Reload this Page >

Moving to perth in june 09

Moving to perth in june 09

Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Jan Perth is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to perth in june 09

Hi all,

It has been a while since I have posted on these sites, but I am new to this one.
We, that is me Jan (35), Scott (36), 3 boys 6,3,1 are emigrating to Perth in June. We applied for Permanent residency in July and just got it Dec, so need to activate visa by July.
We haven't sold our house, but have it rented. We are hoping to live in Joonadalup, Currambine or Kinross (Northern Suburbs). We did a rekki in this area and liked what we saw and were really impressed with the schools too. I have a job in Bentley which is a drive away, but it's a starting point. Would like to hear from anyone who is emigrating soon, as it is good to share
problems, advice.

Jan
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

angelajane75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to perth in june 09

hi

me and my family are hoping to move to perth in july 09. we went to perth in october and i got offered job at royal perth hospital as a registered nurse.. we hoping to live in quinns rock or ocean reef.

not started visa process yet waiting to here if RPH have nominated me yet, i have sent my job acceptance back to them. i will be applying for a 121 employer sponsored migration visa.

would be greatful if you or anyone out there could give me some idea of how to start the visa. do i have to have all paperwork before i start like police checks and medicals very confused

thanks

kind regards
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

p.s

do you know how to find out about local schools both my kids will go to senior high as aged 13 and 15. i have looked at clarkson and ocean reef schools both look ok on paper.

thanks again

Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Moving to perth in june 09

Hi you may want to check out this site for schools as this is between ocean reef and quinns rock
hope this helps
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinross,_Western_Australia
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

We lived in Kinross for a couple of years, very nice area, close proximatey to Joondalup, the beach highway and everything you really need. The houses are ok, we lived in the older part round the corner form the shool. the school primary was ok, but have heard conflicting things about the middle school.

Good luck with your move back.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

colchester is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angelajane75
p.s

do you know how to find out about local schools both my kids will go to senior high as aged 13 and 15. i have looked at clarkson and ocean reef schools both look ok on paper.

thanks again

Although I do not know anything sbout the ocean reef school, it is in a better area than Clarkson. I know someone who changed schools because of intimidation/bullying at Clarkson. Also when relatives of mine were considering Clarkson friends stories put them off, but I'm sure it is better than plenty of other suburbs.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future
Post Re: Moving to perth in june 09

Originally Posted by colchester
Although I do not know anything sbout the ocean reef school, it is in a better area than Clarkson. I know someone who changed schools because of intimidation/bullying at Clarkson. Also when relatives of mine were considering Clarkson friends stories put them off, but I'm sure it is better than plenty of other suburbs.
yes would agree with that..bullying can be a problem at most schools just depends on how the school handles it! have a child still at clarkson..who wont move as has been there since year 8 now in year 11 and wont leave friends..also had two others go thru this school.. ( but my eldest son started here then went to wanneroo high..bit of a drive from clarkson but worth it!!!) kinross i have heard good things about and they do encourage you to go and have a tour of the school.. but every school is different and it really does depend on what you are looking for.. hope this helps
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough

hi

me and my family are hoping to move to perth in july 09. we went to perth in october and i got offered job at royal perth hospital as a registered nurse.. we hoping to live in quinns rock or ocean reef.

not started visa process yet waiting to here if RPH have nominated me yet, i have sent my job acceptance back to them. i will be applying for a 121 employer sponsored migration visa.

would be greatful if you or anyone out there could give me some idea of how to start the visa. do i have to have all paperwork before i start like police checks and medicals very confused

thanks

kind regards
Hi

Have sent you a pm

Claire
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

thanks guys

yes we looked at a house in kinross when we were over in october, the house we looked at was a little small, and my hubby has his heart set on quinns rock (dont know why, price probs). does anyone know if this is in ocean reefs catchment area or ways i can find out. thanks for all your posts much appreciated

angela
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

Great 2 c it has worked out so quickly for you Jan. I applied last May and because of a difficulty in providing them with certain document evidence, I have still not completed the Skills Assessment. They say it take 6-12 weeks for this and then another 12 months before being given the nod! Hopefully we will be there this time next year. Best of luck.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

thanks guys

yes we looked at a house in kinross when we were over in october, the house we looked at was a little small, and my hubby has his heart set on quinns rock (dont know why, price probs). does anyone know if this is in ocean reefs catchment area or ways i can find out. thanks for all your posts much appreciated

angela
This is the link to Ocean Reef School http://www.oceanreef.wa.edu.au/about/enrolment.html and gives details of their catchment area. This is the link for Schools online where you can find details of all WA state schools
http://www2.eddept.wa.edu.au/schoolprofile/home.do
Hope this helps
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colchester
Definitely go for Ocean Reef. I teach there - it is a reasonable school. The classes are streamed. DO NOT live in Clarkson, or put your kids into school there.