $50 a week. Mainly because you either store the container (which means it is not being used by them) plus the actual housing of it. All depends on the amount of gear you have - for us, coming from a 5 bed detached house, we had lots of stuff, thus we need a decent size house in Aus (which ironically will probably be smaller than our house in the UK), so for us we want to get the container delivered and unpacked once we have found somewhere to rent...

Slip